Owens Corning Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Owens Corning Interview Questions

Updated May 21, 2017

Finance/Accounting Leadership Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Owens Corning in April 2017.

Interview

Quick 30-minute phone interview before being passed on to another official at a later time. Overall easy and they asked a lot of basic behavioral questions. They were able to tell me where the job would be, yet not the exact roles that I would fill.

Asst Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annapolis, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Owens Corning (Annapolis, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview is in Capital Heights. They where running behind and doing multiple interviews. They will speak to you for about 30 mins trying to sell you how you are going to make your "pay check" and basically tell you its a door to door sales job.... noting to do with management.

Interview Questions

• Very little questions where asked. I was mostly being sold on why to work there. (Huge red flag)   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Granville, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Owens Corning (Granville, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

Owens Corning put out a really good vibe during the interview process. While lengthy (mostly due to the holiday season), my first two interviews were over the phone (very convenient) and the third was on campus (multiple panel interviews). Unfortunately, I was not selected. I would have loved to accept an offer from them, but their reasoning was very legitimate... However, all was not lost... The hiring manager called me a week after the interview to go over exactly why I didn't receive it and actually offered advice on what jobs in the company to apply for. I don't think I've ever gotten that kind of feedback from an interviewer. Very professional. I will keep applying to OC in hopes of receiving a suitable offer.

Interview Questions

• Given this scenario, please show the appropriate heat transfer.   Answer Question

Owens Corning Response

Feb 11, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with OC during the interview process. I am so glad you felt you received adequate feedback.

Supply Chain Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oshtemo, MI

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Owens Corning (Oshtemo, MI).

Interview

Phone interview asked STAR questions. Lasted about 25 minutes.

As a senior in college looking for a full time position out of school. I did not get a second interview because I currently work part time at Lowes and they are a customer of Owens Corning. I understand that logic if I was in a management position but I work 20 hours a week to pay bills while in school. I find that incredibly unfair.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Owens Corning.

Interview

In person interview by engineer 5 weeks until phone interview with H.R. Currently waiting for further in person interview. The whole process was pretty typical. I would recommend others to apply to this company.

Human Resources Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Owens Corning in November 2016.

Interview

Phone interview from corporate office lasted approximately 15 minutes. All scheduling was done via email. Did not have verbal contact with anyone until the phone interview. Basically reviewed my resume and asked a couple of questions. Recruiter was knowledgeable and friendly. Overall good experience.

Manufacturing Engineer Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Owens Corning.

Interview

Interviews with HR and technical engineering. Mostly behavioral questions and asking for specific examples from school and work life. I applied online and was contacted by email and phone. First interview was HR on the phone and second interview round was on site in Dallas.

Manufacturing Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Owens Corning (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I talked to them at the career fair and set up an interview on campus. They were extremely friendly and easy to talk to. Very basic behavioral questions. If you're looking for full-time there is an onsite interview down in Texas as well, but for the interns there is only the single interview. Received an offer in about a week.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to work in a team where people did not share the same ideas as you?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Owens Corning in August 2016.

Interview

Apply online, receive a email schdueled a time for interview. Talked with 4-5 poeple together. Most of questions are tech questions, and describe previous projects. Future plan and why fit the position

Interview Questions

• describe your self, talk about previous projects, ask detail of your won contribution in projects. How you deal with failure and challenges   Answer Question

R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Owens Corning (Toledo, OH) in July 2016.

Interview

It was a very disappointing experience. I applied online, contacted by a recruiter two weeks later for a phone interview. Then came the strange part: that recruiter never showed up. I had to call multiple times later that day for reschedule, but it just didn't work because we scheduled three times and the recruiter missed them all.

In the last time, I called the manager and ask for help. The manager did help me connected with the recruiter and had a 25 min interview, went well, but that was it. No follow up (after I called), no respond to e-mail, even no reject letter. Such an unprofessional organization appeared to me and the fact that I wanted this position badly made it sting so much. Every time the interview was rescheduled, I spent more than 2 hrs preparing them. So what they did was very disrespectful to my time and effort.

Interview Questions

Owens Corning Response

Sep 9, 2016

Thank you for your feedback. Every candidate is important to us, no matter the outcome, so I regret that you had a negative experience with Owens Corning. I do appreciate you voicing your feedback ... More