LanguageLine Solutions Interview Questions

Updated Jan 20, 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at LanguageLine Solutions

2.5
HardAverageEasy
Found 189 candidate interviews
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LanguageLine Solutions (Dallas, TX) in Dec 2020

Interview

It was fine, easily done over the phone and the recruiter was extremely nice. We talked for nearly 20 minutes before she realized that I had a standard of pay of $20 per hour, but she couldn't come close to that rate - sort of a waste of time.

Interview Questions
  • Easy questions - they are cheapening the profession of Interpretation by only offering $14 an hour - it should be illegal.
    2 Answers
Anonymous Employee in Canada
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LanguageLine Solutions (Canada)

Interview

There was an online assessment which I needed to interpret between English and your mother tongue language. It is not that hard as long as you have attended their training and follow the instructions of the assessment. There was practice test for your to practice too.

Interview Questions
  • You needed to interpreter between English and your mother tongue language.
Anonymous Employee in Germany
Application

I interviewed at LanguageLine Solutions (Germany)

Interview

I had 3 interviews all went well! My recruiter was super nice and explained everything very well. When i had questions between interviews she was very responsive. I am very excited for the position.

Interview Questions
LanguageLine Solutions
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at LanguageLine Solutions (United States)

Interview

There was an initial video interview with two HR recruiters that were about 30 mins long. Then, there was a follow up interview with an HR representative that also lasted 30 minutes. The representative asked about prior job experience and was very pleasant to converse with. Lastly, I made it to the final interview which was a phone interview with the implementation manager who was not as friendly as the representatives from the first two interviews. She was very direct and asked questions pertaining to the job description. She advised they would make a decision in a few days. A few days turned into weeks where this company did not have the courtesy to follow up with the candidates who did not receive an offer. I even followed up with the recruiter to inquire if a decision had been made two weeks after my final interview and she advised a few more days was needed. To date, no correspondence was received and they failed to follow through as they stated in our communication.

Interview Questions
LanguageLine Solutions
Anonymous Employee in Mexico
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LanguageLine Solutions (Mexico)

Interview

Yo estoy en Mexico con la compañia de outsourcing Human Quality. Ya que ven tu CV y les gusta tu perfil te hacen una entrevista en Ingles, la entrevista es breve y lo que quieren es escuchar que tan bien hablas ingles. Despues te mandan un examen de ingles el cual es una parte en escrito de gramatica etc. Y la otra parte oral y te hacen traducir en ingles a español y viceversa escenarios parecidos a las llamadas que se toman. Si lo pasas tomas un curso entrenamiento de 5 dias de 9 am a 4 30 pm con una hora total en breaks. El ent. es por una app tipo Zoom y se toma grupal con otros candidatos. El curso se me hizo entetenido y aprendes bastante en el tiempo que se toma. El ultimo dia del training te mandan el examen InterpreterSkillsAssesment y te dan 48 hrs para tomarlo. Y de ahi te piden todos tus papeles ya que dicen que si no los tienen no les dan los resultados del ISA. Y tambien te mandan a una clinica a hacer um antidoping. Y bueno stoy en este paso del proceso de contratacion.

Interview Questions
  • Cuales son tus pasatiempos. Porque te gustaria ser interprete y trsbajar desde casa. Donde has trabajado anteriormente.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at LanguageLine Solutions (United States)

Interview

After submitting my resume I simply received an email stating: Implementation Specialist Details: 75% to 85% travel, for example: Monthly schedule: Travel Monday – Friday and back to your home base for the weekend and same on the following week. Be home for a week to catch up on paperwork etc. and travel again on the 4th week. There might be a time you will be travelling for three consecutive weeks. Note: you will be shadowing the team for the first 60 days. Location will be based on business needs and for now customers are mostly in the East Coast. Total Compensation: Base salary: $45K/yr. Potential bonus: 22% of annual salary (compensation is based on three categories: individual, department and Company performance) Note: average bonus payout for the past three years is 96%. Standard 90 day probationary period Full benefits: Medical, Dental and Vision 401K participation Vacation: 7 paid company holidays, 15 days on year one and 20 days on year two through the end of the 14th year Tuition reimbursement fee up to $500 Short and long term disability. All great to know but it seems salary is the main qualifier here (especially after reading reviews on glassdoor) The budget is below industry standards.

Interview Questions
  • Mostly focused on whether the amount of travel is achievable.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at LanguageLine Solutions (United States) in Jul 2020

Interview

I applied for the Bosnian Interpreter position. They scheduled a phone interview first. A nice and somewhat polite lady talked to me, and she first explained that this is a VIDEO interpreting position. Then she said that they pay $15/hour, 40 hours a week, give 10 days a year of UNPAID leave, and NO vacation time and that the job is pretty intense. They allow 30 min lunch break and two breaks of 15 min during the shift. I leave in California, and the shift time was from 8:30 am till 5 pm PST. They provide equipment, but high-speed internet is my responsibility. After explaining all that, she then asked how that sounds to me. Later she sent me a link to do their Language Proficiency Test over the phone, which I had to complete within 48 hours. Since I failed their test, I didn't go further from there. But I remember her saying that the next step would be another phone interview with additional people and all the usual steps after that. About the Language Proficiency Test: it had 18 questions, half in English and other in Bosnian. The questions were in the area of general topics but you need to elaborate as much as possible.

Interview Questions
LanguageLine Solutions
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LanguageLine Solutions (Portland, OR) in Jul 2020

Interview

The interview process was standard, really. The company is drastically underpaying its localization staff; their top salary for a Senior PM position is what their competitors pay entry-level associates. The company and I mutually agreed to part ways when it became apparent that we could not come to terms on compensation.

Interview Questions
  • How do you feel about [working] 12-hour days and weekends?
Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LanguageLine Solutions (New York, NY) in Jun 2020

Interview

I was called to verify my language proficiency. The recruiter explained how salary works, the bonus, benefits, job duties. Holidays and vacations were not approached very well. The recruiter was very nice.

Interview Questions
  • What do you do to deal with stress?
Anonymous Employee in Managua
Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at LanguageLine Solutions (Managua) in May 2020

Interview

Luego de enviar tu solicitud y CV, reclutamiento te llama directamente para lo que sería tu primera entrevista. Esta consiste en que el reclutador te menciona palabras que figuran dentro del vocabulario cotidiano del puesto para que sean traducidas en el momento; varian de unas 8 - 10 palabras y se realiza en Inglés a español y viceversa, luego la misma lógica pero aplicada a frases y oraciones cortas. La segunda etapa es una entrevista presencial, esperas por alguien de reclutamiento mientras llenas un formulario con tu información personal; a continuación te explican como va a proceder la segunda entrevista y luego pasas a esta: la segunda entrevista consiste en una llamada por computadora con un reclutador remoto que te pide interpretar escenarios similares a los de la primera entrevista. Se esperan tus resultados y si pasas la segunda etapa ahí mismo reclutamiento te explica sobre horarios, sueldo, requisitos de ingreso, inicio de entrenamiento, etc.

Interview Questions
  • Is this your first C-section?
  • Me chocó por detrás y arruinó las luces traseras de mi carro
Viewing 1 - 10 of 189