Facebook - The greatest place ever | Glassdoor
Pros
  • "Great work-life balance (this depends on teams)" (in 107 reviews)

• "Amazing benefits for Full Time Employees including free food, stipends for gym memberships & free dry cleaning" (in 288 reviews)

Cons

Employee Review

Employee Review

"The greatest place ever"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been blown away by how incredible this company is. From its openness to its diversity, Facebook has truly surpassed all tech companies in terms of culture, perks, and employee lifestyle. As a software engineer, I've learned, grown, and made an incredible impact in just a few months.

Cons

I seriously can't think of a single negative thing about Facebook. I couldn't see myself working at any other company.

Advice to Management

Micromanagement doesn't exist. I get credit for what I do, and there's a pretty clear understanding of my role and room for growth.

Facebook Response

Oct 2, 2016 – Your Friends at Facebook

Thank you for sharing your Facebook experience. It's great to hear that you feel challenged, energized and recognized for the work that you do!

Other Employee Reviews

Other Employee Reviews

"Love it!"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Moves fast.
    Work with smart people.
    Very less politics.
    Open culture.
    High bar for candidates even as company as grown.

Cons

Moves too fast for some of the teams that should be doing more research.

Facebook Response

Sep 20, 2016 – Your Friends at Facebook

Thanks for your review. We're so glad you love working at Facebook :) Move fast, be bold, focus on impact, build social value, be open -- these values drive how we work. We are happy you see that... More

"A Once Amazing Culture is Slipping Away"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Menlo Park, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook (More than 5 years)

Pros

Amazing amount of perks - food, a truly "frictionless" IT department, etc. The benefits package is the best I've ever seen and gets re-examined every year to adapt to the changing company population. Facebook, the company, is amazing. What the company is doing to connect the world is something that is truly astonishing and amazing. Being able to work for an employer that is changing the world before our eyes is something not many people will ever get the chance to say they were a part of!

Cons

The culture of some of the departments is slipping away faster than most people would like to admit. The company is becoming more and more "corporate" with more politics settling in. This ranges from managers hiring friends and old colleagues, completely bypassing our interview process, to putting "policies" in place against company culture that puts unnecessary roadblocks in place, slowing down productivity. The company is growing, which can be appreciated, but the amount of emphasis that is being put on us that we need to move to being "more corporate" is completely against what the company was built on.

Advice to Management

TRUST your employees. A little bit of trust goes a long way. This isn't the government or a large corporation - this is Facebook - a once choice employer who is getting eroded by managers doing their best to build an empire and put as many layers of insulation between them and their lowest ranking employees.

Discover more reviews about Facebook.