Cover image for Harris Teeter

1. 1.0

Want to be treated poorly? Work for Harris Teeter

Jan 27, 2009 - Fresh Foods Clerk in Charlotte, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

They probably pay better than other local grocers. There are a lot of stores around so you can move every six months to another locale if not happy where you are at. They offer nice employee discounts, and pretty good benefits, although, after paying for all the benefits, your paycheck is left with very litte. Truly, it is difficult to come up with good reasons to work there. I needed a job to feed my family and that is the sole reason I worked there. It was certainly not because I felt valued as an employee; I felt used and abused.

Cons

Employees are treated very poorly. They are expected to give outstanding customer service to customers who are arrogant, rude and nasty while the managers treat the employees like worthless dung. You are never complimented for a job well done. In fact, I was told that managers were told in training not to compliment, because if you think you are doing a good job you will want more money! If a customer complains about you management will take their word over yours. I believe HT would be wise to learn some lessons from Wegmans in New York about how to treat employees. Overall it was the worst employment experience of my careeer. I am so happy to have moved elsewhere.

Continue reading
    12 people found this review helpful
  1. 5.0

Harris Teeter Barista

Dec 1, 2022 - Barista in Raleigh, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great environment, great people, loved the work flow

Cons

Small space behind the counter

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Former Employee

Good

Dec 2, 2022 - Cashier
    Business Outlook

Pros

friendly coworkers and flexible hours and weekly pay

Cons

the pay is ok but with rising costs can be challenging

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Harris Teeter.

Harris Teeter Photos

+ Add Photo
Harris Teeter photo of: Harris Teeter
Harris Teeter photo of: Harris Teeter
Harris Teeter photo of: Back Room
Harris Teeter photo of: harris teeter table
Harris Teeter photo of: front of harris teeter
Harris Teeter photo of: Starbucks
Harris Teeter photo of: Morning just before opening.

Harris Teeter Job Seekers Also Viewed