1. "Fun place to work but can be stressful"

4.0
    Former Intern - Software Engineer in Menlo Park, CA

I worked at Facebook for less than a year

Pros

Amazing perks (free food, snacks, transportation, housing (own bedroom and bathroom!), as well as completely paid for intern events on the weekends

Cons

Difficult to switch teams and try other options as an intern. I chose backend on the initial interest survey and couldn't switch to full stack after I began, which ultimately led to a lot of difficulty. My team excluding my manager also all worked remotely, which made getting help very hard.

1. "Cushy SWE Job"

5.0
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA

I worked at Facebook full-time

Pros

Great salary, benefits, people, etc.

Cons

The work can feel meaningless.

"Fast paced company with high expectations, but incredibly fair. You won't a place that cares more about it's people."

5.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Incredible benefits - Excellent compensation that rewards strong performance - Lots of autonomy - Tons of room for growth - Very transparent from the top down - Strong leadership - Intelligent and caring colleagues - The most fair and well thought out review process you will find everywhere - Exciting work

Cons

- If you don't learn to make the work life balance work for you, it can be exhausting. But you'll also be given lots of support with this if you ask for it. - It doesn't matter how good you are at your job, chances are you're going to be surrounded by a ton of other people who are just as good if not better. Imposter syndrome is real, but if you got an offer, you probably belong here too.

Continue reading

Facebook Response

Director, Global Recruiting Programs and Operations

Thank you for the feedback. From the Life@ benefits and conveniences to the many employee affinity and advice groups, we are all here to support you. If you need additional help, please reach out to your HR Business Partner.

Discover more reviews about Facebook.