Morgan Stanley Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,951 Interview Reviews

3.1

IED Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

Apply through on campus interview. 3 rounds in total. Final round with 3 back and back interviews. In generally, the process took around 1 month. First round typically with a associate and then second interview with a VP or ED.

Wealth Management Summer Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

4 interviews at super day. 1 technical – what's the current price of oil, what's going on in the markets etc, 1 case study, 2 behavioral. Know current events and be well-informed and outgoing.

Interview Questions

• Where's the S&P 500 at? What do you do to keep up with the markets?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Phone Interview- very relaxed, interviewer was very nice, took about 20min, just to get to know candidate and decide who gets second round interview
    10 minutes of me answering questions, 10 minutes of me asking interviewer questions

Quantitative Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

The telephone interview allows both interviewee and interviewer to be in a more relaxed state. The interviewer can use the relaxed state to better gauge the interviewee, and pick up on things that may be disguised during the more formal interview process.

Interview Questions

• Q1. resume-related questions: research, programming, statistics, mathematical nance,
      linear regression and data analysis.

Q2. At a railway station, the probability that a train appears within 30 minutes is
      99:999%, what is the probability that the train appears within 10 minutes?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Online application with 2 different assessments, Phone interview with talaent acquisition team, online interview using Hirevue, business plan, and meetings with local management. This is a very rigorous and lengthy application process.

Capital Markets Analyst Interview

Interview

2 phone screens, 1 super day. All super day interviews were 1 on 1 and lasted about 20 minutes. After the interview, my school's alumni brought me in to another room 6 on 1 and asked me about the process. Be prepared for this part as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about this spelling error on your resume. (No spelling error).   1 Answer

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

First Interview: I applied for Business Analyst and she started asking me coding questions. I kept repeating it is for Business Analyst and I have some programming experience which I don't remeber of. But everytime she asked questions on coding.

Interview Questions

• Describe a technical problem you solved? How you solved it?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Birmingham, AL).

Interview

The interview process was very extensive and a little on the crazy side. First thing they will have you do is take a couple personality test which took longer than i expected.

Interview Questions

• When was a time where I struggled to meet sales quotas.   1 Answer

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

One one-on-one on-campus interview and 2 one-on-one interviews in their office with a group exercise. In the group exercise they look for leaders, so if you are uncomfortable with being a visible leader, you must show some type of leadership.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Multiple choice exam---> 3 phone interviews --> 1 phone interview---> Interviewed with two teams on site--->Offer. The exam was very difficult but I don't think the teams that recruited me ultimately looked at it.