Apple Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apple Interview Questions

Updated Oct 20, 2018
6,700 Interview Reviews

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Had a phone interview and talked a lot about my portfolio projects. They were more interested in specific engineering challenges that I faced when building my projects. Asked some technical questions about manufacturing processes.

Interview Questions

• Show me the back of an iPhone and asked me how it might have been manufactured.   7 Answers

Aha Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2013.

Interview

Very pleasant recruiters. First a phone interview that took about 15 minutes. Followed by two Skype interviews; first with a recruiter after that with a manager.
    Basic trouble shooting questions. They want to really get to know you as a person.
    Just be yourself and don't be afraid to be geeky/nerdy! Make sure you have a desk and dedicated home phone line.

Interview Questions

• None really; just be prepared to answer: "can you define empathy for me".   2 Answers

Negotiation

none, it's Apple :-)

Aha Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Austin, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Phone.
    FaceTime
    FaceTime
    T tells you about the job each time ask you questions why you being a good employee for Apple why do you want to work for Apple.

Interview Questions

• You do role-playing and scenarios   1 Answer

Negotiation

The only negative part was having to wait

Computer Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Urbana, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

they will ask you a few questions about the tree and some other forms of data structure which I was taking the class by then. SO I couldn't answer the questions and the interview didn't go well

Computer Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Natick, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Natick, MA) in November 2013.

Interview

With an Apple detail job, there is a weed out and 5 interviews. I only went to three interview since I already knew some people on the inside. All of the interviewers we super nice and made you feel comfortable with them.

Interview Questions

• How you resolved an issue with your most difficult customer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation necessary. The pay is more than reasonable, and benefits are unlike I've ever seen before.

Corporate Procurement Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

At Apple I believe all interviews are tag team in other words there are at least two managers from different departments: the one you were going to work for and the one you were going to serve. There are also senior employees from the Department you'll be working alongside. One member from Human Resources also will be part of the interview. But this interview process is approximately 3 to 4 hours long, each individual gets approximately 45 minutes to an hour with you so you'll have to be prepared for a long process. How are the accommodations and the room are plush, I don't know if that makes you less or more nervous. This information is not a part of the process but I feel it's very important and as looking down I don't see this question the draft which would be dressed very casually I don't suggest wearing a tie. By that I mean nice jeans loafers and maybe a polo shirt or a button up shirt.

Interview Questions

• The one thing that kept impression upon me what's how the challenging the job was going to be in regards to your colleagues. My job experience was more than adequate, the experience I had with exactly what they were looking for to put in place process and procedures that would help the company in the long run. But a suggested by the way my co-workers were going to interact with me was an experience pain itself.   1 Answer

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

Found by a recruiter. I interviewed the next week with the supervising attorney. The interview was fairly informal and lasted about 20 minutes. On the drive home, I received a call from the recruiter that Apple extended me an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was hired as a contractor, there wasn't much negotiation involved.

Penetration Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Tampa, FL) in May 2018.

Interview

2 phone screens and some email chains back and forth. The phone interviews were not only technical but cultural, but I had found this opportunity through a CTF competition sponsored by Apple at a hackathon. They seemed very nice and enthusiastic about their work and give really good feedback. I did not get a direct offer due to timing but they said they wanted to extend an offer either for the fall or upon graduation, as it was for an intership.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite area to focus on for cybersecurity?   Answer Question
    • How do you keep up to date with the latest security events; like podcasts, blogs or websites?   Answer Question
    • Name a few popular ports and services for servers   Answer Question

Performance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

1) apply online
    2) recruiter inquires if interest in the position(kernel performance engineer) and schedule a phone interview
    3) Hiring manager does a technical phone interview
    asking questions : scheduling algorithm, process/thread, performance, and all about operating system performance

Performance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Simple and straightforward. Simple coding questions. Some code analysis for perf issues. Mostly focussed on Perf related testing.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate base pay and sign on bonus

Part Time Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Apple (Cincinnati, OH) in June 2013.

Interview

two interview with different managers the ask you questions about you, your hobbies your life and how you would present yourself to the customers and the team. The process was very simple and informal and the setting was as well.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself and what you bring to the table   1 Answer