Apple Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Apple Interview Questions

Updated Apr 23, 2018
6,332 Interview Reviews

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Had a phone interview and talked a lot about my portfolio projects. They were more interested in specific engineering challenges that I faced when building my projects. Asked some technical questions about manufacturing processes.

Interview Questions

• Show me the back of an iPhone and asked me how it might have been manufactured.   7 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Around 2 months after I submitted my resume for Apple software engineer position, I got a call from the hiring manager. He asked me what was the good day for the interview. It took half day for meeting 5 people. It was long hour interview for me. Each interviewer spent ~ 30 minutes and asked ~ 4 questions. Each interviewer asked questions in the different areas.

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Hey guys! Here's my review of Apple's interview process. I hope this helps any potential Apple employees in their quest to join Apple! So I applied back in September actually. I didn't hear back at all. I then re-applied at the beginning of this month again and I heard back within a week about attending the hiring event.

Hiring Event: I read so many articles and nearly all of them said that the hiring event would have 70+ people. Mine only had 15 so I guess I lucked out a little. We were told to sign in and wait. Make sure you start smiling and greeting every Apple employee you see as soon as you enter the hotel?banquet hall, etc. They will start grading you the moment you enter. Start up a conversation with a couple people. This shows you're a people person and not a wallflower. We were lead in shortly after and we had introductions. All of the Apple employees introduced themselves and then we introduced ourselves. We were asked to say something about ourselves that is unique. After introductions, we were broken up into groups of 5. We passed around an iPad that had questions on it and took turns answering the questions. Make sure you seem engaged and try to tell a story with your answer. Don't just give a one word answer. Once that was over, we re-convened in the big group. We were shown videos about Apple and everyone gave a rundown about their role. After that, they asked if we had questions. Make sure you have some ready! Good ones too. Questions that will get them thinking and challenge them. They like that. I was offered the next interview right after the hiring event. It took roughly 45 minutes.

Second Interview: I had the second interview two days later at the store that I will be working at. It lasted about 30 minutes. It was all personal questions. They want to get to know you so make sure you have good answers for questions such as, "What's your hobby?", "What are you passionate about?", "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?", "Why Apple?". Don't give one word responses. Again, craft a story with your words. Think of a personal experience and relate that to the question. I was offered the the interview right after.

Third Interview: I had this interview 2 days after the second one. I expected to have a one on one but I had an interview with another gentleman. Keep in mind this isn't meant to be a competition and chances are the person you are interviewing alongside didn't even apply for the same role as you so don't get nervous. Try to speak first when possible. This interview had harder questions but if you remain calm and think for a second, you should be okay. I was asked questions like, "Name a time where you had to deal with an unruly customer", "Name the most profound experience you had with a customer", "Name a time where you were overwhelmed with projects and how you dealt with it". Again, not to awful. All in all, this interview challenged me to think outside the box and craft my answers accordingly. I got a call 2 hours later inviting me to attend the fourth interview.

Fourth Interview: This is usually the last interview for most people unless you are applying for a higher role. This interview was days after my third interview. It took place with the market leader, myself, and two other gentlemen who also applied for jobs. This one was more technical in nature so heads up. They can ask you anything from the 3 Mac's Apple offers, difference between android and iOS, difference between an SSD & HDD, explain RAM, Hard Drive, & Processor, etc. If Apple is launching a new product, know that product inside and out. I was only asked one technical question however. I was also asked what my passion in life is so when asked that, let the passion soak up the room! Let your passion take over and encapsulate everyone! I was told I'd get a response within 24-48 hours and I got one 4 days later with an offer. Don't worry if you don't get a call within the 24-48 hour time frame. Apple prides themselves on reaching out to their applicants. You will get a call.

In conclusion: Apple looks more at how you talk than what you know. Their whole mantra is, "we can teach you about technology but we can't teach you to be confident, talk to people, not be an mean, etc." So keep that in mind. It's okay if you don't know the answer to a question but don't just say "I don't know". Apple loves stories so let your inner J.K. Rowling out! All in all, be confident, smile a lot, don't be nervous, and stay calm! That will take you very far in the job process! Good luck everyone!

I posted the interview as "difficult". My reason was not that the questions were difficult, but rather that you have 4+ interviews so it becomes difficult to keep the energy going, not to repeat yourself too much, come across personable, etc. Hope that helps!

Interview Questions

• What is your passion in life? Name a time you went above and beyond for a customer. Explain RAM, Hard Drive, and Processor. Why Apple? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Name a time you had to deal with an unruly customer.   25 Answers

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

interviews were not too long and difficult once you're in the company. It was a lateral move. Met with the manager a couple of times to discuss the role and made the move after that.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

One phone interview followed by onsite interview with 5 rounds. Onsite interviews were half an hour each including one lunch interview. The HR got back to me a week after my interview with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Questions on resume, past projects, c coding, verilog coding   2 Answers

Apple Genius Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Apple (Miami, FL).

Interview

4 interviews. First one is a group interview which was pretty easy. They mainly want to make sure you're a people person and can hold up a conversation. They ask if you have apple devices and I had none

Interview Questions

• Tell me about how you would handle someone who is upset about their phone breaking   1 Answer

NPI Operations Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA).

Interview

1 phone screen with Recruiter
    2 phone interviews with hiring managers of 2 different teams
    Went onsite and met 8 diff. people
    Had a final phone interview with Director

Overall interview process was not too bad, but I did not get a good feel of the company culture from the tone of the interview. It seemed very clear that the expectation is to give up one's life and just spend all the time at work. Not a good fit for me

Interview Questions

• What do I enjoy about the role?
      Career plans? Where do I see myself 3-4 years from now?
      Expectations from the role (working hours/work life balance)
      Comfortable with travel
      Why Apple?   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

Met the interviewer at a campus fair and gave him a copy of my resume. The interview was done over a phone. 30 minutes, several technical questions. There were some questions on past projects and resume material as well, if I remember correctly.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Apple.

Interview

One on one with the manager. It was more to see if there was a culture fit. They did not ask, behavior questions, but more of what excites me as a person. The overall interview was very laid back and felt more like a conversation.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Apple (Cupertino, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

An Apple recruiter reached out to me, we spoke the next day, she invited me onsite to meet the team after chatting for 10 minutes.

The interviewer never explained the position and only gave vague answers to my questions regarding team culture, metrics for success, and the ideal level of experience for the role. Only a few questions were asked before I was invited onsite, definitely just looking for a personality fit. I have no idea what to expect for a team/work environment, or the expectations for someone filling this role. Yes, Apple is prestigious, but having no recruiting pitch means candidates are walking in blind.

Software QA Interview

Interview

Was contacted by recruiter then two phone interviews. Interviews were heavily loaded with coding and looks like a developer interview.
    One need to be perfect. coded all questions correctly for both interviews as there were multiple questions per interview and was vocal during the interview engaging interviewer throughout in thought process I was following and both interviewers agreed to the results produced during interview but then after a delay of few days heard from recruiter that they are not continuing with interview process anymore which is totally confusing. This maybe because they must have already decided whom to hire and were just fulfilling paper needs which I heard from other folks too which were interviewed in Apple in the past. Total waste of time and effort.