AppFolio Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated January 18, 2019

4.5

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "No cons outside of the expected stresses of a Customer Success position" (in 22 reviews)

• "They are head-quartered in Santa Barbara" (in 18 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"What's Not to Love?"

Current Employee - Implementation Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Implementation Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company knows how to hire! I get the pleasure of working alongside quality and driven people-- all day long. From the top-down, the culture at AppFolio is one of a kind. Whether you are a top exec or brand new to the company, everybody is somebody here. My input is valued and my development is as important to my managers as it is to me.

In my 2.5 years at AppFolio, I have had 3 promotions and the opportunities are endless. With multiple Professional Development opportunities and courses available, I am truly in control of my career path.

We are constantly collaborating with other departments, which creates a challenging yet rewarding environment. Work hard, play hard. We celebrate our successes!

Other than the above-- catered lunches, unlimited snacks, happy hours, holiday parties, ping pong tournaments, Mario Kart races AND amazing benefits.. the list goes on. I also love that AppFolio puts a huge focus on giving back to the community (big win!).

Cons

No cons at this time, other than too many snacks in the kitchen...

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. I love that in the past 2.5 years, I have seen us grow incredibly fast, yet I still feel as valued from day one as I do today. Management, from our CEO to our Department Managers, all take the time to know us as individuals. Our input matters. Do what you can to keep this-- as it sets AppFolio apart from other companies.

May 31, 2018 – CMO

Your input definitely matters - as we grow we continue to work on ways to increase the collaboration, teamwork and development for our employees. Thank you for taking the time to write such a... More

2. "Great Entry Level Job"

Former Employee - Implementation Manager
    Former Employee - Implementation Manager

I worked at AppFolio full-time

Pros

fun, good environment, great learning opportunity

Cons

valuable assets leave due to low salaries

3. "Customer Success Key Account Manager"

Current Employee - Customer Success Key Account Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Customer Success Key Account Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

AppFolio truly cares about their employees. I am new to the company, and I have found the on-boarding process to be well- structured and extremely helpful to my role! My peers and managers are always happy to help, and everyone is super welcoming. The culture at AppFolio is awesome! Work/life balance is a priority. The company truly sees their employees as family.

Cons

There isn’t a single con.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you’re doing. The fact that you value and listen to your employees is admirable. Very few companies do that these days!

4. "Couldn't Ask For More"

Current Employee - Data Migration Specialist in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Data Migration Specialist in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Coming out of college, I feared I would hate going to work but, fortunately enough, I found AppFolio. Getting up and going to a place surrounded by some of my best friends...I couldn't ask for more. Management is very transparent and makes you feel comfortable and heard when addressing them with any issues you may have. Can't wait to see where 2019 will take this company and I'm thrilled to be a part of it.

Cons

Can't think of any cons

5. "BEST COMPANY EVER!!!!"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Free food, fully stocked kitchens all the time, lots of catered lunches
    - dog friendly office
    -nice managers (yet still effective and always wanting the best for you)
    - pay is really good
    - great benefits
    - HR is very accessible
    - very organized structure
    - I've learned so much
    - free yoga everyday at lunch

Cons

-none really, sometimes Sales is challenging and managers expect you to hit goal 100% of the time but that is expected

6. "Feel Lucky to Work Here!"

Current Employee - Onboarding Specialist in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Onboarding Specialist in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love my job and AppFolio! I feel very lucky to be a part of this awesome company. If you work hard, you will be rewarded and recognized. Upper management is always looking for ways to improve, grow, and expand our scope. This is very inspiring as an employee and provides lots of opportunity for growth within the company. I cannot say enough about the culture. I feel like my coworkers have become family. I don't believe many people can say this about their job but I actually look forward to coming to work every day.

Cons

Tuition reimbursement for graduate school would be a plus!

Advice to Management

Continue looking for areas to grow while maintaining focus on our core products.

7. "Talent Specialist"

I have been working at AppFolio full-time

Pros

-GREAT culture: People are friendly, welcoming, and can sense others love working here. Everyone is hardworking! Casual work attire.
    -MANAGEMENT: Great leadership, engaged and cares for employees' success, on top of things. No micro management. Trusts their employees.
    -LOCATION: Great area!

This company is amazing! Can't say it enough.

Cons

Wish we can bring dogs to the SD location! :)

Dec 6, 2018 – CMO

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on AppFolio - authentically feeling proud of the company you recruit for is so great!

8. "Customer Success Manager"

I have been working at AppFolio full-time

Pros

Positive work environment, youthful culture, collaborative peer relationships. They really make you feel welcome and part of the team the second you walk through the doors on your first day.

Cons

Position is essentially a glorified Call Center Tech answering questions from
    angry customers that don't understand how the product works and makes it your fault. Management has you sit dead in the water reviewing videos about the product info without any expectations of what your comprehension level should be until you are finally scheduled a training class where you are given the exact same review materials from before training started, where you have to balance tedious training modules and incoming client cases you are not ready to work yet.

Advice to Management

Implement more one on one training with new hires to gauge their understanding of the product so both sides know where they stand.

Dec 18, 2018 – CMO

Glad to hear you found it a positive work environment and the team is welcoming. Customer Success is a great place to start your career in a tech company and we have so many examples of team members... More

9. "It Could be Better"

Current Employee - Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at AppFolio full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great office environment, free snacks, business casual

Cons

No Onboarding and Orientation. No training for new hires. No reference guide with steps for new hires to learn and get up to speed. Managers talk down at associates because they also vent that their managers/directors treat them in the same way

Advice to Management

Amie and Jason please look into this as it’s these little foxes that spoils the vineyard

Jan 14, 2019 – CMO

Thank you for the feedback. Getting new employees up to speed on our customers, business and culture is very important and an area of continued investment for us. Please continue to provide feedback... More

"Love it"

I have been working at AppFolio full-time

Pros

The people, the culture, the environment

Cons

nothing I can think of

Dec 6, 2018 – CMO