Apple Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apple Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2017
5,490 Interview Reviews

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Had a phone interview and talked a lot about my portfolio projects. They were more interested in specific engineering challenges that I faced when building my projects. Asked some technical questions about manufacturing processes.

Interview Questions

• Show me the back of an iPhone and asked me how it might have been manufactured.   4 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Around 2 months after I submitted my resume for Apple software engineer position, I got a call from the hiring manager. He asked me what was the good day for the interview. It took half day for meeting 5 people. It was long hour interview for me. Each interviewer spent ~ 30 minutes and asked ~ 4 questions. Each interviewer asked questions in the different areas.

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Hey guys! Here's my review of Apple's interview process. I hope this helps any potential Apple employees in their quest to join Apple! So I applied back in September actually. I didn't hear back at all. I then re-applied at the beginning of this month again and I heard back within a week about attending the hiring event.

Hiring Event: I read so many articles and nearly all of them said that the hiring event would have 70+ people. Mine only had 15 so I guess I lucked out a little. We were told to sign in and wait. Make sure you start smiling and greeting every Apple employee you see as soon as you enter the hotel?banquet hall, etc. They will start grading you the moment you enter. Start up a conversation with a couple people. This shows you're a people person and not a wallflower. We were lead in shortly after and we had introductions. All of the Apple employees introduced themselves and then we introduced ourselves. We were asked to say something about ourselves that is unique. After introductions, we were broken up into groups of 5. We passed around an iPad that had questions on it and took turns answering the questions. Make sure you seem engaged and try to tell a story with your answer. Don't just give a one word answer. Once that was over, we re-convened in the big group. We were shown videos about Apple and everyone gave a rundown about their role. After that, they asked if we had questions. Make sure you have some ready! Good ones too. Questions that will get them thinking and challenge them. They like that. I was offered the next interview right after the hiring event. It took roughly 45 minutes.

Second Interview: I had the second interview two days later at the store that I will be working at. It lasted about 30 minutes. It was all personal questions. They want to get to know you so make sure you have good answers for questions such as, "What's your hobby?", "What are you passionate about?", "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?", "Why Apple?". Don't give one word responses. Again, craft a story with your words. Think of a personal experience and relate that to the question. I was offered the the interview right after.

Third Interview: I had this interview 2 days after the second one. I expected to have a one on one but I had an interview with another gentleman. Keep in mind this isn't meant to be a competition and chances are the person you are interviewing alongside didn't even apply for the same role as you so don't get nervous. Try to speak first when possible. This interview had harder questions but if you remain calm and think for a second, you should be okay. I was asked questions like, "Name a time where you had to deal with an unruly customer", "Name the most profound experience you had with a customer", "Name a time where you were overwhelmed with projects and how you dealt with it". Again, not to awful. All in all, this interview challenged me to think outside the box and craft my answers accordingly. I got a call 2 hours later inviting me to attend the fourth interview.

Fourth Interview: This is usually the last interview for most people unless you are applying for a higher role. This interview was days after my third interview. It took place with the market leader, myself, and two other gentlemen who also applied for jobs. This one was more technical in nature so heads up. They can ask you anything from the 3 Mac's Apple offers, difference between android and iOS, difference between an SSD & HDD, explain RAM, Hard Drive, & Processor, etc. If Apple is launching a new product, know that product inside and out. I was only asked one technical question however. I was also asked what my passion in life is so when asked that, let the passion soak up the room! Let your passion take over and encapsulate everyone! I was told I'd get a response within 24-48 hours and I got one 4 days later with an offer. Don't worry if you don't get a call within the 24-48 hour time frame. Apple prides themselves on reaching out to their applicants. You will get a call.

In conclusion: Apple looks more at how you talk than what you know. Their whole mantra is, "we can teach you about technology but we can't teach you to be confident, talk to people, not be an mean, etc." So keep that in mind. It's okay if you don't know the answer to a question but don't just say "I don't know". Apple loves stories so let your inner J.K. Rowling out! All in all, be confident, smile a lot, don't be nervous, and stay calm! That will take you very far in the job process! Good luck everyone!

I posted the interview as "difficult". My reason was not that the questions were difficult, but rather that you have 4+ interviews so it becomes difficult to keep the energy going, not to repeat yourself too much, come across personable, etc. Hope that helps!

Interview Questions

• What is your passion in life? Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer. Explain RAM, Hard Drive, and Processor. Why Apple? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Name a time you had to deal with an unruly customer.   24 Answers

Interview

- 3 phone calls
    - First is the biggest one
    - if you are recommended it'll be easier

I first applied in early 2016 and did not start working until early August, the process was very long but worth waiting for. this was my dream company so working here was everything I wanted.

Interview Questions

• How would you help someone with a wifi issue?   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

I went through 3 interviews. First with a Store manager with 4 other people. Second interview 2 on 1 with store leader and store manager for my final interview I met with a marketing manager

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY).

Interview

Submitted profile online and surprisingly got a call from the hiring manager about two weeks later. Scheduled a time to come in for a hiring event. I was there with 3 other people. We passed around an iPad and answered questions. Got a call to come in for a second interview two days later. Second interview was the same with a store leader and two other people, one from previous group. We were asked typical interview questions. Next day, got a call for third interview which was basically a group conversation with a couple different people. Very next day I got a call with a job offer contingent upon background check.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a conflict with someone and was able to work with them effectively afterwards.   Answer Question

Product Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

I was fortunate as to have been invited to interview while I was getting a product worked on at the genius bar. I had my first interview about two/three weeks after. I interviewed with two other people. We were asked about previous job experience, different scenarios we had found ourselves in, core values that kind of things. After about a week I was called and invited back for a second interview. This time I interviewed alone with two leaders from the store. This interview was more personal and more like what a typical job interview is like. They asked about my interests, job experience, and of course- why I wanted to work for apple. Afterwards it was about 1 1/2 to 2 weeks before I heard back. I was invited back for a third interview, this one was more informal with what is akin to a district manager for apple. We chatted about values and how my personal one mesh with apple's. After about two weeks which may have been the longest of my life, I got a call officially offering me the job! I just finished my third day of training and am so in love and positive that I made the right decision.

Interview Questions

• What made you decide to apply to Apple?   Answer Question
    • Has there been a moment where you have been given feedback about your job performance and how did you receive that?   Answer Question

AppleCare Technical Support Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple (Austin, TX).

Interview

An Apple recruiter reached out to me about the job via Indeed. I responded to him a couple of days later and also applied for the job on Apple's website. The application includes questions about past technical experiences and how you approached them. Next, another person scheduled a FaceTime/Skype interview with another Apple recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Scenario question: I can't download pictures my sister sent to me. Can you help me?   Answer Question
    • Describe what excellent customer service is to you?   1 Answer
    • What does growth in a job mean to you?   1 Answer
    • Describe a time a previous boss provided feedback to you and how you implemented that feedback into action.   1 Answer

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Was referred by two employees, went through a large group interview at first. Then it dwindled to about half the number for the second interview. Lastly, I met with 3 managers separately, one on one.

Interview Questions

• Was there ever a time where you had to deal with a disgruntled customer? If so, explain the situation and how you handled it   Answer Question

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

I applied online. A recruiter followed up and scheduled me for a phone screen. I passed the phone screen and was given a 1 week design test of a sample product. After delivering the test I was scheduled for a two day onsite interview. The interview was pretty shocking. Very high pressure and really a test of material science knowledge I don't use at my current job. No behavioral or background questions were asked. After the first day I was emailed at mid night to say they would give me a shot for the second day which was pretty unprofessional. Not a good fit in either direction and no one ever bothered to call me to tell me the results (not that I needed them to).

WW Supply Demand Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA).

Interview

The application process took 2.5 months. I had 3 phone calls: 1 screening and 2 calls with managers. My final interview was in person in CA and consisted of 4 30 min one on one interviews with a case study at the end. From start to finish the application process was a huge use of time- I was actively interviewing with other companies and I was very transparent about my schedule. Apple did not care much. I made it to the final round somehow and got to see the world renowned Apple campus. The experience was surprisingly underwhelming. The managers seemed to be clueless and awestruck throughout each of the 30 min interviews. There is no tour whatsoever. At the end for the case presentation only 2 of the 4 interviewers showed up. Apple makes you print your presentation so I went to kikos and dropped a casual $60 to print out a presentation that 2 of 4 didn't come to. Then I went home and went on with my life. Never heard back from them and I have spent approx 1 min dwelling on the experience. Sure, Apple is an amazing company if you are a consumer buying an electronic. However, I am confident I will meet my career goals without Apple and that's really why I don't feel sad that nothing came from the experience. I am just amazed at what they are like in real life- it kind of reminded me of what it feels like to find out Santa isn't real. Anyway- good luck to anyone else interviewing with them! Don't feel bad if you never hear back from them... chances are you'll spend 40 hours preparing for the case presentation and no one will show up.