Cover image for General Dynamics Information Technology

Former Employee

GDIT Should Never Have Purchased Vangent Holdings

Feb 14, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in Chester, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly co-workers Often bring in pizza or ice cream for all employees on very busy days Call center leadership is genuinely trying to do a good job in spite of the poor HR leadership

Cons

Nationwide, anyone who breathes will get hired - including criminals who have access to personal information of Medicare and Marketplace (Obamacare) customers. Nationwide, the company starts mass hirng for spike call center volume from May through November then turns right around and starts terminating people in January. Chester HR team ignores established protocol and makes its own rules.

3 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great job

Nov 29, 2022 - Principal Scientist
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've now been with GDIT for three years. Over that time, I have been supported in any reasonable efforts I made to identify and conduct new work. This is as close to investigator initiated research support that any scientist could expect outside academia. It's just the best job I have ever had.

Cons

The job is remote. It would be better if everyone--or nearly everyone--used their cameras during online meetings.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 3.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A little better than Mid.

Oct 5, 2022 - Service Desk Technician in El Paso, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

GDIT does have a pretty good time off system, for being a VA contractor. Pay was pretty alright. Was making closer to 17 dollars an hour, which is almost livable for the area.

Cons

The work is very annoying to deal with. This job is advertised as a position that affords you the opportunity to troubleshoot hardware/software issues, when in reality this position is nothing more than a glorified call center (should clarify, if you like that type on environment, then go for it), and there is no troubleshooting involved, it is just reading from a script. This position is basically non-stop calls, with about 15 seconds in between to get prepared. The work is not difficult, but I wanted to clarify that with whoever the potential employee is. The reason I left was due to the lack of internal promotion opportunities. When you are first hired, and you are done with your "nesting phase", you are subject to random quality evaluations (again, not anything out of the ordinary) and you are told "if you meet the quality evaluations, then you will be promoted to a new position in 6 months." After exceeding every quality evaluation, and taking additional steps to get more advanced technical certification on my own time, such as the CYSA+ and the Pentest+, all of my internal job applications would be denied, because the system (workday) auto denies an application if you do not have an active security, or Top Secret clearance.

1 person found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about General Dynamics Information Technology.

General Dynamics Information Technology Careers

Cover image for General Dynamics Information Technology

Opportunity Owned. We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects...More

• Our Culture
  • Our Values
  • Diversity & Inclusion
  • GDIT Cares

General Dynamics Information Technology Photos

+ Add Photo
General Dynamics Information Technology photo of: Four GDIT employees stand and talk in front of GDIT sign
General Dynamics Information Technology photo of: Four GDIT employees stand in a group to chat
General Dynamics Information Technology photo of: Four GDIT employees stand around a table
General Dynamics Information Technology photo of: Four GDIT employees talk amongst themselves outside
General Dynamics Information Technology photo of: Three GDIT employees talking and laughing
General Dynamics Information Technology photo of: GDIT employees gather at table
General Dynamics Information Technology photo of: GDIT employee in the office.

General Dynamics Information Technology Job Seekers Also Viewed