AppFolio Reviews | Glassdoor

AppFolio President and CEO Jason Randall
Jason Randall

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "No cons outside of the expected stresses of a Customer Success position" (in 20 reviews)

• "AppFolio pays fairly but Santa Barbara is an expensive city to live in (arguably worth it)" (in 10 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"My AppFolio Experience"

Current Employee - Customer Success Account Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Success Account Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Where do I start...

AppFolio has opened up so many doors for my professional development & internal growth. Leadership is not only transparent but they are willing to partner with the teams in hopes of working together to accomplish their goals. In the past 3 years, I have been promoted 6 times and have never been held back from a new opportunity to continue growing my AppFolio career.

Executives are constantly interacting with departments and making sure everyone is up to speed on recent news, new ideas, & overall health of the company (which is very ensuring).

Again, the opportunities for advancement are everywhere (as long as you bring a positive outlook and strong work ethic to your team/department).

Overall, I owe so much of my success to AppFolio and couldn't have choose a better place to advance my career.

Cons

No cons, everything has been wonderful!

Advice to Management

Keep it up guys because I have never felt so respected and valued as an employee.

May 10, 2018 – CMO

Love to hear that you're having such a great experience with AppFolio. Thank you for taking the time to share it!

2. "Job Jackpot"

Current Employee - Implementation Specialist in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Implementation Specialist in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I just started here less than 2 months ago and I feel that I’ve hit the job jackpot! I enjoy going to work everyday. The best part of the job is the people you’re surrounded by. AppFolio really hires people based on fit to company culture and that’s what makes it a great place to work. Training is great and management is awesome! Lots of opportunity to move up.

Cons

I wish they had tuition reimbursement for graduate school.

Advice to Management

Tuition reimbursement for graduate school

May 31, 2018 – CMO

What a great review title! We are happy to have you working with our customers to get them up and running with our software - so glad to hear you appreciate the culture and are committed to making... More

3. "What's Not to Love?"

Current Employee - Implementation Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Implementation Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company knows how to hire! I get the pleasure of working alongside quality and driven people-- all day long. From the top-down, the culture at AppFolio is one of a kind. Whether you are a top exec or brand new to the company, everybody is somebody here. My input is valued and my development is as important to my managers as it is to me.

In my 2.5 years at AppFolio, I have had 3 promotions and the opportunities are endless. With multiple Professional Development opportunities and courses available, I am truly in control of my career path.

We are constantly collaborating with other departments, which creates a challenging yet rewarding environment. Work hard, play hard. We celebrate our successes!

Other than the above-- catered lunches, unlimited snacks, happy hours, holiday parties, ping pong tournaments, Mario Kart races AND amazing benefits.. the list goes on. I also love that AppFolio puts a huge focus on giving back to the community (big win!).

Cons

No cons at this time, other than too many snacks in the kitchen...

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. I love that in the past 2.5 years, I have seen us grow incredibly fast, yet I still feel as valued from day one as I do today. Management, from our CEO to our Department Managers, all take the time to know us as individuals. Our input matters. Do what you can to keep this-- as it sets AppFolio apart from other companies.

May 31, 2018 – CMO

Your input definitely matters - as we grow we continue to work on ways to increase the collaboration, teamwork and development for our employees. Thank you for taking the time to write such a... More

4. "AppFolio is a great place to build a career and have fun doing it!"

I have been working at AppFolio full-time

Pros

• Opportunities for career growth - hard work is recognized and an internal job board advertises new openings within the company

• Upper management is gracious and approachable - transparent company meetings, "Coffee with the CFO," open to questions and feedback

• Engaging corporate culture - annual guacamole-making contest, summer barbecue and fundraising for employee-picked nonprofits (this year we're supporting Rise Against Hunger)

Cons

• Some junior leaders are inexperienced and could use some coaching

5. "Services"

Current Employee - Customer Service in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunity for growth, experience, and lots of great culture

Cons

No issues at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep opening doors and being transparent with your employees

May 31, 2018 – CMO

Great to hear that you value the opportunities for growth - thanks for taking the time to share your experience.

6. "Associate Customer Success Manager"

Current Employee - Associate Customer Success Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Associate Customer Success Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment! Company encourages work/life balance.

Cons

If I have to put something maybe overwhelming snack options?

May 31, 2018 – CMO

Too many snack choices can be overwhelming :) Glad to hear that's your number one con. Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

7. "Overrated Culture."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Plano, TX

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice desks and computers. That’s really it.

Cons

The pay is really low. The training is disorganized and sloppy. There these associate managers that are clueless to what a manager really does. Everyone that can help new hires is running around in meeting for some reason. The co workers are helpful but they have a job to do as well. A lot is expected for very little compensation. The “rules” of dealing with customers is idiotic. Laughable guidelines. Corny office decor and fake culture. It’s only a good culture for the managers and upper level people. The training is so weak. I was trained by 4-5 different people many did it even know how to train. One in particular was a horrible worker. Rude and lazy. The actual “trainer” wasn’t there and everything was off axis. Yes they have a high rating but I have been working for awhile and it’s just fluff.

Advice to Management

Have actual trainers and not one employee that is in charge of training all the new hires. Pay your people more. Chill with the culture talk if your not gonna live it.

May 31, 2018 – CMO

Sorry to hear you're not having a great experience in your role at AppFolio. Life is too short to stay in a position or at a company where you feel the culture isn't a match to your style and... More

8. "Associate Customer Success Manager"

I worked at AppFolio full-time

Pros

Management wants you to succeed,
    Lots of perks and benefits including lunches and food in kitchens

Cons

Can be clique,
    Training can be lacking

May 31, 2018 – CMO

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience - we do want our team members to be successful. Hopefully you had a chance to provide additional details around how we can continue to improve our... More

9. "Stay Away"

I have been working at AppFolio full-time

Pros

free lunch every now and then

Cons

Poor management, lack of training, lack of culture, it's literally all fluff like the other low comments. It's a pretty fake environment and you shouldn't trust people there. There really isn't any growth either unless you want to become senior in your role. Pay is low and it's not open to negotiations. There's no work-life balance. Accruing PTO takes forever! I personally witnessed on multiple occasions, managers requesting their employees to post positive reviews on this site. Don't fully believe all the hype you read about.

Advice to Management

Better training and instead of having free mugs and shirts, we could be paid more.

Jun 8, 2018 – CMO

It sounds like you're not having a great experience here. There are so many examples of AppFolians who start a career here and find success through hard work and maximizing every opportunity. That... More

"A company to love and grow with."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Goleta, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Goleta, CA

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working hard and building your career alongside similarly wonderful people.
    AppFolio seems to know how to find people you actually want to work and interact with both on and off work hours.

The trajectory of both the company and the opportunities has been fantastic.
    When you walk into an office and you see their values written on a wall, it is truly wonderful when you actually see them practised. I encourage anyone that wants to move up in a tech company to consider working here. Opportunities are achievable if you're willing to put in the time, even from an entry-level position.

Cons

A tremendous amount to learn as both the product and the work entails a very deep and broad amount of subject and experience to cover. That said, I've never been more surrounded by people willing to help bridge that gap, share experiences and advice. Stress is present but manageable. Work does not go home with you if you do not take it there.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring great people. Keep improving the onboarding experience. Keep focusing on how to best help and communicate with both customers and downstream communications to staff. Things are already moving in this direction; keep it up!

May 10, 2018 – CMO

Such great advice as we grow - we are continuing to make the onboarding experience better and definitely value the importance of hiring great people.