Apple - Good company to work for, but keep in mind that it *is* Apple. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Apple

"Good company to work for, but keep in mind that it *is* Apple."

Current Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store) in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store) in San Diego, CA

Pros

The culture of the company is one of the best I've ever experienced. From the basic understanding that if you do something there's probably a good reason for it to the whole team-integration, there's no fear that there is going to be backstabbing or infighting. The fairly clear paths for keeping a career is a nice touch as well. Even the little things, like the Wellness Program, really convey that the company cares about the employees and values them as a major asset and not a liability.

Cons

Apple is a very exclusive company to work for and they know it. The pay isn't as high as one could get elsewhere, and sometimes minor infractions, like talking about a possible upcoming product launch, are enough to get you dismissed. Also, while my training, expertise, and career path lie with either repair of computers or education of users, I'm stuck in a sales job until a manager determines that I've met some benchmark that seems, at this time, to be completely arbitrary.

Advice to Management

Recognize when an employee might feel like their current position isn't really providing the day-to-day challenge that will keep the work fun and interesting for an employee. Also eliminating some of the hoops that need to be jumped to get to a new position that one might wish to be in, especially if the employee is not especially well fit to their current position.

Other Employee Reviews for Apple

1. "Apple, Where You Can Truly Love Working At"

Former Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store) in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Mac Specialist (Apple Store) in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

You can enjoy working there because its a great product, great people to work with, and great management. You can sincerely believe in the place that your working at and really love it. It's a really chill place to work, where you can be yourself, and really develop your talents and skills.

Cons

There are not too many downsides. When inventory runs out on hot items (e.g. iPhones or Macbook Airs), explaining that they are out of stock or that other stocks don't have them is sometimes challenging to explain. Even when the weekend crowds get busy, it still is enjoyable because of the overall vibe and atmosphere of the store and the crowd. Everyone is excited about Apple and the new products.

Advice to Management

Apple is a great place to work. Great products, great coworkers, and great management. This has really made a big difference from other jobs. The coworkers are in general very chill but the management has been great too at Apple at well. I loved working there.

"Apple is the best company I've ever worked for."

Current Employee - Education Customer Support Representative in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Education Customer Support Representative in Austin, TX

Pros

Honestly, they're the best company I've ever worked for. Management is both competent and efficient, and communication is fantastic, as well as a sense of doing constant good for the company and our customers.

Cons

The schedules swap every 2 months, so you can't plan too much in advance, and sometimes you get phone skilled into departments you have some knowledge in, but not as much as you'd prefer to have when providing the customers support

Advice to Management

Maybe make the schedule times a little longer, or have our support group here for our job, not to cover other departments.