KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

On the wrong side of a one-sided tradeoff

Jul 22, 2020 - Software Developer in Madison, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Epic pays fairly well for a non-NYC/SF software firm, and the health insurance is the best you'll find anywhere. The fringe benefits (delicious lunch, great campus, etc.) are solid, too. I think that, for the most part (and despite my complaints on other matters later in this review), Epic genuinely does good by its customers/clients in terms of helping them improve healthcare delivery.

Cons

Epic has systematically quashed all internal avenues for giving meaningful feedback regarding policies that affect the conditions of employment during the COVID-19 pandemic. Epic has then gone on to make decisions about work-from-home that are seemingly to the benefit of nobody, with the possible exception of a small cabal in uppermost management who are apparently allergic to the idea of people not physically being on campus. At the most recent all-hands (staff) meeting, Epic then stood up a stooge to talk about how the pandemic isn't really that bad and working from the office is totally going to be hunky-dory. This will inevitably prove injurious to the health of Epic's employees and the larger community in which we all live. The marginal benefit of forcing everybody to return to the office (currently planned for September, with no signs that this is going to change) cannot possibly be worth the marginal health risks incurred (to say nothing of the discontent being fomented among unhappy employees). I could levy various complaints about our tech stack (long story short, it is a nightmare, albeit less so now than when I started), but these frankly pale compared to the utter horror show that has been the company's mismanagement in the face of the pandemic.

Continue reading
    72 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Transfer review

Jun 27, 2022 - Software Developer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Salary, autonomy, ability to change the industry, many opportunities for technical vs project management work

Cons

As the company has gotten bigger it is hard to do development faster and get products out to the customer.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Used to be great, disappointed in COVID response

Jun 16, 2020 - Implementation Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Autonomy, independence, culinary, cool campus

Cons

Blackbox management, upper management is out of touch

Continue reading
    416 people found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Epic.

Epic Photos

+ Add Photo
Epic photo of: Making advancements in mobile health IT
Epic photo of: Epic Culinary team prepping food for the Epicnic 2018.
Epic photo of: Madison has been consistently ranked one on the top US cities for biking. At Epic we offer on campus showers and bikes racks to accommodate our bike-loving commuters.
Epic photo of: Great spaces for a bit of relaxation
Epic photo of: Customers gathering at Epic's campus for the annual User's Group Meeting
Epic photo of: Everyone works from shared or individual offices
Epic photo of: Epic