Glassdoor Alert: Attempt to Inflate Reviews

We have evidence that someone has taken steps to artificially inflate the rating for this employer in violation of our Community Guidelines. We have addressed the issue. Please exercise your best judgment when evaluating this employer. Learn more about Glassdoor Alerts.

Cover image for Family First Life

Former Employee, less than 1 year

Stay away! It’s a scam!

Jan 20, 2020 - Life Insurance Agent in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you get into this business, you’ll be learning a major life lesson, and hopefully become smarter when you get out.

Cons

Scam! Insurance Agents are led to invest lots of money and made believe they’ll get a lot of money in return. The reality is that this whole system is nothing but a cult - the people that have their agencies are making money off of you. The lead campaigns are misleading, and many people will think they’re being offered government assistance, and won’t realize you’re just selling life insurance until you’re inside their homes.

Continue reading
    112 people found this review helpful

Family First Life Response

National Sales Director

This couldn't be further from the truth, we do not "lead" anyone to "invest lots of money" in anything. We are a lead based company, there are at least a dozen different lead vendors that our agents get discounts through because of our volume which allows the agents to have a lead program for any budget. Some agents spend a lot on leads while others spend very little. We also help make sure the agent is profitable regardless of what type of lead program they are utilizing. Nobody makes money off of any agent, FFL's hierarchy structure is standard to the way this industry operates every agent has the ability to hire other agents and the insurance carriers will pay an override based on what the agents sell. This override does not affect the agent writing the policy at all. That being said this industry is not for everyone and unfortunately at times when people don't have the success that they were not willing to work for the blame tends to be pointed towards the company even though we have hundreds of agents that issued over six figures in 2019.

1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great place

Dec 6, 2022 - Agent
    Business Outlook

Pros

There is high compensation for agents

Cons

Some leads can get expensive

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Do not waste your time.

Dec 1, 2022 - Licensed Insurance Agent
    Business Outlook

Pros

The pros include being able to work for yourself.

Cons

Tons of cons. Not only is there minimal training, the agency I was apart of, decided to sue me after I left the company. This is because they claim I was not making payments on the debts, when I was. They claim I owe them over $6,000 due immediately, while I have arrangements with the insurance companies to make monthly payments. They are threatening to garnish my wages and then make me pay legal fees. Not only does the suit claim I need to pay FFL directly now (not the insurance companies who have agreed to my payment plan), but I will also need to pay legal fees. As a college student who has been with multiple insurance companies, I feel attacked and taken advantage of by my former upline. Whatever you do, don’t work at FFL unless you have 100% net to gross and retention. They will come at you regardless of any personal relationships or prior agreements made. As I’m writing this review I was also alerted by Glassdoor that they are inflating their reviews through fake reviews. Head my words of caution.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Family First Life.

Family First Life Photos