Facebook - Fun place to work but can be stressful | Glassdoor
Discover more reviews from Facebook.

"Fun place to work but can be stressful"

Former Intern - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA
Former Intern - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA

I worked at Facebook as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing perks (free food, snacks, transportation, housing (own bedroom and bathroom!), as well as completely paid for intern events on the weekends

Cons

Difficult to switch teams and try other options as an intern. I chose backend on the initial interest survey and couldn't switch to full stack after I began, which ultimately led to a lot of difficulty. My team excluding my manager also all worked remotely, which made getting help very hard.

Other Employee Reviews for Facebook

"Media Operations Contractor"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Facebook as a contractor

Pros

You get exposure to working at a big tech corporation. Free food; breakfast, lunch and dinner. The food here is delicious, definitely spoiled. Snacks on snacks on snacks. Feels like a college campus except you're working a job now.

Cons

Status is a contractor. And as a contractor, you don't feel as valued in terms of career development and company benefits. Nevertheless, it is a job and you are working at Facebook which gives you access to some great benefits, just not the same as Full time employee.

Advice to Management

These contract jobs exist because there is a need for them. A lot of contractor jobs are mundane and grinding. Managers of contractors should work on the morale of the contractors.

2. "Software Engineer"

Pros

Some of the best people to work with. Smart minds, fast execution and fun to talk to. Lots of new technologies to learn

Cons

Starting to see some lack of transparency nowadays as company scales. Engineers are sometimes spoiled and argue on small stuffs all the time