Morgan Stanley Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3,990 Interview Reviews

3.1

1. Featured Interview

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Mumbai (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

There was 1 telephonic round, then 2 technical round, 1 design and architecture round , 1 hiring manager round, then HR round interview. Some questions on Collections, Exception Handing, Multithreading, then creating a own Binary Tree in java, Observer, factory, builder design pattern coding.

Interview Questions

• Core Java, Data Structures, Design patterns use cases, Domain Knowledge, Git   1 Answer

AVP Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Several hours straight through. Some rounds had multiple people. Others had one person. Everyone was very structured yet personable. No one made me uncomfortable- It actually made me feel at ease talking to the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with conflict in the workplace   2 Answers

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

You begin with a hirevue - fairly standard questions that you can find online for the most part. I then had a call with an associate that was great - good conversation and he was nice enough to provide feedback and advice on what I could work on. Lastly I had a 2 hour superday. I felt good about the technical questions but had a harder time talking to the interviewers. Ultimately I did not get an offer

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

I had an onsite with three rounds. There was a panel right before the interview - which they did not notify us before -- you can ask questions about the program or the job to people who have already joined the firm. You choose different programming languages that you know and get questioned in a room full of other people but of course 1:1.

Interview Questions

• reverse string, basic os concepts ie threads, different data structures pros and cons, strings vs stringbuilder   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Submitted a resume online through on campus recruiting. Received a first-round phone interview and then went to the NY office for a Super Day, which consisted of four back to back interviews.

Intern Interview

Interview

Applied through a portal in spring, and did a phone screen via alumni base and invited to the office for in-person super day with three people who were mainly all senior people.

VP Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in May 2020.

Interview

Position: Big Data Development Team Lead
    The process was pretty fast and they ask you to get interviewed on short notices. I had 4 rounds of interview and in some cases with less than an hour of notice. One of the most unprofessional process I ever seen. I had 4 interviews in 3 days and 2 of them were on less than an hour of notice. Once the process was done senior recruiter called me to let me know that everything went fine and the hiring team wants to move ahead with me. They connected me with their immigration team and requested my immigration document. After this I never heard back from them again even after following up twice. The recruitment team doesn't even bothered to reply to my emails. Totally unprofessional behavior, think twice about this firm if you are an immigrant.

Interview Questions

• This position was for Big Data Lead:
      1) Questions on Data Pipeline design and Architecture
      2) Leet code easy question on linear DS.
      3) Questions on your projects.   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in May 2020.

Interview

There were 4 rounds of interview

1) technical round: based on the work I have done and some core questions on Java collection and threading

2) system design: I was given a usecase and was asked to design and compe up with architecture to solve the same

3) tech+design+onsite: a team of 3 interviewed me asking questions on collections and general questions on the technology and programming language I worked on, this was a 4 hr continues interview

Interview Questions

• look for basic python interview, db and testing cases interview questions   Answer Question

NLP Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY) in May 2020.

Interview

1 Telephonic
    1 zoom round
    Telephonic round went very well where i discussed my projects , python related questions and OOPs concepts.also gave a scenario based question.
    Zoom interviewer was arrogant and was not listening to me at all.i mentioned him I'm not from a CS background still kept asking me about my computer science courses. asked if i know java. asked me about all data base available in the world. He asked me a scenario based questions which i answered. He was expecting something else. I understand there can be multiple approach.i asked him if he was satisfied. i wanted to explain other approaches but he skipped it.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

Got a phone interview invitation one month after submitting an online application. Went to one of their Early Insight programs before and met some professionals there who were friendly and helpful.

Quantitative Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

First did an online assessment and several months later, they reached out to me asking for 30 mins phone call interview. The second round is still phone interview, third is on set.