Apple Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apple Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2018
6,565 Interview Reviews

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Had a phone interview and talked a lot about my portfolio projects. They were more interested in specific engineering challenges that I faced when building my projects. Asked some technical questions about manufacturing processes.

Interview Questions

• Show me the back of an iPhone and asked me how it might have been manufactured.   7 Answers

Aha Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2013.

Interview

Very pleasant recruiters. First a phone interview that took about 15 minutes. Followed by two Skype interviews; first with a recruiter after that with a manager.
    Basic trouble shooting questions. They want to really get to know you as a person.
    Just be yourself and don't be afraid to be geeky/nerdy! Make sure you have a desk and dedicated home phone line.

Interview Questions

• None really; just be prepared to answer: "can you define empathy for me".   1 Answer

Negotiation

none, it's Apple :-)

Aha Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Austin, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone.
    FaceTime
    FaceTime
    T tells you about the job each time ask you questions why you being a good employee for Apple why do you want to work for Apple.

Interview Questions

• You do role-playing and scenarios   1 Answer

Negotiation

The only negative part was having to wait

Computer Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Urbana, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

they will ask you a few questions about the tree and some other forms of data structure which I was taking the class by then. SO I couldn't answer the questions and the interview didn't go well

Computer Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Natick, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Natick, MA) in November 2013.

Interview

With an Apple detail job, there is a weed out and 5 interviews. I only went to three interview since I already knew some people on the inside. All of the interviewers we super nice and made you feel comfortable with them.

Interview Questions

• How you resolved an issue with your most difficult customer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation necessary. The pay is more than reasonable, and benefits are unlike I've ever seen before.

Corporate Procurement Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

At Apple I believe all interviews are tag team in other words there are at least two managers from different departments: the one you were going to work for and the one you were going to serve. There are also senior employees from the Department you'll be working alongside. One member from Human Resources also will be part of the interview. But this interview process is approximately 3 to 4 hours long, each individual gets approximately 45 minutes to an hour with you so you'll have to be prepared for a long process. How are the accommodations and the room are plush, I don't know if that makes you less or more nervous. This information is not a part of the process but I feel it's very important and as looking down I don't see this question the draft which would be dressed very casually I don't suggest wearing a tie. By that I mean nice jeans loafers and maybe a polo shirt or a button up shirt.

Interview Questions

• The one thing that kept impression upon me what's how the challenging the job was going to be in regards to your colleagues. My job experience was more than adequate, the experience I had with exactly what they were looking for to put in place process and procedures that would help the company in the long run. But a suggested by the way my co-workers were going to interact with me was an experience pain itself.   1 Answer

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

Found by a recruiter. I interviewed the next week with the supervising attorney. The interview was fairly informal and lasted about 20 minutes. On the drive home, I received a call from the recruiter that Apple extended me an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was hired as a contractor, there wasn't much negotiation involved.

Performance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

1) apply online
    2) recruiter inquires if interest in the position(kernel performance engineer) and schedule a phone interview
    3) Hiring manager does a technical phone interview
    asking questions : scheduling algorithm, process/thread, performance, and all about operating system performance

Performance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Simple and straightforward. Simple coding questions. Some code analysis for perf issues. Mostly focussed on Perf related testing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate base pay and sign on bonus

Part Time Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Apple (Cincinnati, OH) in June 2013.

Interview

two interview with different managers the ask you questions about you, your hobbies your life and how you would present yourself to the customers and the team. The process was very simple and informal and the setting was as well.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself and what you bring to the table   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2011.

Interview

I applied online. After a few weeks I received an email asking if I could attend a an employment seminar and I accepted. I arrived early in a button down shirt and dress pants, others wore anything from a flannel and jeans to a suit 22 candidates total. We were taken to the food court where we mad our own name tags and were watched by several of the personnel 4.

We were then lead back to the store, everyones claps at your arrival. You take a stool, each Apple employee is introduced, and you listen to a presentation. Then you watch a movie about Apple. Next, you are asked to break into pairs. In pairs, you are tasked to interview each other, then asked to present each other in front of everyone. At this time about 15 Apple employees are watching and writing information on clipboards. After you listen to more presentation and watch more about Apple. Next you are asked questions about Apple as a group anyone can answer, I answered several myself.

Now you are split into groups or 4 or 5 and they count i out so you are not with someone you were sitting close to. Each of these groups have two apple employees to coach and watch. Each person is asked to pull a question out of a hat. They are regular interview questions... what did you do when... How did you handle this... Then your group is given a packet of information. It contains a short bio and product information. You are first tasked with developing three leading questions to ask the person in the bio. Next, based on those questions you all work together to meet that customers needs. Then you present your findings. Some groups did skits where someone pretended to be the employee and other the customer. Some people did a standard presentation. At this time the Apple employees are still writing information about each person.

After all presentations are finished you return to your seats and are given to ask the Apple employees questions. Make sure you ask some. Then you are given a formal document to fill out to select the jobs you are interested in, hours of availability, starting date. You are then given the opportunity to socialize with the employees.

I was email two days later for a second interview. I told the I was available and I was asked to come in a speak with a specific manager. When I arrived, I was told he had left for the day, but I overheard him introduce himself to another candidate he was interviewing while I was waiting and browsing the store. I was then led by two other managers out to an area to interview with them. The interview lasted just over an hour and consisted of regular interview questions with each person writing down information and asking follow up questions when they saw fit. After the interview, which seemed to go very well, the apple employees continued to speak with me as we disbursed. I wore dress pants and shirt with a sport coat.

After a week I received an email stating they were not interested from the original manager that contacted me, who I never had the opportunity to meet. I was surprised and dumbfounded because all interviews went good and the employees seemed to really like me.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation when someone belittled you to the point of anger and how did you react?   1 Answer
    • Name a situation where you gave exceptional customer service.
      Would you ever break policy?   1 Answer