General Dynamics Information Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sort:
  1. Featured Interview

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Belvoir, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology (Fort Belvoir, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

I was contacted in early January asking if I was still interested in the research assistant position, and that the recruiter was pushing my resume forward to the hiring manager. I didn't hear back from GDIT until late February. They were surprised that I was still available and interested, and invited me for an interview the next day. I came in and met with multiple staff members - managers, doctors, HR, and research assistants and went over my research one step at a time, followed by questions about the position and my interest and abilities. It was very relaxed and everyone was extremely friendly! Afterwards they showed me around the building and asked if I had anymore questions before leaving. I was contacted the day after and offered a position.

Interview Questions

• Do you know where you want to be in 5-10 years?   3 Answers

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology (Arlington, VA) in September 2011.

Interview

The hiring process was very personal. I met directly with the person who would have been my manager, as well as her manager. Everyone was very honest and straightforward about the company's expectations, the skills required to do the job, the position responsibilities, the salary, etc. They were open to discussing compensation options as well. The interviewers asked specific questions regarding my experience doing exactly what I would be expected to do at General Dynamics, which was a true test of my knowledge and experience (rather than your typical "what's your biggest weakness" type questions). It was a refreshing interview, somewhat challenging, but it felt tailored to the position and the time spent answering direct questions seemed very worthwhile.

Interview Questions

• Walk us through the process from receipt of an RFP to signature of the contract.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about your experience operating in an audit-ready environment and the procedures in place to ensure compliance.   Answer Question

I originally accepted an offer, but my current company counter-offered a promotion to a position in a location that was more desirable.

Construction Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology (Tacoma, WA) in March 2013.

Interview

long and slow, hiring process, takes forever to get laptop and cell phone

Interview Questions

• No training was made available, had to set up new process, for managing work.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Market Lead had tears in his eyes,

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD

Interview

I had been contacted by a recruiter and asked to interview onsite at the Towson branch. Upon arrival I was asked for wait at the front area by the receptionist. Not a big deal but they did not offer a drink and my wait was over 25 minutes. I was taken to a small room with 3 people. All of them were very unfriendly from the start. They began to ask me questions from a sheet of paper and argued against every answer I gave. Even ones that were clearly correct the interviewers kept pressuring me about my answer. I could not figure out why they were so rude and condescending or what their agenda was. They would not look at me, only look at each other as if they were all getting a laugh out of bullying me. It was by far the worst interview I have had. I still remained professional the entire time and even sent a thank you letter. However, it has been over a month and they never wrote back or informed me about the job. I am sure I did not get the job, but most certainly would have declined.

Associate Designer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology in May 2013.

Interview

Review of professional experience. How your experience would apply to the current role?

Straight-forward and brief summary on the company and office environment.

Question portion towards the end. Questions were thoroughly answered.

Interview Questions

• What do you see yourelf in 5 years?

How did you hear about us?

Tell me a little about yourself?   Answer Question

Junior Network Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Detrick, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology (Fort Detrick, MD) in June 2013.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter for interview, 1st interview went great and they invited to me second interview which went well, they said I was up against one other person. Then I never heard back and went on the website to see that I was "no longer under consideration". They could at least contact you to let you know the outcome

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology (Fairfax, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for a job opening and the following week I was there for an interview. The recruiter said I was only meeting with 1 person when I was actually meeting with three who all came into the room at different times. We sat in the conference room while they drilled me with questions on SQL, GREP commands, and very vaguely based OOP questions. It was like walking into a lion's den. It was the worst interview experience of my life 60% because I sucked 40% because they sucked. I felt extremely uncomfortable as soon as I stepped into the room.

Interview Questions

• What objects would you create if you were writing a code about a deck of cards?   1 Answer
    • What is an abstract class?   1 Answer

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

They contacted me through email and offered me an interview for a position and top secret clearance sponsorship. I responded and after one phone session providing basic information, I had a java prescreening exam. I did not pass this exam.

Interview Questions

• What are the benefits and negatives of using recursive programming?   Answer Question

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology (San Diego, CA) in April 2010.

Interview

Two-person panel that interviewed me. Seemed to focus on questions about Java and various Web Technologies. I've had harder interviews. No coding questions were asked of me nor others I spoke to at my site.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a overriding a method and overloading a method?   Answer Question
    • How would you implement a singleton?   Answer Question
    • Can you tell me the different types of databases? Difference between Relational and XML database?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation although in retrospect I probably could have. Seemed pretty rigid with their salary offer and hadn't even asked me a range before the offer.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology (Houston, TX) in October 2010.

Interview

Applied online. Got call from recruiter in about a week. Interview conducted by 2 individuals: one technical questions while the other was general. Kind of weird because the tech guy just sat there quietly staring while the other guy asked questions.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at General Dynamics Information Technology (Herndon, VA) in August 2011.

Interview

A recruiter first found me through Monster.

An email was dispatched to my inbox, and the details of the position were attached. I was interested in the opportunity and scheduled a phone call with the recruiter.

After a 45min overview talk of GD's policies, benefits, and team work environment I was asked to briefly go over my work history and the types of technologies and solutions I have worked with throughout the past years.

An in face interview was scheduled a few days afterwards, and I initially thought it was a 1:1 interview.
    I first met 3 random GD employees and each interviewed me for about 40-45min each.

Finished it off with meeting the initial phone recruiter in face for 30 minutes, before the standard procedure of exchanging questions and answers.

Waited another few days and a phone call came saying they were willing to give me an offer.

At that time I decided on accepting another offer so it was unfortunate I could not join GD.

Overall, a standard interviewing process and not too difficult if you know your material and if you are in general, an easy person to get along with.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 current problems facing the IT sector of General Dynamics?   Answer Question