Morgan Stanley Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 17, 2017
2,664 Interview Reviews

3.1

Wealth Management Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews, fairly standard process. Interviewed at Morgan Stanley in New York City. Was told what the responsibilities would be during the process. Asked about my previous experiences in finance/banking.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume? Why Morgan Stanley? What do you hope to gain from this internship?   Answer Question

Media Production Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

It went very smoothly. There were several interviews, and the goals/exceptions for the role were clear. The challenges were also discussed, which I found helpful. It's important to have transparency at that stage of the process.

Interview Questions

• Would the commute be a challenge for me?   1 Answer

Risk Management Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Easy process. Have only gotten the first round interview. P h o n e call with no technicals and all behavioral. It lasted for just about around 20 m i n s

Interview Questions

• How did you step up as a team member?
      Walk me through your resume   Answer Question

Technology Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

1st round - interviewed on campus, applied through career website for a different job but got interview for this role. 30 minutes technical interview. Rude interviewers.
    2nd round - brought in for super-day. Had a panel, group activity, then brought into a room with 50 interviewers lined up at tables. Completed three 45 minute interviews. The first one went really well, second was okay, and the third went badly. Some of the interviewers were really rude and didn't understand the type of role I was looking for. None of the employees seemed very happy to work there.

Interview Questions

• Imagine you were asked to develop a poker game application. What kinds of questions would you ask and how would you implement it?   Answer Question

Stock Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT

Interview

Very clear concise and thorough. We met in a secure building and went over work history. Not intimidating at all. It was your typical standard interview. With the typical what would you do in this situation scenarios.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Interview was with 2 different people. Direct questions were asked. Discussed the business, the opportunity, my major and career goals. Went very much as expected. Interview was fair and nothing out of the ordinary or shocking.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years and what do you want in life?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Menlo Park, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Fairly standard. 2 phone screenings + superday. They asked the expected IB questions including "Walk me through a DCF", "Tell me about yourself", and a few specific technicals regarding multiples in comparable company analysis and precedent transaction analysis.

Financial Advisor Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (San Francisco, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Very straightforward. Digital interview was something new for me and questions are mainly behavioral. I'm not sure that requiring young financial advisors to have a current network or you fail is the best way to go about things.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Mostly behavioral and fit question
    There were 3 people involved in an interview
    2people from one team and 1 from the other. The hiring manager told me that they are looking to fill the position quickly so they will be reaching out within a week. However, after a week there was no comment what so ever so I guess I am not chosen.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult client/employee and how did you handle the situation.   Answer Question
    • why Morgan Stanley   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied through an agency. Took 2 weeks to confirm their interest in me. Had my first round, face to face on a Wednesday. Next was a phone call from a senior manager in England on a monday and a second face to face round interview the very same day.

They were pretty fast and efficient and not looking to waste time.