Avantguard Monitoring - Caring Management | Glassdoor
  1. "Caring Management"

Former Employee - Team Coach in Ogden, UT

I worked at Avantguard Monitoring full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I worked here for three and a half years and am very grateful for the experience. Any employee who says that Avantguard doesn't care about their employees hasn't worked closely with the upper management. At most of my past jobs I never even knew the CEO but I have ran into Josh Garner out of state where he has ran across the parking lot to say hi and ask about my family by name. He truly does care. It is a very... successful company that is growing quickly. The company had doubled in size while I was there which had effected the culture a little bit but overall it is not your typical company where you show up just for a paycheck. You are truly making a difference working here and can feel good about yourself when you leave your job each day.

Cons

Being an operator can become monotonous over time.

Advice to Management

The only complaint I have is that Avantguard has been starting to hire management like the rest of the world the last couple of years. When Avantguard starts valuing degrees over quality of people it will lose what has made it special this whole time and will become like any other company. Some of my favorite and most beneficial leaders at Avantguard did not have degrees and some of my least favorite were very... qualified on paper (half of which ended up getting let go and I could have called it from day 1). Hire for culture first, and don't be afraid to hire internally. Not having middle management who will carry the culture from Josh to the operators is hurting the morale in central.

Avantguard Monitoring2018-12-06

Other Employee Reviews

1. "awful with time off and medical emergencies"

Current Employee - Alarm Technician in Rexburg, ID

I have been working at Avantguard Monitoring part-time for more than a year

Pros

great pay for the area, and flexible with school schedule

Cons

Horrific at being empathetic of medical situations.

Avantguard Monitoring2019-06-10
  2. "Purposeful Work"

I have been working at Avantguard Monitoring full-time for more than a year

Pros

Getting paid to help such a good cause is unbeatable. Protecting lives and property is a great thing to be part of. The work environment is fun and the people are really what makes AvantGuard a desirable place to work!

Cons

Nothing out of the ordinary. Work can be monotonous at times but they do a good job of having fun to mix it up!

Avantguard Monitoring2019-05-28

Discover more reviews about Avantguard Monitoring.