LanguageLine Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

2.5
LanguageLine Solutions President & CEO Scott W. Klein
Scott W. Klein

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • When you work from home you can save money on food and clothing (in 227 reviews)

• Work at home - no need to commute during bad weather (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • Low pay compare to other companies in the industry (in 53 reviews)

• No benefits for part time employees (in 51 reviews)

"Translation Manager"

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions full-time

Pros

LanguageLine's Exec Team are experienced leaders who are committed to running a world class organization. They have made huge investments to build industry leading technology that make it easier for all employees to do their jobs. They have also created a culture where ever one is expected to meet their commitments and put customers first.

Cons

LanguageLine has almost 10,000 employees. There are no "cons" that wouldn't exist in any similar size organization (and probably fewer).

Advice to Management

Continue to grow the business. A rising tide lifts all boats.

"Lots of really smart people, great company with a bright future"

Current Employee - Vice President Sales in Monterey, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President Sales in Monterey, CA

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

1) Most highly advanced service delivery technology platform and systems.
    2) Great Company, made up of extremely intelligent and hard working people.
    3) Being the largest Over-the-phone interpretation company in world, and #3 in the world in all combined language services, it's nice to work for a strong market leader.
    4) Lots of growth opportunities are available to those who work hard and want to move up within LanguageLine Solutions, or even our parent company Teleperformance globally.
    5) Helping people of the world communicate, while making a meaningful positive difference in their lives everyday makes it easy to get up in the morning, and is personally very rewarding.

Cons

There is really nothing I can say at this time that I'd consider a major Con vs. all the Pros listed above. I recommend LanguageLine Solutions to everyone that I know as a great place to work.

Advice to Management

Continue your commitment to total and complete customer satisfaction. It works. Keep striving to be the very best language service provider in the industry in every measurable attribute.

"Couldn't be better"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Monterey, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Monterey, CA

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I've been working for LLS for over 10 year. Management, benefits and pay are great! There are lot of opportunities to grow.

Cons

It can take a while to recognize talent.

Advice to Management

There's always room for improvement.

"A happy camper"

Current Employee - Senior Interpreter in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Interpreter in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have been working for this company almost a decade. The management is great, starting with CEO Scott Klein. He is a very attentive, very sensitive to the needs of the company employees person. Just a joy to work with him, honestly ! I love his personality, being very down to earth. He is simply sometimes and unfairly misunderstood. I am very proud of him and the rest of our management.

Cons

Could not think about any cons.

Advice to Management

Do what you do and there are plenty of people in the company who love you, appreciate you and wish you well. God bless !

"Fast growing company- great career potential!"

Current Employee - Director in Monterey, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Monterey, CA

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

It is very rewarding to be part of a company that provides a valuable service to so many in need. I am proud to be part of a team that is building bridges between
      people of diverse cultures and languages. I feel my co-workers and I are truly "part of the solution"- bringing people together in a very fractured world.

Cons

Sometimes resources are tight and needed process improvements don't happen as fast as we'd like them to.

Advice to Management

More transparency around career opportunities for internal candidates at all levels.

6. "We Help People every single day"

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Fast paced, world class organization that allows us to use our gifts, talents, education and experience to contribute to our company goals on a daily basis. The work we do is appreciated at all levels as we strive to make a difference in people's lives.

Cons

As we grow, so shall there be growing pains. This is not a con, but a fact. The end result is we get to help more and more people every single day.

7. "Long-time employee thoughts"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Monterey, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Monterey, CA

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Customer driven. Focused on providing the highest quality service delivery and support. Leader in technology advancements to bring language assistance in whatever situation you're in.

Cons

24/7/365 service delivery can be challenging.

8. "Lead Senior Language Specialist"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spanish Fork, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spanish Fork, UT

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Working from home; high expectations and

Cons

Would like to increase my salary in order to compete with inflation and cost of living

Advice to Management

Hire more qualified candidates - dismissed the ones that do not comply with guidelines more effectively - do not delay

9. "Best in the business--any business"

Current Employee - Translation Manager in Portland, OR
    Current Employee - Translation Manager in Portland, OR

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

With several decades in the workforce, I've never been as satisfied as I have been in my 10 years at LanguageLine. It's a pleasure to come to work every day with a real team, where we all have each others backs, where ego never gets in the way, and where we all care profoundly about our customers and the essential service that we provide. To anyone joining our team, it's clear very quickly--by the work we handle daily and by the example set at every level of the company--that we aren't just "making widgets." What we do has real-world importance and impact, and we never forget that there is a real person on the other end of every interaction.

Cons

None. The work is challenging but always rewarding. There's never been a day in 10 years where I've not looked forward to coming into the office.

Advice to Management

You already have the formula down: Believe in the people, lead by example, and always share your passion for what we do, and there are even greater chapters to be written in the company's story.

10. "Work from Home"

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Work from Home, No traffic to fight with.

Cons

There is very little contact with peers.