LanguageLine Solutions - Now LLs is after Pacific interpreters | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for LanguageLine Solutions

"Now LLs is after Pacific interpreters"

Current Employee - Interpreter in Boston, MA
Current Employee - Interpreter in Boston, MA

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

there is nothing good to tell about this company

Cons

Language Line Solutions has been buying out smaller companies (e.g. Pacific Interpreters) and forcing their interpreters to be so-called "employees" with virtually no benefits (no paid vacations, no holidays, no sick days, crappy cheap health insurance). The interpreters' compensation changed from potentially $30-42/hr to $12-$14 per hour. Most of the quality and highly-qualified interpreters are leaving this greedy and cold company. If you're thinking of getting interpreter services for your hospital, clinics or business, stay away from Language Line Solutions. Don't expect you will get good quality interpreting services from LLS since they don't care about the interpreters. Interpreters are being used like factory workers or robots.

Advice to Management

Stop abusing your interpreters.

Other Employee Reviews for LanguageLine Solutions

1. "Wonderful experience in general"

Former Employee - Mandarin Customer Service Interpreter in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Mandarin Customer Service Interpreter in Dallas, TX

I worked at LanguageLine Solutions part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Knowledge gained through working with different fields, good pay, flexible hours

Cons

Complicated management system, not ideal for career growth

"Don't waste your time! Get a job at a regular company's call center for better pay and benefit!"

Current Employee - Interpreter in Monterey, CA
    Current Employee - Interpreter in Monterey, CA

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Absolutely nothing! Don't waste your time or career! Get a job at a regular company's call center for better pay and benefit!

Cons

Pay, benefit, training staff. Only reason I tried this job was I'm bilingual and the word "Interpreter" sounded cool to me. Also, I own a newer Mercedes Benz and didn't want to add up mileage. What a big mistake! It's a ridiculous job! Rather, it's a ridiculous labor! You work as a conduit between the client and his or her limited English proficient customers. And many LEP people lack basic IQ, American common sense, and, most importantly,
    communication skill! So they will give you all kinds nightmares and unnecessary challenges!

Additionally, you have to do your job the Language Line Solutions' way no matter what! Interpreters shouldn't appear as if they are chatting with LEP people! That's just one of Language Line's many many stupid rules. What kind of person in right mind would think the interpreter is chatting with LEP people on the job??? So, for every move an interpreter should make, in order to understand LEP person better, he or she must inform Client first and get the permission. And that's going to drive you CRAZY! AND IT'S GOING TO CAUSE SEVERE DELAY AND THE CLIENT'S COMPANY WILL GET THE INFLATED BILL!

Also, since you're being sandwiched by two or more customers per call, you must have the "Slave's Mind" or "Low Self-esteem" to survive in this job. I feel sorry for those who have been working for this company pretty long, and I especially feel sorry for senior language specialists. I'm sure they all have low self-esteem. With their skills and qualifications, they can work for Airlines [ Travel Benefits!!! ], hospitals, Nordstrom, Costco, etc. for much better pay and benefits! What the heck were they thinking?

Interpretation is a hard work, and LLS better treat their interpreters much better than now! But unfortunately, when some stupid or crazy clients complain about you, this company takes their words while your words don't mean anything! By the way, I have a lot more to say about this stupid company and this stupid "work from home" interpreter job as well as "SUSPICIOUS" EXPERIENCES I've had while working as "work from home" interpreter for the last several months. As soon as the company and I part, I'll reveal them in detail! Glassdoor says I can edit my review within 30 days, and I'm expecting that will happen within that time frame.

Advice to Management

You guys just wait~ You guys will be contacted~