Glassdoor Alert: Attempt to Inflate Reviews

We have evidence that someone has taken steps to artificially inflate the rating for this employer in violation of our Community Guidelines. We have addressed the issue. Please exercise your best judgment when evaluating this employer. Learn more about Glassdoor Alerts.

KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Family First Life Reviews

Updated May 18, 2022

Found 1,534 of over 1,688 reviews

4.4
Family First Life President Shawn Meaike (no image)
Shawn Meaike
1,112 Ratings

What people are saying about Family First Life

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Training is free and comprehensive!(in 282 reviews)
  • "Highest compensation in the industry(in 90 reviews)
  • "Commission is high!(in 50 reviews)
  • "Great people in the leadership roles within the company who genuinely care about the agents and the clients.(in 47 reviews)
  • "I now make more money than ever before and consider the people I do it with family.(in 47 reviews)
Cons
  • "Dialing the phones is not my favorite :( Long hours (if you want to be successful).(in 9 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Family First Life and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0

Telesales

May 16, 2022 - Licensed Field Underwriter
    Business Outlook

Pros

Love being able to work from home and my own schedule. Great commission levels and training. they provide all the resources to be successful. Great place to start your own business

Cons

lead system may be difficult for 1099 first timers

2. 5.0

Job for serious entreprenuers

May 10, 2022 - Producer
    Business Outlook

Pros

-High earning potential -Can build an organization. -Watch people's lives change - Help families whose loved ones passed. - Top-notch training

Cons

- Chargebacks but all businesses have chargebacks of some sort. - 30 % of business falls off but that is told to you if you actually watch the training videos.

3. 2.0

chargebacks

Apr 26, 2022 - Licensed Life Insurance Agent in Port St Lucie, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

People you see are great. Nice to help people with financial security. The training is endless.

Cons

No one tells you how bad the chargebacks can be. In order to even out your chargebacks, you have to work 24/7. They sell "part time" is easy and you can make $20,000 a month doing part time. They don't tell you that a lot of that will end up in chargebacks or how much you have spend on leads. They only focus on what and agent WROTE That month. They could of written $50,000 in business but they include all applications. A lot of those won't be approved, a lot will be chargebacks and you are spending A LOT of money on leads to make that money. The company focus's a lot more on HIRING AGENTS because they lose people so fast once they realize the chargeback situation. Hiring agents non stop is the only way the people at the top are making money. Also NO ONE tells you that if you get chargebacks you can't afford, your upline has to pay it. If you hire agents and they can't payback a big chargeback, you are responsible to the company for that money VERY DECEPTIVE

11 people found this review helpful
  4. 4.0

Pros and Cons

May 16, 2022 - Independent Life Insurance Broker
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great opportunity to become financially free if you are in the correct territory. There are many people that are having success in the company that you can reach out to in order to get advice. You are also able to control your own schedule and basically be your own boss.

Cons

If you are not in an area that has an office where you can get in person training you may struggle. I was in a state that didn't have an office which affected my initial growth. Also, if you are just starting out, having to invest 1000-1800 a week on leads can be frustrating. If I had an office where I could have gotten training initially I would have been a lot more successful.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee

Family First Life sales

May 11, 2022 - Life Insurance Agent
    Business Outlook

Pros

Training and leads, & A1 products.

Cons

Commission only Can feel like you are a lone wolf

6. 5.0

Great opportunity

May 16, 2022 - Licensed Insurance Agent in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

great comp lots of leads to choose from lots of support

Cons

must be willing to invest a lot of money to make top pay

7. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Run

Apr 28, 2022 - Insurance Agent in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

They will get you moving and selling fast. When all those americo chargebacks hit your going to need to uber to pay for leads.

Cons

Expensive leads. No mailers available. Uplines recruiting agent being barely profitable with less then a year in the business. Calling "exclusive" leads 12 hours over 500 calls only to be told they had 20 people reach them.

4 people found this review helpful
  8. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Greed

May 5, 2022 - Insurance Broker in Phoenix, AZ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Sales training is pretty good.

Cons

American greed has reached new heights. You’ll go in thinking wow what a great group of people working here, but in about 3-6 months you’ll find that almost all are just greedy and deceiving cons. The deception is on another level. For example if they didn’t inflate their reviews here they would maybe have 1/2 a star for the endless you tube sales training videos. But then again they use their sales training videos to mislead what a newbie sold and profited. Also, careful when you quit because your manager will call YOUR clients YOU paid for after 9 months and pitch a new product.

5 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0

Best Business Ever

May 6, 2022 - Insurance Agent
    Business Outlook

Pros

make your own schedule, high commission, several carriers, great resources. free training

Cons

self discipline, no boss, self scheduling, hard work lol

10. 2.0

Tread Carefully

Apr 3, 2022 - Insurance Agent, Broker, Field Underwriter
    Business Outlook

Pros

You get to work with outstanding Carriers and there are passionate and good people here!

Cons

Being passionate about life insurance and helping families is not enough. Leads are very expensive, the CRM/Cherry pick leads are recycled and close to worthless. I spent $50 on 8 cherry pick leads and was unable to even keep a conversation going long enough to hear an objection. I spent another $250 on far better leads outside the CRM and had some hope of a sale, but these all fell through and once I was porched. So between all my equipment, time, license, and leads I'm in about $2,000 and 40 hours and I haven't yet made a sit with a customer, I'm still trying so we'll see.

15 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,534 Reviews

Family First Life Reviews FAQs

Family First Life has an overall rating of 4.4 out of 5, based on over 1,688 reviews left anonymously by employees. 85% of employees would recommend working at Family First Life to a friend and 83% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -8% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Family First Life employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Family First Life. This rating has decreased by -7% over the last 12 months.

85% of Family First Life employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Family First Life 4.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.5 for culture and values and 4.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Family First Life to be senior leadership, benefits, career development and the cons to be management .

Popular Careers with Family First Life Job Seekers