Morgan Stanley - Great culture but doesn't pay enough | Glassdoor

Great culture but doesn't pay enough

Current Employee - Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Morgan Stanley full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

- Great culture and the people they hire are extremely hard working, intelligent and easy to work with - Promotes mobility - Training courses are available everywhere - Encourages meeting others from different departments

Cons

- For the amount of hours and stress we put in/receive, they do not pay their employees well - Training courses are available but there's no time to delve into a course you're into

Advice to Management

Stop moving key jobs over to other remote locations

1. Very Positive and Open Work Enviroment

Current Employee - Summer Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Morgan Stanley

Pros

Fast Paced Very helpful Managers and Co-Workers Everyone had a lot of pride for the company Great pay and benefits

Cons

Unclear hiring standards and a bit of a murky process

Great first job in finance industry

Former Employee - Financial Advisor in Oak Brook, IL

I worked at Morgan Stanley full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

I was a new hire into the financial advisor associate training program. I studied for my licenses and got all the support I needed. The firm is is a large investment bank and they offered in depth product training and had specialists available to assist with any kinda of client need. I still greatly admire the company.

Cons

Unfortunately not the greatest company to build a financial advisory practice at. The business model was more appropriate to serve the needs of very high end clients. The clients who I would end up serving were more the average middle class type of retail clients. These clients were my friends and family and former co workers and people in my network. I didn’t have access to many of the types of clients who Morgan Stanley...

Advice to Management

Financial advisor turnover is still way too high across the industry. Spend more time on developing existing talent and see new hires through to success rather than continuing to let the industry be a revolving door. It was a great training program. I’ve been in the industry for 7 years and have found success elsewhere.

Discover more reviews about Morgan Stanley.