Apple Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apple Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2018
6,483 Interview Reviews

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Had a phone interview and talked a lot about my portfolio projects. They were more interested in specific engineering challenges that I faced when building my projects. Asked some technical questions about manufacturing processes.

Interview Questions

• Show me the back of an iPhone and asked me how it might have been manufactured.   7 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Around 2 months after I submitted my resume for Apple software engineer position, I got a call from the hiring manager. He asked me what was the good day for the interview. It took half day for meeting 5 people. It was long hour interview for me. Each interviewer spent ~ 30 minutes and asked ~ 4 questions. Each interviewer asked questions in the different areas.

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Hey guys! Here's my review of Apple's interview process. I hope this helps any potential Apple employees in their quest to join Apple! So I applied back in September actually. I didn't hear back at all. I then re-applied at the beginning of this month again and I heard back within a week about attending the hiring event.

Hiring Event: I read so many articles and nearly all of them said that the hiring event would have 70+ people. Mine only had 15 so I guess I lucked out a little. We were told to sign in and wait. Make sure you start smiling and greeting every Apple employee you see as soon as you enter the hotel?banquet hall, etc. They will start grading you the moment you enter. Start up a conversation with a couple people. This shows you're a people person and not a wallflower. We were lead in shortly after and we had introductions. All of the Apple employees introduced themselves and then we introduced ourselves. We were asked to say something about ourselves that is unique. After introductions, we were broken up into groups of 5. We passed around an iPad that had questions on it and took turns answering the questions. Make sure you seem engaged and try to tell a story with your answer. Don't just give a one word answer. Once that was over, we re-convened in the big group. We were shown videos about Apple and everyone gave a rundown about their role. After that, they asked if we had questions. Make sure you have some ready! Good ones too. Questions that will get them thinking and challenge them. They like that. I was offered the next interview right after the hiring event. It took roughly 45 minutes.

Second Interview: I had the second interview two days later at the store that I will be working at. It lasted about 30 minutes. It was all personal questions. They want to get to know you so make sure you have good answers for questions such as, "What's your hobby?", "What are you passionate about?", "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?", "Why Apple?". Don't give one word responses. Again, craft a story with your words. Think of a personal experience and relate that to the question. I was offered the the interview right after.

Third Interview: I had this interview 2 days after the second one. I expected to have a one on one but I had an interview with another gentleman. Keep in mind this isn't meant to be a competition and chances are the person you are interviewing alongside didn't even apply for the same role as you so don't get nervous. Try to speak first when possible. This interview had harder questions but if you remain calm and think for a second, you should be okay. I was asked questions like, "Name a time where you had to deal with an unruly customer", "Name the most profound experience you had with a customer", "Name a time where you were overwhelmed with projects and how you dealt with it". Again, not to awful. All in all, this interview challenged me to think outside the box and craft my answers accordingly. I got a call 2 hours later inviting me to attend the fourth interview.

Fourth Interview: This is usually the last interview for most people unless you are applying for a higher role. This interview was days after my third interview. It took place with the market leader, myself, and two other gentlemen who also applied for jobs. This one was more technical in nature so heads up. They can ask you anything from the 3 Mac's Apple offers, difference between android and iOS, difference between an SSD & HDD, explain RAM, Hard Drive, & Processor, etc. If Apple is launching a new product, know that product inside and out. I was only asked one technical question however. I was also asked what my passion in life is so when asked that, let the passion soak up the room! Let your passion take over and encapsulate everyone! I was told I'd get a response within 24-48 hours and I got one 4 days later with an offer. Don't worry if you don't get a call within the 24-48 hour time frame. Apple prides themselves on reaching out to their applicants. You will get a call.

In conclusion: Apple looks more at how you talk than what you know. Their whole mantra is, "we can teach you about technology but we can't teach you to be confident, talk to people, not be an mean, etc." So keep that in mind. It's okay if you don't know the answer to a question but don't just say "I don't know". Apple loves stories so let your inner J.K. Rowling out! All in all, be confident, smile a lot, don't be nervous, and stay calm! That will take you very far in the job process! Good luck everyone!

I posted the interview as "difficult". My reason was not that the questions were difficult, but rather that you have 4+ interviews so it becomes difficult to keep the energy going, not to repeat yourself too much, come across personable, etc. Hope that helps!

Interview Questions

• What is your passion in life? Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer. Explain RAM, Hard Drive, and Processor. Why Apple? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Name a time you had to deal with an unruly customer.   26 Answers

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Did one phone interview and one online interview, very relaxed setting with personable people. First one involved some role play and general background questions. Second one was more situational based.

Interview Questions

• If a customer called in after they've dropped their iPhone. How would you fix this?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you dealt with a difficult customer and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Hardware Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Interview

Got my resume picked from pool. Had a HR screening and then a technical round. Pretty much straightforward questions about basic electrical circuits. Needed strong understanding of circuit design and analysis.

Interview Questions

• Waveform at the output when you give a square wave at input of a basic RC circuit   Answer Question
    • What happens when you change the voltage source to current source ?   Answer Question
    • How do you increase resolution ?   Answer Question

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

my first interview was oddly not a group interview it was just a one on one interview and I got to connect with the interviewee. then my second interview was a group interview with two other candidates. the interviewer told us to tell her about ourselves and then we would have to answer questions and finally ask any question we have to her.

Interview Questions

• why apple?
      what can you bring to apple?
      what would your ideal mentor be like?   1 Answer

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

3 phone and 1 on site interview. Phone interviews were behavioral. On site went into specifics about the role and met the entire team. Took 5-6 weeks over all from start to end of the process.

Interview Questions

Interview

it was fun, asked me a few questions. got through 5 rounds of interview. manager was pretty nice to talk to. recruiter was also friendly to pair my profile with the teams.

Interview Questions

• write a one liner in python to do calculate the square of numbers in an array   Answer Question

RFIC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in June 2018.

Interview

One round phone interview and one-day on-site interview. 6 guys in the group gave me 1-by-1 interview. All technical questions related to the position. All guys are nice except the tech lead, who is like a nerd lacking interpersonal skills.

Interview Questions

• Fundamentals of RFIC circuit design, impedance matching, noise analysis, system-level analysis   Answer Question

Product Design Interview

Interview

the interview process was very straight forward, they ask you to send them a suitable time for them to call you. the whole interview takes approximately 45 minutes to 1 hr.

Interview Questions

• What happens to the temperature of an adiabatic room when a refrigerator in that room is opened   1 Answer

Genius Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

I was referred, and got an email right away to schedule and interview. First interview was a group one with about three other people. It was really casual, and fun. Part of the first interview we passed around an iPad that generated different questions for each person. I got a call a week later for a second interview, which was scheduled 5 days later. Second interview was me and another person and it was a bit nerve-wrecking because of the questions. We interviewed at a coffee shop right outside the store so it was casual but the question were tough. I got an email the next day saying that they'll move on with other candidates. I think the best way to continue and make it passed the interviews is to just be confident and outgoing. Whatever happens, don't let your nerves kick in cause that can hide and overshadow everything else. In these interviews, they are trying to see who you are as a person and if you'll interact well with other customers and what your thought process is like and how you'll be able to handle certain situations. Also if there are many locations in your area, I wouldn't apply to the busiest store, because there is a lot of demand and expectations to that store so the interview process could be more difficult.

Interview Questions

• 1. How does apple fit?

2. Favorite Apple product?

3. Why Apple?

4. Tell me About Yourself?

5. Tell me about a time when you had to do two things at once?

6. Tell me about a time when you had a conflict at work and how did you deal with it?

Tell me about a time when you received negative feedback?   Answer Question