Owens Corning Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Production Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Concord, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Owens Corning (Concord, NC) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pretty cool. I was greeted with respect, asked self explanatory questions and they made me a offer. It was a easy process the 3 managers really made me feel comfortable in my interview. Very down to earth people and I’m so happy to be apart of this great company.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in a situation at work where you met a deadline?   Answer Question

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review!

Interview

It was really simple! They asked what my interests were as well as some scenario based questions. Instead of technical questions they asked more about my experience and how I would handle situations in the real life world.

EHS Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Owens Corning.

Interview

Interview on campus. I met them in career fair on campus. There were three interviewee. I was called after two weeks when i got selected. Internship got canceled due to COVID-19. But they asked us to do leadership assessment and then job interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about you?   1 Answer
    • Behavioral Questions
      1. Team work
      2. My mistake working with group   Answer Question

Shingle Manufacturing Line Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Owens Corning (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2019.

Interview

Recieved a phone call after applying online the hiring manager gave me an interview resulting in him asking me if i wanted the job pending physical and drug test witch i never recieved.
    I waited six weeks for an email stating they have more qualified applicants three months later they are still hiring for the position I have no criminal record am drug and alcohol free and live mere blocks from the job site.
    It was a horrible and i feel very disrespectful experience I would not wish on anyone

Interview Questions

• if i would have any problem with hot and cold temperatures and long days on my feet   1 Answer
    • common education and work history questions   1 Answer

Apr 23, 2020 – Owens Corning Representative

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We apologize that your experience was not positive. We take reviews seriously as we are always looking for ways to improve.

Human Resources Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toledo, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Owens Corning (Toledo, OH).

Interview

Met campus recruiters at business school career fair. Offered in person interview the following day.
    On campus interview with 2 HR executives. Behavioral based questions.
    On-site half day interview. Meet with recruiter to tour headquarter building. 2 interviews with high level HR executives. Mostly behavioral based questions.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavior based questions. One random question— “what was the last book you read?”   Answer Question

Plant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Owens Corning.

Interview

Interview process had several panels of salaried and primary employees and used a model to predict future behaviors based on past experiences. Hiring and on boarding efficient and effective process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to champion an idea after experiencing push back from the team.   Answer Question

Reliability Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairburn, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Owens Corning (Fairburn, GA) in May 2019.

Interview

It started out as a very fast, organized, detailed, accommodating and effective interview process but hiring manager did not provide a compensation near the range agreed upon at the beginning of the process. Aside from a very smooth and thorough interview process, this was very disheartening and the managers involved refused to try and resolve the issue. Hence why I had decided not to pursue the offer.

Interview Questions

• Provide a time when there was a safety concern and how did you go about resolving it?   Answer Question
    • Experience with data mining on SAP?   Answer Question
    • Experience with facilitating FMECAs or RCFAs?   Answer Question

Aug 23, 2019 – Owens Corning Representative

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Owens Corning.

Interview

Recruiter calls with phone interviews, two panel interviews, one with HR and a peer and one with the controller and plant manager. Laid back but also kind of stuffy.

Interview Questions

Owens Corning Response

Warehouse Material Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockford, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Owens Corning (Rockford, IL).

Interview

I started as a temp and changed so many times the 9 years I been there. Last I knew they get a group of 3-4 office personnel and ask a person a series of questions.

Interview Questions

• They will ask about safety.   1 Answer

Apr 25, 2019 – Owens Corning Representative

Thank you for your review!

Technical Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waxahachie, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Owens Corning (Waxahachie, TX) in April 2019.

Interview

Spoke to corporate HR person who set up phone screen with plant manager and engineering director. Phone screen went well and I got a site visit. Site visit was two panel interviews and plant tour. One panel was plant manager and HR manager and second was with plant manager’s boss and engineering director. No interaction with plant team or anyone I would be working with on regular basis. Tour was good but plant was a bit run down.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you would help develop others on your team?   Answer Question

Aug 23, 2019 – Owens Corning Representative

Sales Development Interview

Interview

It started off, with me exchanging emails with some of the employees and finding out more information about Owens. Then lead to a couple phone interviews. After the interviews it was important to stay in touch. It is a lot about the culture and making sure you will fit in with the company.

Interview Questions

Owens Corning Response

Apr 25, 2019 – Owens Corning Representative

Thank you for your feedback!