Owens Corning - Owens Corning Basement Finishing System Review | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Owens Corning

"Owens Corning Basement Finishing System Review"

I have been working at Owens Corning full-time

Pros

I think the Owens Corning Basement Finishing System division is a great place to work! I believe Owens Corning is pretty good with work-life balance.

Cons

Working in a small group such as the Basement Finishing System division, we are always up to our eyeballs with work

Advice to Management

Invest more in the Owens Corning Basement Finishing System division because there is a lot of internal talent within the group

Other Employee Reviews for Owens Corning

"Not a well led company"

Former Employee - Area Sales Manager II
    Former Employee - Area Sales Manager II

I worked at Owens Corning full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good quality building products, but you pay a premium for them.

Cons

For the record, this company has gone through three Area Sales Managers in the last four years in my area of the mid-west. I was let go (with no reason given) back during the housing downturn even though my sales were increasing compared to the rest of the region. The real funny thing is, I still run into roofing distributors and contractors in this area who comment "you were the best rep we've ever had," or "they made a big time mistake when they let you go."

This is a very weak company with spineless leadership at all levels that do not value their people. I'm sure the good 'ol boy system is still dead and well at this place. This company will never be able to get away from the charade of their own arrogance.

If your looking to join up with a progressive company that is going places..my advice is to keep looking.. They do exist out there...but not at this place.

Happy to say I'm striving in a sales position with a top notch Fortune 100 Company today that values their employees, and places emphasis on a positive productive culture.

Advice to Management

What goes around....

"If this is American Manufacturing's Future We're in Trouble"

Current Employee - Plant Operations Leader
    Current Employee - Plant Operations Leader

I have been working at Owens Corning full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Work life balance - not really a company value but it's just not a hard working company culture which is good for your home life.

Cons

Dysfunctional culture from HQ. Lack of anyone who truly cares about the company, most just marking time. No vision. Full of Corporate Cliche programs that do nothing. Very risk averse. Poor locations. Zero innovation company - created fiberglass but all the competitors now are the ones driving innovation.

Advice to Management

I know they won't do it but I'll say it anyway - move the HQ away from Toledo. The only people attracted to this town are the same type of people with the same ideas. HQ is filled with a mix between old 20+ year employees trying to keep their head down and act like they're working and new employees who are only planning on being there 3-5 years then going to a better one. Talent management, development, and caring for leaders in this company for lack of a better word - sucks.