LanguageLine Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

2.5
LanguageLine Solutions President & CEO Scott W. Klein
Scott W. Klein

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • When you work from home you can save money on food and clothing (in 227 reviews)

• Work at home - no need to commute during bad weather (in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • Low pay compare to other companies in the industry (in 53 reviews)

• No benefits for part time employees (in 51 reviews)

"A happy camper"

Current Employee - Senior Interpreter in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Interpreter in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have been working for this company almost a decade. The management is great, starting with CEO Scott Klein. He is a very attentive, very sensitive to the needs of the company employees person. Just a joy to work with him, honestly ! I love his personality, being very down to earth. He is simply sometimes and unfairly misunderstood. I am very proud of him and the rest of our management.

Cons

Could not think about any cons.

Advice to Management

Do what you do and there are plenty of people in the company who love you, appreciate you and wish you well. God bless !

"Translation Manager"

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions full-time

Pros

LanguageLine's Exec Team are experienced leaders who are committed to running a world class organization. They have made huge investments to build industry leading technology that make it easier for all employees to do their jobs. They have also created a culture where ever one is expected to meet their commitments and put customers first.

Cons

LanguageLine has almost 10,000 employees. There are no "cons" that wouldn't exist in any similar size organization (and probably fewer).

Advice to Management

Continue to grow the business. A rising tide lifts all boats.

"Lots of really smart people, great company with a bright future"

Current Employee - Vice President Sales in Monterey, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President Sales in Monterey, CA

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

1) Most highly advanced service delivery technology platform and systems.
    2) Great Company, made up of extremely intelligent and hard working people.
    3) Being the largest Over-the-phone interpretation company in world, and #3 in the world in all combined language services, it's nice to work for a strong market leader.
    4) Lots of growth opportunities are available to those who work hard and want to move up within LanguageLine Solutions, or even our parent company Teleperformance globally.
    5) Helping people of the world communicate, while making a meaningful positive difference in their lives everyday makes it easy to get up in the morning, and is personally very rewarding.

Cons

There is really nothing I can say at this time that I'd consider a major Con vs. all the Pros listed above. I recommend LanguageLine Solutions to everyone that I know as a great place to work.

Advice to Management

Continue your commitment to total and complete customer satisfaction. It works. Keep striving to be the very best language service provider in the industry in every measurable attribute.

"Couldn't be better"

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I've been working for LLS for over 10 year. Management, benefits and pay are great! There are lot of opportunities to grow.

Cons

It can take a while to recognize talent.

Advice to Management

There's always room for improvement.

"Fast growing company- great career potential!"

Current Employee - Director in Monterey, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Monterey, CA

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

It is very rewarding to be part of a company that provides a valuable service to so many in need. I am proud to be part of a team that is building bridges between
      people of diverse cultures and languages. I feel my co-workers and I are truly "part of the solution"- bringing people together in a very fractured world.

Cons

Sometimes resources are tight and needed process improvements don't happen as fast as we'd like them to.

Advice to Management

More transparency around career opportunities for internal candidates at all levels.

6. "Work from Home"

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Work from Home, No traffic to fight with.

Cons

There is very little contact with peers.

7. "Mission Driven & Innovative"

Current Employee - Full Time Employee in Monterey, CA
    Current Employee - Full Time Employee in Monterey, CA

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company provides an important service. It's nice coming to a place that actually makes a difference in the lives of others. Sitting in with interpreters is a profound experience. The company is also very innovative especially compared to other companies in Monterey County. The need for language solutions is huge and growing. Overall I feel lucky to work at LLS and would recommend it.

Cons

The company needs to focus on people as much as process. Take care of the people who take care of the brand. Start with communication. How is the company doing? Where is it going? How do we get there? What does it mean to me?

Advice to Management

Focus on internal communications. Is that anyone's job at the company? If not, it needs to be.

8. "Interesting place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Monterey, CA

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

LanguageLine helps a lot of people every day. It's a very innovative company that is scratching the surface of the addressable market, which is growing all the time thanks to cultural shifts. Working at LLS you feel like you are on the ground floor of something big. People who get in now might be very fortunate in the next few years.

Cons

Very process oriented. The company went through a big turnaround getting it ready for sale. Now that the sale has happened it would be good to re-focus on people. Sometimes the tone of communication to staff can be colder than needed which might be unintentional.

Advice to Management

Focus on human capital. Create career paths for talented people who want to grow with the company while supporting their families. Take care of the people who take care of the brand.

"A terrific place of employment"

Current Employee - Interpreter in El Paso, TX
    Current Employee - Interpreter in El Paso, TX

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

competitive pay
    very friendly staff
    you learn something new every single day
    the satisfaction that you genuinely help others

Cons

not a whole lot of room for growth

"Exciting place to work"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Monterey, CA
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Monterey, CA

I have been working at LanguageLine Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company is on the cutting edge of the language access industry. It's rare to find companies this innovative, especially in Monterey County. Nice to work for a firm that is actually doing important work in the lives of others. It makes a difference to come to work at a place that makes a difference.

Cons

Improve communication with interpreters and anticipate issues they may have.

Advice to Management

Emphasize communication from the top down and get buy-in for the company's long-term vision.