KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Epic Interview Questions

Updated Sep 30, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 5,555 of over 5.6K interviews

Recruiter14%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Epic

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic

Interview

Phone screen (30 mins) > online test (3 hours) > final interview (3 hours) You can find all the questions you need to succeed by looking through Glassdoor. I scraped through hundreds of the interviews here and no question I was asked wasn't here, so study up and prep your answers. Phone screen is easy, but the test was honestly really difficult and determines your fate. Lots of logic, pseudo-coding, math, and English grammar skills. The final day is a few rounds but at this point, maybe half will get an offer (software demo, PM role overview, case study, presentation, wrap-up with recruiter). Come prepared, speak about something you know well for your presentation, and you'll be fine.

Interview Questions
  • General * Tell me about yourself. * Name 5 things you are not. * What are traits you think make a successful leader? * What is the most interesting thing you ever did? * Are you more of a big picture or details person? * What would you bring to this job that you feel others may not? * What is the best advice you would give to yourself five years ago? * If I spoke with your references, what would they tell me about you? * Describe your ideal supervisor. * How much do you participate in meetings percentage wise? * What is a misconception people have about you? * What is the most important trait in order to be successful? About Epic * Why Epic? * Where do you see healthcare in the next 20 years? * If given multiple job offers, what would be the determining factor in your choice? Work Experience * Tell us about a situation in which you took charge of a team. * Think of a time when you were in-charge and the decision you made turned out to be the wrong decision. How did you handle it? * Describe a time when you may have encountered a difficult situation and the steps you took to ensure resolution. * What type of projects have you done? * What was the most difficult project you had to complete? * Give an example of a time you showed initiative? * What is an example of a problem you solved? * Tell me about a time you were criticized. How did you work on this? Hypothetical Situations * Scenario: There is a decision to be made for a client in which there are four team members and one team leader. Everyone has the same experience and seniority. All four team members think that one action should be taken, and the team leader wants to do something else. The team members believe that what the leader wants to do will waste time and money for the client. * Two situations: one where you are the team leader and one where you are one of the four others. What do you do as each in this scenario? * Scenario: You have a go-live in a week but the physicians are not getting the advanced features they want and are threatening to quit if they do not get these advanced features. How do you solve the problem? * Scenario: How would you handle a situation where a client is about to Go Live with the product and tells you there is another hospital that the software is not created or tested for and hospital personnel are not trained? * How would you handle a conflict or disagreement with somebody on your team? * What would you do in a situation where you are a leader and you make a decision your team doesn't agree with? * What would you do if you disagree with your leader's decision? * If there was someone on your team who was chronically underperforming, how would you handle it? * You're in a group with three other employees, and you think you should solve a problem a certain way, but the three other group members think that the problem should be solved another way. You're certain you're correct. How do you proceed? * What would you do if a customer expressed a problem with one of your team members? * Would you rather speak in front of 30 strangers, 6 colleagues you know kind of well, or 1 person of authority? Why? * Which of the following would be the most difficult to present to: the CEO of a company, a group of 5-8 people who are pretty educated on what you're about to present on, or a group of 50 that have no background knowledge on the information you're presenting?
    Answer Question
195 people found this interview helpful

Epic

Application

I interviewed at Epic

Interview

1) Rembrandt portrait personality test 2) 4 hour proctored technical assessment covering quick arithmetic, arithmetic in a more relaxed environment, the ability to learn a new made-up language, and 4 programming questions 3) Virtual on-site with a company overview, role overview, a whiteboard interview (given the choice of designing a UI, backend, or an OOP question), and an HR interview

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Epic

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Epic

Application

I interviewed at Epic

Interview

I received a phone call for an initial screening and it lasted about 30 minutes. It was a pleasant exchange with a senior software developer at Epic. My interviewer gave me opportunities to brag about myself and my projects which was great. There were no technical questions but make sure to show that you at least know some of their tech stack.

Interview Questions
  • I was asked to describe the project that meant the most to me.

Epic

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic

Interview

30 minute phone screen with manager followed by online assessment through Examity. Online assessment was long and tedious with math, logic, and programming questions. Didn’t make it through to the next stage for some reason.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Epic

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic

Interview

I had to give a situational assessment then a coding assessment then a final interview. Met with multiple people in the final interview. This was a pretty fast process. Offer came within a week after final interview

Interview Questions
  • I was asked to describe how I would solve a problem and to talk it out during the final interview.

Epic

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Epic

Interview

Phone interview which lasted about 30 minutes.and then technical assessment which lasted 3 and a half hours. Math and coding as well as logic problemsIt was a good time but didn't end up getting the position.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Epic

Application

I interviewed at Epic

Interview

Apply for the job where choose your position Assessments in Examity Epic Phone Interview so you can schedule with the HR, and the availability is plenty Wait for the result now

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Epic (Iowa City, IA)

Interview

I applied online, then scheduled a call to talk to an engineer about the company for any questions I had for it, very casual. Had to take a proctored online exam that was about 4 hours with some very threatening terms if you agree to take it and fail to withhold their terms while you take the exam.

Interview Questions
  • For the online exam, there were 4 sections. IQ exam that lasts a few minutes and requires you to answer as many as possible. Math exam wasn't completely math as there were irrelevant word puzzles (if an apple is 40 cents, how much is a banana). There was an exam based around a programming language they use that went over what were some of the functionalities before throwing you into a question asking what is the expected output. 4 leetcode problems you had to code on a default HTML textbox.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Epic (Verona, WI) in Sep 2022

Interview

1. Submitted Application 2. Skills Assessment (Light Programming, Logic, Reading Comp.) 3. Invite to second programming focused skills assessment (4 easy - medium level coding questions) 4. Final Interview - 3 1/2 hrs -Company Overview -Role Overview -Position Interview (HR questions with someone in role) -Recruiter Interview (More HR/logistic stuff) Long story short - I spent a really long time interviewing for this role and received no feedback with the rejection. It took a lot of time out of my life and caused a lot of stress so I would not recommend applying to this role unless you have a lot of free time to complete the interview process and are OK with the potential of rejection after a 10 hour time investment.

Interview Questions
  • What are 5 things you're not Why Epic Tell me about two times you showed initiative How would you bring someone around to your way of thinking about an issue

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epic (Madison, WI) in Sep 2022

Interview

Originally applied for a different position before being recommended to apply for the TSE position. Did phone interview and took Epic assessment. Was told to apply for a different position. Wish that they would either just reject me or move to next round.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 5,555 Interviews

Epic Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Epic as 61.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.94 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Software Engineer and Software Developer rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Project Manager and Project Manager/Implementation Consultant roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Epic takes an average of 25 days when considering 5,949 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Project Manager had the quickest hiring process (on average 21 days), whereas Technical Services roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 29 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Epic according to 5,949 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 25.62%

Work at Epic? Share Your Experiences

Epic logo

Epic Careers

Cover image for Epic

The work you’ll do saves lives. Epic employees work hard every day to create and install software that improves the wellbeing of millions...More

• Join Our Team
  • Paid Sabbatical
  • Interviewing
  • Culture

Company Updates

9 days ago

Roughly 76% of cancer patients want to be involved in a clinical trial, but only 3% actually enroll. Our new Life Sciences program aims to help providers and industry sponsors solve problems like this. "The Life Sciences program will create a unified research infrastructure that connects these patients and providers with study sponsors, allowing all research sites to work together more effectively and to conduct more representative studies," said Seth Howard, vice president of research and development at Epic. "Ultimately, the goal is to democratize trials by creating new pathways for organizations and patients not previously involved in clinical research to participate.” Read more from Becker’s:
Shared image - Epic adds life sciences program as part of national IT infrastructure
Epic adds life sciences program as part of national IT infrastructure
www.beckershospitalreview.com

16 days ago

Culture
You never know what you might find when you visit campus. Tucked between our offices and courtyards, our hobbit hole and dragons lair, you can find the studio of Manabu Ikeda—our artist-in-residence since 2018. Manabu is currently at work on a six-panel, 10’ x 19’ project that he began in 2018. In Manabu’s words: “…Although the theme of the work is about the sea, I depict an imaginary world, incorporating not only elements such as waves and the surface of the ocean, but also clouds and sky as well…The process is more about piling up details one step at a time than progressing as a whole. What could have been finished with a single brush stroke is instead worked with precise and extremely slow production speed, but this allows ideas to grow from the expression of just a small part and transforms into a larger form.” Read more in the Verona Press:
Shared image - Epic's artist-in-residence invites public to open studio hours: Piece in the works since 2018 can be viewed in-progress
www.veronapress.com

Epic Photos

+ Add Photo
Epic photo of: Making advancements in mobile health IT
Epic photo of: Epic Culinary team prepping food for the Epicnic 2018.
Epic photo of: Madison has been consistently ranked one on the top US cities for biking. At Epic we offer on campus showers and bikes racks to accommodate our bike-loving commuters.
Epic photo of: Great spaces for a bit of relaxation
Epic photo of: Customers gathering at Epic's campus for the annual User's Group Meeting
Epic photo of: Everyone works from shared or individual offices
Epic photo of: Epic