Morgan Stanley Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,602 Interview Reviews

3.1

Cyber Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

I applied through on-campus portal for the role in Baltimore office. Round 1 was resume walk through. Round 2 had 2 sub-rounds on site. It involved fair amount of technical questions planned to test the skills. The total process took around 2 months.

Interview Questions

• 1. Walk me through your resume.
      2. How do you gel in a team?
      3. What is the reason for attrition in cyber security market?
      4. Current and Immediate future challenges for cyber security.
      Answer Question

QA Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

First the recruiter called to understand my resume and compensation expectations.
    2 technical telephonic rounds,
    in person meet up with 4 senior people,
    HR round (waste of time and why i did not take the offer)

Interview Questions

• SQL Queries, UNIX commands, lots of resume discussion, automation   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

First round phone interview was very easy--mainly resume experience and background. Moved to two in office interviews and then a group interview. Group interview is based off how well you work with various people under pressure.

Interview Questions

• Why Operations? What experience do you have that will work well in team settings?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Bellevue, WA) in June 2017.

Interview

You submit your information online. Their system is a bit dated in that you can't upload your resume and have fields populated automatically. After you finish applying online you have they make you take a "General Reasoning Test" and after you finish that test they require you take another test "The Financial Advisor Assessment". If you make it past these tests they then have you do a Digital Interview where you record a video answering a set of interview question. After they review your Digital Interview they then call you in and you meet with several people including the Branch Manager. After that they offer you a position.

Interview Questions

• The standard, why are you interested in becoming a Financial Advisor for Morgan Stanley?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

The first round was coding problem tackling phone interview, which makes sense a lot. The interviewer was very helpful and intuitive. Then the second round, the questions were more on knowledge base on some of the jquery functions... I personally think this doesn't really tell my Software experience and ability since these are specific knowledge that you can look up on google. You need to test on how Software Engineer should tackle obstacles and how to proceed the thoughts and things NOT on specific knowledge.

Interview Questions

• Do you know ____? type of questions were nonsense. Give me a question to tackle down not pure knowledge you can find on Google.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Referred by a staffing agency. The job description I got from them was very blur and I couldn't get the idea about what the job exactly work for. The interviewer asked for my previous internship in NYC and asked how I know about the job they offered.

Financial Advisor Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Interview

Initially a call from the HR Recruiter, she went over more of the basic questions about previous employment and why Morgan Stanley. Then a call with the Business Development Manager, which he provided information on how the role worked and sent a business plan to be completed. Once they found the business plan to be sufficient, they followed by an in-person interview with the Branch Manager and Business Development Manager.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Complex Risk Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Met with three individuals at the local office location.. Interview lasted approximately an hour with several questions relating to the job and industry. The individuals were personable and professional.

Interview Questions

• Asked several questions related to the job and industry   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

Professional, very corporate, a weird interview with a lot of unusual questions, not related to business or my 12 years in accounting. Other than that, they wanted to ask about where I lived, family, just general stuff to see what kind of person I was and how I would relate to other people. The interview was really difficult it was just very odd and unusual.

Interview Questions

• Am I willing to work long hours and weekends   1 Answer

Risk Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Had my first interview for the Op Risk, got called back for the final that evening and was offered to interview for the Credit risk program via phone, made it to the final round for that position.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage your time with all the things in your resume?   Answer Question