Facebook - Still a great place to work | Glassdoor

"Still a great place to work"

Current Employee - Content Strategist in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time for less than a year

Pros

Responsive management, transparent pay scales, autonomy, big investments in training and growth opportunities, excellent facilities team, great support staff, collaboration and consensus culture baked in.

Cons

Sloppy internal tools, quip, buggy calendars

Advice to Management

Professionalize our metrics, impact reporting, and project stack ranking. It’s weord that we can’t trace projects that improve useability to operating costs.

Facebook2019-01-29
  1. "One of the best tech company to work on"

Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Facebook full-time

Pros

Free food/snacks/drinks. Flexible work hours. Nicely paid.

Cons

I'm not sure if there is any

Facebook2019-10-23

"Fast paced company with high expectations, but incredibly fair. You won't a place that cares more about it's people."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Menlo Park, CA

I have been working at Facebook full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Incredible benefits - Excellent compensation that rewards strong performance - Lots of autonomy - Tons of room for growth - Very transparent from the top down - Strong leadership - Intelligent and caring colleagues - The most fair and well thought out review process you will find everywhere - Exciting work

Cons

- If you don't learn to make the work life balance work for you, it can be exhausting. But you'll also be given lots of support with this if you ask for it. - It doesn't matter how good you are at your job, chances are you're going to be surrounded by a ton of other people who are just as good if not better. Imposter syndrome is real, but if you got an offer, you probably belong here too.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing, keep an eye on employee burnout, keep supporting your people and keep pushing them, and the rest of the world, forward.

Facebook2017-02-17

Facebook Response

April 17, 2017Director, Global Recruiting Programs and Operations

Thank you for the feedback. From the Life@ benefits and conveniences to the many employee affinity and advice groups, we are all here to support you. If you need additional help, please reach out to your HR Business Partner.

Discover more reviews about Facebook.