Morgan Stanley Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 21, 2018
3,118 Interview Reviews

3.1

Intern Interview

Interview

technical questions mostly. interviewer super friendly but very demanding quesiotns. mostly applied math or data science focused with a little financial knowledge requirement the interiew lasted aroun 30 mins each and they can schedule upt to 5 depending on team needs

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

I was at another bulge bracket bank (not as good as MS), on a structuring desk, and wanted out. Knew a friend on the Distressed Debt desk and they were hiring a desk analyst at the Associate level.

Got put in touch with the desk head and went for a face to face interview.

Typical walk me through your resume and then pitch me a trade idea. I'd prepared a model and one-pager on a HY name, and after the pitch, was then asked to provide another impromptu idea (to see if I was following the markets, and to give me another chance since my prepared pitch must not have been very compelling).

He thanked me for my time. We both knew it wasn't going to happen, but I still sent the de rigueur thank you email.

All in it was very quick. I was given a chance. A better experience than most - no one's time was wasted, and they were professional/polite.

Anonymous Interview

Interview

the interview process took about 6 weeks, first phone call interview, then in person interview ( about 2 managers). Most of the questions are behavioral. But knowing the basic technical questions are helpful.

Inside Access Day Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in May 2018.

Interview

The first step was a resume screen. About two weeks later, MS sent an invitation to complete a HireVue. Following this, MS sent an email with their decision regarding my status in the program.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you worked in a diverse team and the steps you took to successfully complete the task.   Answer Question

Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Boston, MA).

Interview

Interviewer was very friendly and I established a rapport easily. Questions were mainly behavioral but some technicals. Overall, you will be fine if you study up on basic finance and investing principles and know your resume inside and out.

Interview Questions

• Describe to me a project from your studies that is relevant to this job.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

1st round phone screen, second round super day and lunch with staff members. 4 back to back interviews that were relatively not too bad. A good mix of technicals and qualitative questions, DCF, LBO, transactional experience, etc.

Technology Graduate Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

The first interview was easy just basic questions related to my background and what I wished to achieve at the company. Also my interest in technology and computer science. The second round will the te technical interview, you are given the choice of which programing language you would like

Director Interview

Interview

Very strange experience; was approached via Linkedin by an MS Recruiter recruiting for an internal position in the city (NY). During the exchange was asked my contact information and best time to connect so an discussion can commenced with respect to the potential role. Needless to say, the recruiter neglected to call so received another email apologizing informing me that they'll be avail for a conversation that given afternoon. I waited for the call but yet again "it" never came. At this point, internally one can only wonder that this person is unprofessional and is playing mind games.. Not sure if my enthusiasm for the role turned him off, perhaps I should have downplayed my interest who knows.. However, several days later I email him and yet crickets, so I instead added the Hiring Manager of the department on Linkedin and applied to the role only for that "same recruiter" to not shortlist me. Again this is the person that contacted me twice about the role. If I was truly interested, I would email the manager concerning my candidacy but this experience has further irked me and gave me the impression the company lacks professionalism when it comes to soliciting potential candidates for vacant roles they're qualified. In addition, I deactivated my profile as again this experience turned me off.. I've never had a recruiter reach out and yet fail to contact the candidate they've expressed interest. As stated very strange recruiter and he should not be in the business at all..

Intern Interview

Interview

The firm came to campus to recruit for interns. I had 1 phone interview and am invited to 2nd round. The guy was nice so the process went quite smooth.

Interview Questions

• how do you price an option and how do you evaluate volatility if data is limited   Answer Question
    • whats the prob of more than 800 heads out of 1000 coin toss   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

The first round of interviews took place on campus; interviewer mostly asked behavioral-based questions.

Second round of interviews involved an on-location, superday segment: two 30 minute face-to-face interviews, and one group activity.