Employee Review

Current Employee, less than 1 year

Glass Door Review

Oct 19, 2020 - RN Clinical Abstraction Specialist in Indianapolis, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Leadership is transparent and wants to help you to succeed. I joined Health Catalyst as part of an acquisition and the company has been upfront and open about their vision from the first meeting. Benefits are very good and you can tell the company truly cares for their employees', as well as the employees family. As the company continues to grow and as we have dealt with the effect of COVID, Health Catalyst has been upfront about changes and has always welcomed feedback good or bad. Executive members have always taken the time to read concerns and truly explain why changes have or have-not been made.

Cons

As I am an RN with a clinical background, onboarding to a technical company has come with challenges. The orientation process did not include anything about my current position and expectations and next steps were not clear. The distribution of Health Catalyst IT equipment and log-in process to our data sites have also been frustrating at times, as instructions were not clear and software did not always work.

1 person found this review helpful

Health Catalyst Response

CEO

Thank you for this useful feedback, and it's great to be your teammate and colleague! I appreciate your thoughts about how we can improve the onboarding and orientation process with specific orientation for abstractors. We'll work on that, as well as on making the IT setup process as smooth and straightforward as possible. Best, Dan

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

This company lives by it's values and puts team members first!

May 14, 2021 - People Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

When I came over to Health Catalyst it was culture shock in the best possible way. From the very top to bottom most everyone at the company lives by the Health Catalyst values. In my experience, this company truly values it's team members and the leadership does their very best to culturally be female forward and progressive in recognizing and addressing the workplace and outside challenges minority groups are facing in today's world. Our CEO does not shy away from taking a clear stance on what he feels is the right and that's much appreciated. Health Catalyst promotes a culture of kindness, transparency, remaining humble, and assuming positive intent. And I've personally witnessed the leadership team doing everything they can to keep promises and stand by their word while maintaining the company's mission. There's never been more of a need for the work Health Catalyst does and I believe it truly makes a difference in our healthcare system. I consider myself fortunate to be a part of it.

Cons

The company is growing at an inorganic rate and while that's not a bad thing, it can certainly present challenges and growing pains. Achieving the mission can sometimes come with shared sacrifice.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Three years, lots of growth, lots of change, still want to stay

May 9, 2021 - Analytics Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

-The company's values, mission, and C-suite leadership continue to hold my respect and admiration. Prior comments and feedback have been listened to and affected meaningful change. -Quality of the team members has been and continues to be the best I've had the privilege to work with. -Despite the amount of change and some of the resulting unknowns, I still feel a part of something important and meaningful.

Cons

The amount and level of change, irrespective of COVID-19, has had some negative effects: -Changes have not been announced well or communicated clearly in some cases -Expectations have been difficult to understand fully through the changes -Future outlook of the company has been communicated well, but how changes affect the outlook of different departments within the company has not been.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Health Catalyst Response

CEO

Thank you for your review and feedback, and for three years of meaningful contributions to the success of the company. Thank you also for sharing the positives you've experienced, we will try to reinforce and keep enabling those elements you highlighted. And thank you also for sharing the cons and advice. Your perspective is resonant and it highlights the tension between the principle of transparency and completeness of decision/communication. It's an elusive balance and I'm confident that we don't always get it right. We are trying to be more mindful in 2021 and beyond of consistency in communication, and in providing each manager with opportunities to communicate with their individual teams, more frequently, which should allow for more tailored communications, relevant for each team. We'll keep working at it. Thank you again for your contributions these past three years! Best, Dan

Discover more reviews about Health Catalyst.