Morgan Stanley Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 18, 2017
2,466 Interview Reviews

3.1

Entry-Level Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Employees came down to my university and did on-campus interviews. The interviewer asked very basic questions about my resume, did not get too technical. Was easy to talk to just didn't get a chance to stand out due to simple questions and volume of people interviewing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had a failure on a team project.   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

I wanted to apply for the business analyst role but they had filled up all positions so I had to give the interview for app developer. It was completely technical even if it was the first round.

Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Phone Interview then interview in the office. Mostly behavioral questions with a few basic technicals. Overall everyone was very friendly and the firm was nice. I interviewed in the Chicago Office for Private Wealth Management.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume.   1 Answer

Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blue Bell, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Blue Bell, PA).

Interview

Applied through university career site. Shortly after, I got a call from a representative to schedule an interview. She left a message without leaving her name or even what company she was with, so when I returned her call I had to ask, (as there are many companies I had been looking at and applied for) and she seemed offended that I didn't know it was "Morgan Stanley, a financial institution." On par with our first point of contact, she later cancelled the interview with another very pleasant voicemail, "Hey this is XYZ with MS, I'm cancelling your appointment. The position has been filled."

This rep was unprofessional and extremely rude. Although MS is a prestigious institution, I would not imagine that this is the best environment to work.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

First short talk with HR on the phone (questions about CV). Then phone interview with employee. Basic questions (walk me through resume, experience) and a couple of brain teasers and simple coding problems.

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

First interviewed at a conference and was invited to an onsite super day. The process consisted of a panel discussion, a team activity and three rounds of interviews with engineers there. Pretty frustrating experience because ALL the interviews for the group of candidates happened in the SAME conference room. I felt that there was really no privacy at all and hard to concentrate sometimes due to other people's talking. One of my interviewers was apparently wrong about a run time analysis but he told me that I was wrong when I provided the correct answer.

Interview Questions

• Using the object oriented design concepts, how would you describe the current conference room that we are in right now?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

I had two round interviews. First, i got a call from a staffing company. Then a few days later, I got notice to have an on site interview with the hiring team. The second interview was with Interview with two senior VPs and a Director(my boss).They asked me a lot behavior questions and my technique skills (Excel).

Interview Questions

• How is your excel skills?
      How do you deal with conflicts with your co-worker/boss?
      How do you demonstrate your problem solving skills and organizing skills?
      Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Compared to other interviews I’ve had in the past, the interview at Morgan Stanley Wealth Management was not that stressful. They ask a series of questions to get a sense of who you are, your skill set, connections and try to assess if you have what it takes to be successful as a financial advisor.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you'd be successful as a financial advisor?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Had a phone interview with the company followed by a superday. Whole process was very quick and easy. Know why you want to work there and not the other bulge brackets

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and got first round phone screening, it was a phone call with a person in the office and it was not too hard in terms of the interview difficulty

Interview Questions

• Walk me through a DCF, how are the three financial statements connected   Answer Question