AppFolio Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
AppFolio President and CEO Jason Randall
Jason Randall

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great management and a very welcoming culture with a true sense of work/life balance (in 16 reviews)

• AppFolio invests heavily in hiring the right people and maintaining an amazing company culture (in 22 reviews)

Cons
  • No cons to think of at this time (in 13 reviews)

• Salaries in Customer success are low compared to the requirements of the job and the work load (in 8 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Company From Top Down!"

Current Employee - Implementation Services in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Implementation Services in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

We are customer centric. We build great software and genuinely care about the relationships we build with our users.

Executives hold regular company meetings to keep all of us in the know about what we are doing as a company.

Many opportunities to collaborate across departments. This is great for networking, building relationship and professional skills, and gives opportunity to make an impact on a large scale.

Once you have put in the time and effort there is a ton of opportunity. We have a ton of great people. Hard work and commitment are rewarded.

I have been at AppFolio for just over 6 years. My career has grown, my salary has grown, and I have grown (my second job out of college).

I have been treated well by everyone from our CEO, to VP's, directors, and managers. I genuinely feel like I can approach anyone in the company. My opinions and those of my colleagues are valued.

The company looks for feedback from our employees, regularly, and spends a great deal of effort building on the positive and addressing any concerns.

On a personal level, Appfolio leadership has proven to me that they want to see me succeed. The support is tremendous. It speaks volumes that I have received such a great level of support at a growing and successful company.

Cons

AppFolio pays fairly but Santa Barbara is an expensive city to live in (arguably worth it). If you work in the Dallas office the cost of living is a nonfactor.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Transparency, listening and acting on employee feedback, recruiting great talent, and fostering a fun atmosphere is something unique to AppFolio. The majority of my friends who work outside of Appfolio don't report the same experience.

May 9, 2017 – CMO

Thank you for sharing your experience -- it is so great to hear from team members like you who have been here for years and experienced support from leadership, career growth and feel heard... More

2. "Great company"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Santa Barbara, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Santa Barbara, CA

I worked at AppFolio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The great team spirit
    The base salary

Cons

Can't really say something negative about the company

3. "Great place to land and to grow"

Current Employee - Manager in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Inspiring work
    Technology leader
    Dogs
    Forward thinking
    Friendliest team ever

Cons

Nothing that I can think of

4. "Smart Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Goleta, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Goleta, CA

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Smart people, great leaders, and good strategy. I get to think for myself and I'm expected to be resourceful.

Cons

You have to think for yourself and you're expected to be resourceful.

5. "Appfolio = Unicorn"

Former Employee - Sales Leadership in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Leadership in Dallas, TX

I worked at AppFolio full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Selfless leader and CEO that sacrifices his own wants/needs and makes decisions based on whats best for the entire company, the employees and the families they support.

Cons

I miss my Appfolians, gotta have more APPF stock cowbell

Advice to Management

Keep setting the bar high

6. "Sr. Account Executive"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Culture
    Aggressive Commission Plan
    Excellent Product and Reputation
    Proven Recession Proof Business

Cons

Limited work from home options

Advice to Management

Keep driving development upstream!

7. "I LOVE my job!"

Current Employee - Implementation Team
    Current Employee - Implementation Team

I have been working at AppFolio full-time

Pros

AppFolio is a great Company with amazing products that really cares about their employees. I've grown so much in my time on the Implementation Team. This is the best job I've ever had! There is so much opportunity and room for growth. The Company is growing really fast and it's exciting to be part of it!

Cons

I can't think of anything.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

8. "AppFolio is amazing!"

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been in the workforce for 12 years and had the chance to work for many great organizations, from start ups to international fortune 500. I can honestly say I have NEVER had as much confidence in an organization's future prospects as I have since joining AppFolio.

Bottom line - I am so excited to be a part of the amazing growth story happening here at AppFolio - so much opportunity within my role to be impactful in adding value to our customers and business, as well as long term career opportunity to continue my personal/career growth.

I few guiding principals that make AppFolio such a great place to be:

-AppFolio is extremely customer centric, ensuring what we build meets important customer needs and enables their success.
    -Grounded, methodical approach to business planning and strategy, coupled with transparency throughout the organization, lends to high confidence in future direction.
    -AppFolio invests heavily in hiring the right people and maintaining an amazing company culture. I have never worked with so many talented, amazing people - on a professional and personal level.

Cons

There is more opportunity than we can execute against, we need your help so apply today!!

Advice to Management

Keep setting solid strategy, maintain transparency, don't lose focus on maintaining our amazing culture!

Aug 16, 2017 – CMO

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at AppFolio - it is so great when you have years of experience working in other organizations as a comparison point. The guiding principles you... More

9. "Great place to gain professional experience in SaaS"

Former Employee - Senior Inside Sales Representative in Santa Barbara, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Inside Sales Representative in Santa Barbara, CA

I worked at AppFolio full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The sales department has a well oiled training plan that sets you up for success. I had no experience selling and with their training was a top performer right out the gate. I always felt coached and supported.

Cons

There were a lot of changes when I left and new management that were hired from the outside and unexperienced in management. Still love the company and am happy to see they are successful.

Aug 16, 2017 – CMO

So glad you appreciated the training and coaching you received from our sales program. Thank you for contributing to our success while you were here !

10. "Great place to start or grow your career"

Current Employee - Customer Engagement Manager in Goleta, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Engagement Manager in Goleta, CA

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Fellow coworkers are easy going and friendly
    - Company events
    - Senior Leadership
    - The product
    - Company Growth

This is definitely a company where hard work, dedication and a willingness to learn & help your peers pays off. Do not expect to have a promotion or a title change handed to you, it is certainly earned through showing your merit.

This is truly a great place where you can begin your career out of college or if you are switching industries. I've had the pleasure of seeing the company grow tremendously in the 3+ years that I've been here and I do not see a ceiling at all. The sky truly is the limit here.

Cons

The only con that I had (compensation & benefits) has been addressed and continues to be as we grow.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring great, motivated people!

Aug 16, 2017 – CMO

This is one of my very favorite comments 'The sky truly is the limit here' - it sounds like in your 3+ years with AppFolio you've really made the most of the opportunity. This is the key to having a... More