KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Owens Corning Interview Questions

Updated Sep 23, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 200 of over 200 interviews

2.9
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Owens Corning

Owens Corning

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Owens Corning in Sep 2022

Interview

We spoke over the phone for our first interview setup. We then meet by Zoom to introduce ourselves. This led to more information regarding the position. This then led to questions regarding the job they were hiring for.

Interview Questions
  • Would the hourly wage be sufficient?
    1 Answer

Owens Corning

Application

I interviewed at Owens Corning

Interview

Group interview done with the plant. They no longer do these type of interviews. I also had to interview with the finance manager and HR manager. Pretty fair and simple interview with others candidates in the same room.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Owens Corning

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Owens Corning

Interview

Hiring Consultant reached out to me over LinkedIn, then I went through one phone interview and two in-person interviews. The in-person interviews ranged from 45 mins to 1 hour and the panel had 4 or 5 people.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a time you had to come up with a creative solution to solve a problem.

Application

Interview

STAR based questions - multiple panels with two to three interviewers each. Fairly straight forward "tell me about a time when" situational questions. Definitely helps to know contacts within the company as an external or define individual development plan as an internal candidate

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Owens Corning

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Owens Corning in Nov 2021

Interview

Phone screening by recruiter, followed by a teams meeting with the direct manager, it was very casual and easy going. 2 weeks later, an onsite tour, one on one interview with your direct manager, which is very structured and a panel interview with the line managers.

Interview Questions
  • tell us about a time you faced adversity at work and how did you overcome it?

Owens Corning

Application

I interviewed at Owens Corning

Interview

Interviewed with 3 other people that were going for the position. Then, met with managers individually and then did phone interview with Finance Manager. Was offered the position after a week.

Interview Questions
  • Experience with big projects. How well do you do in fast paced environment.

Owens Corning

Application

I interviewed at Owens Corning

Interview

It was challenging but overall a good experience to have under my belt. They like the STAR method of answering questions. Be ready for questions like “tell me about a time that you failed”.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Nephi, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Owens Corning (Nephi, UT)

Interview

I was interviewed by a group of three people and it was a great experience. They tend to want responses in the S.T.A.R. technique. It was difficult but they made me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aiken, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Owens Corning (Aiken, SC) in Sep 2021

Interview

Interview by the campus recruiter, and 2 additional recruiters. Went over a couple of behavioral questions, very conversational. The interview was more casual, talk about why I wanted to apply for the position, what my passions were and relocating questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, OH

Application

I interviewed at Owens Corning (Athens, OH)

Interview

Two interviewers asked questions about skills and experience. Gave circumstances to which I provided answers. They wanted STAR responses. Generally the same as other interviews that I have had with larger corporations.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 200 Interviews

Owens Corning Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Owens Corning as 68.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.92 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Intern and Production Supervisor rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Manufacturing Leadership Program and Engineer roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Owens Corning takes an average of 22 days when considering 208 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Engineering had the quickest hiring process (on average 6 days), whereas Production Supervisor roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 17 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Owens Corning according to 208 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 22.44%

Work at Owens Corning? Share Your Experiences

Owens Corning logo

Owens Corning Careers

Cover image for Owens Corning

Compelling Careers Delivering Innovative Solutions Owens Corning has touched your life and the world around you in more ways than you can...More

• Our Culture & Values
  • Our Benefits
  • Diversity
  • Global

Company Updates

26 days ago

Community
Last but certainly not least in our Owens Corning Volunteer of the Year series, we recognize the Taloja employees as the Team Volunteer of the Year Award winners. The Taloja plant employees were honored for two separate volunteer efforts: COVID-19 relief and Konkan region flood relief. Using an OC Foundation grant, the team worked closely with public health departments, government bodies, and nongovernmental organizations to support underprivileged people in the community. #volunteer, #volunteerism, #giveback, #OCgivesback, #OCcares
Shared image - Owens Corning on LinkedIn: #volunteer #volunteerism #giveback | 11 comments
Owens Corning on LinkedIn: #volunteer #volunteerism #giveback | 11 comments
www.linkedin.com

26 days ago

Community
To continue our Owens Corning Volunteer of the Year series, we are pleased to announce our 2022 Employee of the Year, Jessica Riter. Jessica is an internal audit lead at the Toledo world headquarters and volunteers for a variety of organizations and causes. Most recently, she helped the community affairs team organize Owens Corning’s Martin Luther King Jr. National Day of Service, and she managed events at the Toledo office. #volunteer, #volunteerism, #giveback, #OCgivesback, #OCcares
Shared image - Owens Corning on LinkedIn: #volunteer #volunteerism #giveback
Owens Corning on LinkedIn: #volunteer #volunteerism #giveback
www.linkedin.com

Owens Corning Photos

+ Add Photo
Owens Corning photo of: Toledo World Headquarters
Owens Corning photo of: Congratulations to the Wellness Team at our Jackson, TN plant for winning first place in our annual Healthy Living Awards competition!
Owens Corning photo of: The marketing team participated in a volunteer event with Fleece &amp; Thank You. They made 40 fleece blankets that will be donated to children in local hospitals. #OCcares #OCgivesback