LanguageLine Solutions Interview Questions | Glassdoor

LanguageLine Solutions Interview Questions

Updated Jun 2, 2017

2.4

Interview

Over the Phone... Three interviews... talking about my backgrounds...passing the source and target language tests Going through background check... Multiple trainings online and on the phone... Creating online login system.....

Interview Questions

• How much life insurance you’ll need involves two major factors: how much it will take to pay your debts off, including the mortgage, and how much your dependents will need to maintain the same lifestyle after you’re gone (included some unfamiliar at-the-time technical terms)   1 Answer

Interpreter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LanguageLine Solutions.

Interview

Phone screening call with a recruiter who makes initial language proficiency assessment followed by a scheduling for a professional language proficiency assessment, customer service skills and adherence to instructions. Receive offer within few days if successfully passed all assessments.

Interview Questions

• How well can you speak the target language and where did you study?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LanguageLine Solutions (Washington, DC).

Interview

Over the phone interview, it was ok and easy, they ask you about your employment history. If you have a certain language like Sudanese, and you speak good English, you can get the job right away. Then you take the langauge test which is medical and car accidents or banking realted.

Russian Interpreter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LanguageLine Solutions.

Interview

Interview was in the target language, the recruiter was a native speaker. Very arrogant and snobbish approach. No "how" or "how are you?", straight to business about them hiring employees not contractors with no benefits, no vacation and $7/hour pay. Seriously? At that point she lost me. The pay structure is cumbersome to make you believe that you will actually make more (calls over 20 min are paid at base $7/hour plus $13 premium (proportionate to the length of the call). If you happen to wait for another call for an hour, that hour will be paid at $7. She said they only hire highly skilled professional interpreters... For $7? You can find those? No professional growth, nada, zip, zero (recruiter scoffed at me when I asked that). 15 min into the interview, I was drilled and grilled on interpretation skills. The recruiter was giving me sentences in English (with rather heavy accent - go figure), I was supposed to translate consecutively. After 4 sentences and her constantly picking at my Russian (hello, I was born there), I quit and said I had no more interest. Hostile environment. Very unfriendly. I got an impression of this being a language sweatshop. Can't image how somebody can do this day to day in this condescending atmosphere!

Interview Questions

• Nothing about experience, or education, or the typical behavioral questions. Only interpretation drills and testing.   Answer Question

Director of Global Recruitment Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monterey, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LanguageLine Solutions (Monterey, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview with the recruiter then an interview with the VP of HR and recruiter again. I did not have the VP of HR contact information so I reached back out to the recruiter via email to thank both her and the VP of HR for their time and she never responded back. Got a generic email over a month later saying that I did not get the job. The interview process is very unprofessional. To have someone wait over a month for feedback and then to not even respond back to the thank you email was very rude. The recruiter could have at least thanked me for my time. Very rude and unprofessional company but after seeing the low ratings I am not surprised.

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at LanguageLine Solutions (El Paso, TX).

Interview

The entrance process is lengthy, there is a phone interview then a test on the PC then an in person interview then you have to wait for a schedule to open

Enterpreter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fife, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at LanguageLine Solutions (Fife, WA) in December 2016.

Interview

Easy interview over the phone, interviewed twice got hired and ready for training but I didn't have my social security yet and work permit so have to wait to get them before im qualified to thejob.

Interview Questions

• How do u handle complaints in your previous job?   1 Answer

Over the Phone Interpreter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LanguageLine Solutions (Walnut Creek, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Over the phone conversation
    Submitting my resume, which has my back ground check & clearance category II
    With the completed application with the required documents ; I got the job!

Over the Phone Interpreter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at LanguageLine Solutions (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The recruiter calls and asks simple , predictable questions. Once passed, a senior person will conduct a mock interview. Its easy, you need need to be attentive and write the details down. Once passed, you will get an offer letter, conditional upon background check and drug test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

NO Negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Mandarin Customer Service Interpreter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LanguageLine Solutions (Chicago, IL) in September 2016.

Interview

There were an online or phone interview for the first time.I called a number then it gave few questions .there were 2 questions needed to translate into both mandarin or English.
    After this time you would schedule to another phone meeting by an email.there was a PDF about how to be a interpreter ,I highly suggest to read it and do those exercise inside the PDF.in the interview they will ask you question about it and your basic information.