Harris Teeter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 18, 2018

1.9

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Durham, NC).

Interview

After completing the extensive online application, I was called for an interview within 48 hours. Turns out the job posting was deceiving, as it was mostly customer service with a few hours of bookkeeping. I ended up being over qualified for the position. However, the manager who interviewed me was so nice that it made me sad to not work for her.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Very unprofessional on the interviewers behalf. Not welknowledged about the company or prepared for the interview. Constantly on the phone. Could not remember the questions that they asked or your response

Interview Questions

• There was no difficult question because the interviewer was constantly on the phone   1 Answer

Barista - Starbucks Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Greensboro, NC) in December 2017.

Interview

I was called for an interview on a Monday to come in on a Friday. Interview process was easy. Don’t be nervous just be yourself. This is where I messed up. I believe I would have got a job offer if I didn’t let my nerves get the best me. Team member only receive part-time hours and since you would technically work for Harris Teeter there aren’t any benefits included.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Why should we hire you?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Harris Teeter in December 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was call in for an interview a few weeks later at the Florence, SC location. I was interviewed by the store manager and the front end specialist. She seemed nice and he was very transparent. They asked standard questions, such as past experience, whether I have ever held a supervisory role, and my attitude towards customer service. She asked most of the questions and he asked what was the difference between my old job and Harris Teeter. This question stumped me because I have worked for HT so I wouldn't know how they operate. He then squinted his face and I could he wasn't going to hire me. She explained the program and asked if I had any questions. While we were wrapping up, he started a conversation with someone else. When I called back a few days later to follow up, she was not available so they called him to the line. He picked up the phone and then hung it up. During the interview he indicated how much he hated when someone called him from his job for something minor. I guess my follow up call wasn't important enough. I don't believe I got that job. I'll update if anything changes.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between Harris Teeter customer service and your last job's customer service?   1 Answer

Fresh Foods Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clayton, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Clayton, NC).

Interview

I was called in a few times and I think it went very smoothly. When I was sick after I had the initial interview, the store manager called me to follow up!

Stock Clerk Interview

Interview

After filling out the application, was called in for an interview. After about a 20 minute interview I was offered the job on the spot and then told the training videos that I would have to watch and time between hire date and likely paycheck date.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Charleston, SC).

Interview

The interview was very easy. The manager only really asked about my availability. She was very friendly. She also wanted to make sure that I could provide great customer service and that was it.

Assistant Manager of Customer Service/Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Greensboro, NC) in November 2017.

Interview

Spoke with the customer service manager for about 30 minutes. It was very interesting talking to him and learning how the company works. I was asked to take a drug test and he said I'd hear something in a couple of days.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you'd be a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Assistant Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Charleston, SC) in October 2017.

Interview

Just basic questions.
    Why are you interested in the company as well as position applying for.
    What's your experience level for position applying for etc.
    What are your long term goals with company?

Interview Questions

• What are your long term goals with company   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashburn, VA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Harris Teeter (Ashburn, VA).

Interview

The workers there were helpful and guided to the office as well. just greet well to everyone and you will be good. The interviewer talked to the point and looks for an attention to detail employee