LanguageLine Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

LanguageLine Solutions Interview Questions

Updated Nov 29, 2017

2.4

Interpretr Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LanguageLine Solutions.

Interview

A bilingual recruiter called me on the phone and made sure that I was a native speaker for the language. She was friendly and arranged for a language test in both languages, which was recorded and reviewed. Since I passed the test, I had to do a sample interpretation. No benefits were discussed and no negotiation took place. I had to accept what was offered regarding schedule and pay.

Interview Questions

• What is your native language? How do you practice it in US? Language test for both languages.   Answer Question

Spanish-English Interpreter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at LanguageLine Solutions (Melbourne, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

Fifty percent online and fifty percent on the phone. A couple phone calls and a few online video tests translating a couple sentences from english to spanish or spanish to english. They do drug screening and background check.

Interview Questions

• Experience in interpretation   1 Answer

Interpreter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at LanguageLine Solutions in October 2017.

Interview

I was unprepared for the phone interview. I thought it was going to be basic questions, such as availability and other basic questions. But it was actually interpreting sentences and medical terminology, after having passed an online assessment. I still passed, but I wish I had been better prepared.

Vietnamese Interpreter Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LanguageLine Solutions (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Recruiter contacted me, went over the job description, sent me training materials for me to prepare for the language over the phone test. After passing the test, I was scheduled for orientation and training.

Interview Questions

• There are no difficult questions. Everything is very straightforward.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LanguageLine Solutions (Portland, OR) in August 2017.

Interview

1) Talk with recruiter by phone and e-mail
    2) Practice interpreting with the recruiter and when you feel ready you can take and Interpreter assessment.
    3) Interpreter assessment - through a website with recorded situations. Somewhat challenging but they do portray the day to day calls we receive when hired.
    4) Web-based training - 12-15hrs self paced training. You are given 4 days to complete
    5) Training with instructor - 6 hrs (The training is paid)
    6) Start Interpreting!!!

Interview Questions

• I don't remember the questions. The interview was mainly focused on the Interpreting Skills. I was asked about my resume once I was hired on the first week of work. I received a call from a Language Specialist, who was fantastic! very motivating! he then ask about my experience and also told me he was there to guide me and offer any type of aid I would need during my first 90 days of being hired.   1 Answer

Intern Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monterey, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at LanguageLine Solutions (Monterey, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Interviewed by four people for thirty minutes. The VP of Marketing and Sales, Product Manager, PR specialist, and HR. Each person was very friendly but quick to get the the interview process.

Interview Questions

• One mistake that you have made in the past and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

Spanish Interpreter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange Park, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LanguageLine Solutions (Orange Park, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

They have you do a Spanish proficiency test online, then set up an interview over the phone, followed by some over the phone exams to test Spanish proficiency and ability to interpret basic concepts from spanish to english and vice versa.

Interview Questions

• Talk about one time I had to deal with a difficult situation.   1 Answer

Interview

Over the Phone... Three interviews... talking about my backgrounds...passing the source and target language tests Going through background check... Multiple trainings online and on the phone... Creating online login system.....

Interview Questions

• How much life insurance you’ll need involves two major factors: how much it will take to pay your debts off, including the mortgage, and how much your dependents will need to maintain the same lifestyle after you’re gone (included some unfamiliar at-the-time technical terms)   1 Answer

Interpreter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LanguageLine Solutions.

Interview

Phone screening call with a recruiter who makes initial language proficiency assessment followed by a scheduling for a professional language proficiency assessment, customer service skills and adherence to instructions. Receive offer within few days if successfully passed all assessments.

Interview Questions

• How well can you speak the target language and where did you study?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LanguageLine Solutions (Washington, DC).

Interview

Over the phone interview, it was ok and easy, they ask you about your employment history. If you have a certain language like Sudanese, and you speak good English, you can get the job right away. Then you take the langauge test which is medical and car accidents or banking realted.