Apple Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apple Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2017
5,563 Interview Reviews

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Had a phone interview and talked a lot about my portfolio projects. They were more interested in specific engineering challenges that I faced when building my projects. Asked some technical questions about manufacturing processes.

Interview Questions

• Show me the back of an iPhone and asked me how it might have been manufactured.   4 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Around 2 months after I submitted my resume for Apple software engineer position, I got a call from the hiring manager. He asked me what was the good day for the interview. It took half day for meeting 5 people. It was long hour interview for me. Each interviewer spent ~ 30 minutes and asked ~ 4 questions. Each interviewer asked questions in the different areas.

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Hey guys! Here's my review of Apple's interview process. I hope this helps any potential Apple employees in their quest to join Apple! So I applied back in September actually. I didn't hear back at all. I then re-applied at the beginning of this month again and I heard back within a week about attending the hiring event.

Hiring Event: I read so many articles and nearly all of them said that the hiring event would have 70+ people. Mine only had 15 so I guess I lucked out a little. We were told to sign in and wait. Make sure you start smiling and greeting every Apple employee you see as soon as you enter the hotel?banquet hall, etc. They will start grading you the moment you enter. Start up a conversation with a couple people. This shows you're a people person and not a wallflower. We were lead in shortly after and we had introductions. All of the Apple employees introduced themselves and then we introduced ourselves. We were asked to say something about ourselves that is unique. After introductions, we were broken up into groups of 5. We passed around an iPad that had questions on it and took turns answering the questions. Make sure you seem engaged and try to tell a story with your answer. Don't just give a one word answer. Once that was over, we re-convened in the big group. We were shown videos about Apple and everyone gave a rundown about their role. After that, they asked if we had questions. Make sure you have some ready! Good ones too. Questions that will get them thinking and challenge them. They like that. I was offered the next interview right after the hiring event. It took roughly 45 minutes.

Second Interview: I had the second interview two days later at the store that I will be working at. It lasted about 30 minutes. It was all personal questions. They want to get to know you so make sure you have good answers for questions such as, "What's your hobby?", "What are you passionate about?", "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?", "Why Apple?". Don't give one word responses. Again, craft a story with your words. Think of a personal experience and relate that to the question. I was offered the the interview right after.

Third Interview: I had this interview 2 days after the second one. I expected to have a one on one but I had an interview with another gentleman. Keep in mind this isn't meant to be a competition and chances are the person you are interviewing alongside didn't even apply for the same role as you so don't get nervous. Try to speak first when possible. This interview had harder questions but if you remain calm and think for a second, you should be okay. I was asked questions like, "Name a time where you had to deal with an unruly customer", "Name the most profound experience you had with a customer", "Name a time where you were overwhelmed with projects and how you dealt with it". Again, not to awful. All in all, this interview challenged me to think outside the box and craft my answers accordingly. I got a call 2 hours later inviting me to attend the fourth interview.

Fourth Interview: This is usually the last interview for most people unless you are applying for a higher role. This interview was days after my third interview. It took place with the market leader, myself, and two other gentlemen who also applied for jobs. This one was more technical in nature so heads up. They can ask you anything from the 3 Mac's Apple offers, difference between android and iOS, difference between an SSD & HDD, explain RAM, Hard Drive, & Processor, etc. If Apple is launching a new product, know that product inside and out. I was only asked one technical question however. I was also asked what my passion in life is so when asked that, let the passion soak up the room! Let your passion take over and encapsulate everyone! I was told I'd get a response within 24-48 hours and I got one 4 days later with an offer. Don't worry if you don't get a call within the 24-48 hour time frame. Apple prides themselves on reaching out to their applicants. You will get a call.

In conclusion: Apple looks more at how you talk than what you know. Their whole mantra is, "we can teach you about technology but we can't teach you to be confident, talk to people, not be an mean, etc." So keep that in mind. It's okay if you don't know the answer to a question but don't just say "I don't know". Apple loves stories so let your inner J.K. Rowling out! All in all, be confident, smile a lot, don't be nervous, and stay calm! That will take you very far in the job process! Good luck everyone!

I posted the interview as "difficult". My reason was not that the questions were difficult, but rather that you have 4+ interviews so it becomes difficult to keep the energy going, not to repeat yourself too much, come across personable, etc. Hope that helps!

Interview Questions

• What is your passion in life? Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer. Explain RAM, Hard Drive, and Processor. Why Apple? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Name a time you had to deal with an unruly customer.   24 Answers

Interview

- 3 phone calls
    - First is the biggest one
    - if you are recommended it'll be easier

I first applied in early 2016 and did not start working until early August, the process was very long but worth waiting for. this was my dream company so working here was everything I wanted.

Interview Questions

• How would you help someone with a wifi issue?   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

I went through 3 interviews. First with a Store manager with 4 other people. Second interview 2 on 1 with store leader and store manager for my final interview I met with a marketing manager

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

It was pretty much like the others said. I had 4 total interviews. The first was a "hiring event" where it was me and three other people. There supposed to be 5 of us, but one didn't come for whatever reason. We sat in the corner of the store and went around the circle introducing ourselves and answered 3 questions from the HR manager all "tell me a time when" type of questions. Familiarize yourself with the STAR method of interviewing. I received a phone call a couple of days later saying that I was to interview with another manager. I showed up on to the interview only to be told that I would be interviewing with someone different. This interview was one on one and also in the store. It was a tell me about yourself, why should we hire you, what are your passions type of interview. I was prepared more for a formal interview so the manager gave me feedback on selling my personality and the type of questions to ask in the next interview but said that he liked me. Got the call a few days later for a third interview. I took the feedback from the previous interview and beasted this one. I thought it would be the last one so I went in there like Jordan in the 4th focused. It wasn't. This manager really liked me and said I'd be meeting with the Marketing Manager next. I received the call for the 4th interview but it was at a different location. This one was a group interview again. The interview started almost 30 mins. late because the previous group took so long. She was laid back and cool. I didn't do as well on this one but I think I did just enough.

It took them 5 days after the interview to call me back and let me know that they were going to offer me a job. I had to fill out information for the background check and they gave me a start date for training.

Overall, be yourself. If you're a genuinely nice person and have Apple products, you should be good to go. Definitely sell yourself and let them know how much you like Apple.

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Applied online, received and invitation for a group interview which you must schedule. In order to schedule the appointment your email address that you used to apply must be the same as your Apple ID. The first interview was a group interview which lasted for two hours but went by relatively quickly. Second interview was a week later. I was there 15 minutes before my scheduled time as suggested but the interviewer didn't meet with me until 30 minutes after I was scheduled. The interview felt rushed which I assume was because an offer was not going to be extended an offer.

Interview Questions

• what's your favorite apple product.   1 Answer

Technical Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

First round phone, second at the store in a group, third with the manager near the store, each step was within a few days of the previous. Were very accommodating and reasonable throughout.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I interviewed at Apple in Cupertino last month. It was a very long process and although I did not get an offer, it was a mostly positive experience.

I applied for Battery SW Engineer position. Phone interview and on site interviews were spread far apart. Everyone I talked to asked a lot of questions about algorithms and SW development in general.

Senior Programmer Interview

Interview

Wow, they're actually really bad and stingy about University degrees. They pick bad programmers with degrees, and ignore people with programming/shipped software. Steve Jobs touch is long departed from their hiring process, only bit shifters who can do HackerRank may apply. I'm still shell-shocked and feel totally disillusioned. Part of it is they want to treat upper crust like lead hardware designers calling the shots, but real developers are just moles, outsourced, lowest of the low and treated like cattle. Terrible treatment. Shame on you!

Please fire your recruiters, drop HackerRank, and get real skill and talent in there. Get rid of all these talentless recruiters, give money to the people you interview who deserve it, and only hire recruiters that can program.

Interview Questions

• Typical bozo HR stuff (career bg), HackerRank   1 Answer

Apple Retail Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (New York, NY).

Interview

Submitted profile online and surprisingly got a call from the hiring manager about two weeks later. Scheduled a time to come in for a hiring event. I was there with 3 other people. We passed around an iPad and answered questions. Got a call to come in for a second interview two days later. Second interview was the same with a store leader and two other people, one from previous group. We were asked typical interview questions. Next day, got a call for third interview which was basically a group conversation with a couple different people. Very next day I got a call with a job offer contingent upon background check.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a conflict with someone and was able to work with them effectively afterwards.   Answer Question