Morgan Stanley Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 25, 2017
2,568 Interview Reviews

3.1

Risk Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Had my first interview for the Op Risk, got called back for the final that evening and was offered to interview for the Credit risk program via phone, made it to the final round for that position.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage your time with all the things in your resume?   Answer Question

Complex Risk Officer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Met with three individuals at the local office location.. Interview lasted approximately an hour with several questions relating to the job and industry. The individuals were personable and professional.

Interview Questions

• Asked several questions related to the job and industry   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

Professional, very corporate, a weird interview with a lot of unusual questions, not related to business or my 12 years in accounting. Other than that, they wanted to ask about where I lived, family, just general stuff to see what kind of person I was and how I would relate to other people. The interview was really difficult it was just very odd and unusual.

Interview Questions

• Am I willing to work long hours and weekends   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Interview

Initially a call from the HR Recruiter, she went over more of the basic questions about previous employment and why Morgan Stanley. Then a call with the Business Development Manager, which he provided information on how the role worked and sent a business plan to be completed. Once they found the business plan to be sufficient, they followed by an in-person interview with the Branch Manager and Business Development Manager.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Interview

A general pen test of mathematics programming mathematical finance as well as finance knowledge, followed by the phone interview, the process is quite long and I receive the phone interview 2 months after test

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

I had a phone interview with Morgan Stanley for a summer data scientist internship. First round phone interview: I was first asked to talk about some highlights in my resume, then answered three questions.

Interview Questions

• One financial question, one statistical question, and one programming question   Answer Question

Wealth Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

3 Interviews, each 30-45 mins:
    1st was traditional HR questions, i.e. strengths & weaknesses, tell me about yourself.
    2nd was technical.
    3rd was fit, i.e. dealing w/ situations and conversation w/ interviewer.

Interview Questions

• I was in a coma for 2 years. Just woke up and you're the first person I saw. Tell me what is going on in the world.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

The interview process was easy, I feel like jobs in operations do not require a degree, it is something that could be easily picked up , anyone can do this job, with two weeks of training

Financial Training Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Sacramento, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed by 2 peers my age alongside 2 other interviewees. It was short, only about fifteen minutes. When it was done we put our resumes and transcripts on a table and left. We were expected to dress business professional.

Mortgage Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Dallas, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied on-line. I interviewed with six different people Two at a time for 1.5 hours. Interview was relaxed and friendly. Questions were more situational than technical.
    Overall the interview was good but timely for the position sought.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to a difficult client?   1 Answer
    • Would I participate in community service?   Answer Question