Epic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 13, 2018
3,738 Interview Reviews

2.9

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic.

Interview

HR Response Time: 3 days from initial application.

Phone Interview: HR gave me a week-long period in which to schedule the interview. The interviewer asked very basic questions (Why Epic; Tell me about X item on your resume; etc.). She also asked if I had taken time off between high school and college. This could be an unusual question for people who have been in the workforce for a substantial amount of time so this is just a heads-up. The interviewer told me that I passed the interview and will be continuing to the skills assessment/personality test at the end of the interview.

Skills Assessment: I received the email to schedule the exam the next day. They ask that you schedule the exam within 24 hours of the initial email and complete the exam within a week. You cannot really study for the test, but doing some GRE/SAT warm ups would not hurt. There is a section about programming on the test for every position. You will not escape this section even if the position has nothing to do with the actual software.

Personality Test: You can try to game it if you want to but be cautious. There are enough questions that any discrepancies will probably show up.

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic in July 2014.

Interview

Received an email after submitting my online application and resume asking when would be a good time to set up a 30 minute phone interview. Phone interview went great, but afterwards I was scheduled to take a series of online assessments which had nothing to do with the job that I was applying for. I did poorly and never heard from Epic again.

Interview Questions

• If a man buys 233 yet only spends $3, what did the man buy?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic (Verona, WI).

Interview

I was contacted by Epic through email saying that they found my resume online and encouraging me to apply for two open positions. I decided to apply for the Corporate Recruiter job and submitted my resume and a cover letter. They emailed back to schedule a phone interview. Each step took approximately a week (so one week for them to schedule an interview after I applied, one week to email back after the phone interview).

Interview Questions

• The interview was straight-forward, and the interviewer was pleasant and friendly. There were not any particularly difficult questions for the phone interview. She laid out the format of the interview, asked me about my resume, then described the position and left time for me to ask questions. All in all, it was about a 30-40 minute conversation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epic (Madison, WI) in February 2012.

Interview

The process is very streamlined as they interview TONS of people. Like most people have said, first comes a personality test, then a phone interview, more tests, and an onsite interview consisting of one on one interviews (I had four seperate ones) and also a presentation that you prepare before you come. The onsite interview day was very long and exhausting (I was there for over 8 hours) and you talk to many different employees. When you are there they try to make you feel like an individual but there are so many recruits there it is hard to believe anybody gets hired. Overall, I think it was a great experience, but the company does seem kind of cultish and has a culture almost like a college or university.

Interview Questions

• Name five things you are not.   Answer Question
    • The company needs to have all the windows washed and you have one minute to come up with an estimate for the cost. How would you go about doing this?   Answer Question

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Epic.

Interview

Applied online and received an e-mail a week later requesting a phone screening. The phone screenings was pretty simple they ask you some questions about your resume why you want the job and when you would be available to start. After the phone screening they will e-mail you about taking their online tests. One is personality and you can take on your own time the other is a logic test which you need to schedule with a proctor. I thought the test was pretty hard and I a lot of what I thought would be on there wasn't. Basically, don't stress about trying to prep because it'll just be a waste of brain power. If anything review some programming terms and get a good nights sleep before the exam so you're clear headed. About two weeks after I too the exam I got an e-mail telling me they were going to pursue other candidates so I'm pretty sure I flunked the exam.

Interview Questions

• What made you choose to go to *insert college you went to* ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic (Madison, WI) in June 2015.

Interview

I sent my applications in, talked with a recruiter took a 2 hour long test then they email me a rejection letter one week later. The test was programming, math, English and logic. It wasn't terribly difficult, but should be taken more seriously than I did. You can look up many of the test questions online before taking the test and you should be just fine. They also have you take a personality test. Answer based on team building, self awareness and leadership.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epic (Madison, WI) in April 2015.

Interview

First was a simple phone interview where they go over your resume with you and ask for details. Then they describe the job and allow you to ask questions. You then get invited to take the Rembrandt Personality Profile which is a short survey of unrelated responses in which you choose "which is most like you". Then you may be asked to take a 4 part test with a proctor from your personal laptop. This is the hard part; it includes Math, Logic, Coding and Reading Comprehension. Then after a week they may email you with either a request to come to campus for an interview or a rejection email.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Epic (Madison, WI) in May 2015.

Interview

I did a 30 min phone interview, then the online test.

Online test goes like this:
    part 1 - 2 min to answer as many questions as you can = go fast
    part 2 - math = easy
    part 3 - reading and grammar = google 'grammar quiz', take a few to be well prepared
    part 4 - programming = I had no idea what I was going, and I bombed it

I didn't get past the test

Corporate Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Epic (Madison, WI).

Interview

The process began with a phone interview with a staff member unaffiliated with the position targeted in my application. They then brought me out to Madison for an on-site interview. I met with HR twice during the day and had an informational session with a current trainer. I also had two skills based interviews with two senior trainers. Finally, they ask you to give a mock lesson to a room of current staff members.

Interview Questions

• About a reference: What would she say are two of your strengths? Two of your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Corporate Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Epic (Madison, WI) in September 2012.

Interview

First, I filled out the online application and personality test. Then came a phone interview, followed by a computer-based verbal, math, and logic test. The test was administered at my local public library and was quite analogous to the SAT, though there was a section testing comprehension of coding logic at the end.