AppFolio Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated March 18, 2019

4.5

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "No cons outside of the expected stresses of a Customer Success position" (in 22 reviews)

• "They are head-quartered in Santa Barbara" (in 18 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"What's Not to Love?"

Current Employee - Implementation Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Implementation Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company knows how to hire! I get the pleasure of working alongside quality and driven people-- all day long. From the top-down, the culture at AppFolio is one of a kind. Whether you are a top exec or brand new to the company, everybody is somebody here. My input is valued and my development is as important to my managers as it is to me.

In my 2.5 years at AppFolio, I have had 3 promotions and the opportunities are endless. With multiple Professional Development opportunities and courses available, I am truly in control of my career path.

We are constantly collaborating with other departments, which creates a challenging yet rewarding environment. Work hard, play hard. We celebrate our successes!

Other than the above-- catered lunches, unlimited snacks, happy hours, holiday parties, ping pong tournaments, Mario Kart races AND amazing benefits.. the list goes on. I also love that AppFolio puts a huge focus on giving back to the community (big win!).

Cons

No cons at this time, other than too many snacks in the kitchen...

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. I love that in the past 2.5 years, I have seen us grow incredibly fast, yet I still feel as valued from day one as I do today. Management, from our CEO to our Department Managers, all take the time to know us as individuals. Our input matters. Do what you can to keep this-- as it sets AppFolio apart from other companies.

May 31, 2018 – CMO

Your input definitely matters - as we grow we continue to work on ways to increase the collaboration, teamwork and development for our employees. Thank you for taking the time to write such a... More

"Amazing Culture and Constant Growth Opportunities"

Current Employee - Senior Customer Success Manager in Goleta, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Customer Success Manager in Goleta, CA

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone at AppFolio is extremely welcoming and friendly, I even had several people stop by to encourage me when I was walking in for my interview. One of my favorite things about AppFolio is that I get to go into work every day with a group of incredibly talented people who are also down to earth and friendly. It creates
     an inspiring workplace culture where I feel consistently challenged but also excited to come in and contribute.

Additionally, there have been constant growth opportunities as we continue to grow so there are always new challenges to focus on developing my career. AppFolio does a great job of being transparent about the requirements to move into new roles and providing resources to enable us to get there.

Cons

No major cons to think of, working in Customer Success can be stressful at times but they do a great job of mitigating that with different events, snacks and hiring people who make it fun to come to work.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! One of the things that really differentiates AppFolio is the culture and I am grateful there is such an emphasis on maintaining this as we grow.

"Excellent company to grow your career!"

Current Employee - Customer Engagement Manager in Goleta, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Engagement Manager in Goleta, CA

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Work Hard - You will be Noticed (AppFolio mentors and promotes within the company. I have had 2 promotions in 1.5 years)

-Work/Life Balance (People rarely take work home and there is no expectation of working outside of normal business hours)

-Goes Above & Beyond for Employees (free food, free drinks, workout classes, holiday fun, company BBQs, happy hours, the list goes on and on)

-Exciting Outlook (AppFolio has BIG plans for the future, and it is exciting to be part of it!)

-Make a Difference (AppFolio truly thinks about our customers, our environment and is making a difference in our community & nationally)

Cons

Honestly cannot think of any. I have worked at many other companies and nothing compares to AppFolio!

Advice to Management

-Continue to invest in employees
    -Continue to be transparent at all levels of the company

"What an amazing opportunity!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This has been an amazing journey so far at AppFolio! I’ve been with the company for over 2 years and it’s been an amazing experience. In those 2 years I've had 2 promotions, worked with an amazing group of people, and had endless support from leadership for growth & career development.

Appfolio hires such amazing people and that’s what makes it such a great company. Over 20 days of PTO, fully stocked kitchen and snacks, free catered lunches, company outings & events, the list goes on.

Cons

There are currently no cons.

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

• Great work ethic. Every one is passionate about what they do and always keep the customer top of mind.
    • Teamwork. Everyone loves to work together, which develops both a great product and culture.
    • Career Growth. Everyone is given the opportunity to learn and excel in what they do, and can expect to blossom in their career at Appfolio, whether they are fresh new talent or already have a well developed career.
    • Perks & benefits. Nuff said.

Cons

• None so far! I have only been working there for a couple of months. At this time, I am unable to provide any cons (which is a great thing).

"Not as good as it sounded"

Current Employee - Engineer in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some very nice people, free clothes, food, close to beach

Cons

There is not trust or real appreciation in Engineering. They sell you how great it is but then you find out it is not what it seems during interviews. People are fired without a good reason, and others are quitting because of limited opportunity, fear, and bad management. I have seen many leave in a short time. If you want a quick experience, it is maybe fine, but not for long term. I was happy when I moved here for this job but now I wish I took a different offer.

Advice to Management

Try to put yourself in employee shoes instead of being selfish and only focusing on business goals

Mar 18, 2019 – CMO

So many AppFolians, and especially engineers, have a great connection with our business goals and the problems they solve that have significant impact on our customers. It sounds like you're not... More

7. "Corporate job without the corporate feel"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Relaxed dress code, lots of snacks, good amount of PTO, transparency, opportunity for growth

Cons

Some snacks are unhealthy ;).

Advice to Management

Keep hiring the right people.

"Love working here!"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working at AppFolio has been a breath of fresh air in numerous ways compared to jobs I've held in the past.

What I appreciate is knowing my contributions at the company do make a huge difference for not only our customers, but the people working within the company. Our want and ability to collaborate with one another only makes things faster and more efficient, and we enjoy the process!

Knowing that my contributions matter is probably one of the most important things in any position, whether that be services, sales, marketing, etc. On top of this, our management shows great transparency and stresses work-life balance being important! It's great to see things being preached also put into practice as well.

Cons

Working in services at certain times of the year can be a little stressful, but comes with the territory. I can't think of any other cons at this juncture!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

Feb 19, 2019 – CMO

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on our Customer Success team. I love to hear that you can see how your contributions matter. Feeling connected to our customers is such an... More

"I couldn't have asked for a better place to work at!"

Current Employee - Product Success Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Product Success Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Where to start? I have been with AppFolio for a little over 2 years and honestly, it has been the most fun. It is very rewarding to see how far I have come in such a short time and am so excited to see what else I am able to accomplish. The people you work with become your family and your managers have open door policies and are always pushing you to do your best and excel in everything you do.

It is very rewarding to work for a company that cares about its culture and its employees on a personal level. Not a day goes by where I am not thankful for working with such great people and such a great Company!

It is so motivating to see so many great women excel in their positions and continue to grow as well as share their stories across the board. There is just not a place where you can find so much talent with such a diverse background. This is truly so inspiring to see and witness on a day to day basis. It makes me so proud to be an AppFolian!

If you want to gain life long friends and want to grow your career, then this is the place for you! Like honestly, what are you waiting for?

Cons

The only single con I can think of is the coffee, besides that- we are pretty spoiled!

Advice to Management

Keep hiring great people and continue to take the constructive criticism you receive from your employees. It is amazing that you take this by heart, it makes us feel appreciated and honestly couldn't thank you enough!!

10. "Great Place to Start Career"

Current Employee - Customer Success Manager
    Current Employee - Customer Success Manager

I have been working at AppFolio full-time

Pros

I genuinely feel like recruiters and managers work hard to hire a certain kind of person- not only is the role difficult, but all my coworkers do it with a smile and are selfless with their time when I need help. The benefits are great, and managers try hard to keep things positive even during busy periods which is a huge plus.

Cons

At least for this role, the compensation is low compared to similar positions at competitor offices. The position itself is stressful, but I knew what I was getting into before I started so it was not a complete surprise.

Advice to Management

I think I will always be impressed by the management. However, when it comes to customer success, don't forget what it's like to be in our position.