Apple - Hardware Engineering Intern review | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Apple

"Hardware Engineering Intern review"

Former Intern - Intern in Sunnyvale, CA
Former Intern - Intern in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Apple as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Very innovative culture,
supportive teammates and management,
run like a series of small startups instead of global company, makes it very easy to take ownership of work.

Cons

secrecy got in the way of productivity.

Advice to Management

make inter-team relationships easier to establish.

Other Employee Reviews for Apple

1. "I LOVE this company"

Former Contractor - Apple Certified Support Professional in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Contractor - Apple Certified Support Professional in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Apple as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is the only Corporation I have ever worked for. I appreciate that they give you unlimited training and give you time to train. I like all of the products and learning about how they work is like a puzzle every day.

Cons

I worked in Apple Retail in the early 00s. We used to get bonuses and awesome deals on computers and product like almost for free. This does not really effect me now. But, I feel badly for the people at the stores because I feel they don't get paid enough or compensated well.

Advice to Management

There is nothing I would really change

"Retail is unfortunately going downhill fast!"

Current Employee - Operations Specialist
    Current Employee - Operations Specialist

I have been working at Apple full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Have met many people that are life long friends
    Benefits (401K, Great low cost insurance, RSU, Discount Stock, Fitness Reimbursement, Commuter Benefits, Discounts)
    Corporate Career Experiences are awesome!

Cons

Pay - The pay is good for retail but not when you consider how much the company brings in annually, it's actually insulting if you crunch the numbers.
    The longer you work here, the worse you're treated - The apple juice will wear off as with any job and people that are beyond competent in their jobs and who excel will be overlooked for promotions/career experiences by new hires who kiss a**. Pay is also pretty equal for people that have been in a position for years with someone that was just hired. There is no reward for sticking with the company whatsoever.
    No Work/Life Balance - Operations always gets screwed over with the algorithms for shifts. People have preferences for shift times/days, give it to tenured employees first then fill with part-time as needed, as with most other companies. It doesn't make sense.
    Management is inept - Some are good but others almost make it their mission to throw their direct reports under the bus because they don't know what they are doing. This would be alleviated if management was hired from within, as well as from within departments.
    No real career mobility - It is near impossible to move forward unless you kiss a**, orgasm the "Apple culture" and management wants to sleep with you (which has happened at my store.
    Apple culture is deteriorating - This goes back to corporate. Everything is $$$ now at the expense of employees while top executives make a killing and gift us $5 T-shirts and a printing of the Apple Credo as a Christmas gift. The company could give every retail employee a $10,000 raise and it wouldn't even be more than 1% of their profits yearly.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. We do the day to day work, we know how things run. You are losing your best employees which is why new hires are subpar in comparison to years ago. If you want to become another Best Buy/Circuit City you are on your way. If you really care about the Apple Culture that you talk about over and over, then the same issues would not be present in all of these reviews. Literally the benefits are the only reason most Retail employees put up with it.