Party City - Not the Best Job in Retail | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Party City

"Not the Best Job in Retail"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in West Jordan, UT
Former Employee - Sales Associate in West Jordan, UT

Pros

The dress code is nice and professional for what the job is. It's not a suit and tie, but you get to wear a black polo shirt, dress pants, and dress shoes. They want you to look nice. There are no degrading aprons or uniforms as with some other retaillers. The job is very low pressure. There's a 30% discount on all the merchandise.

Cons

My biggest con was the lack of respect from management to employees. I was given a heavier work load and more assignments than some of the other employees. As a dedicated employee I was only taken advantage of. They never let me know when I did a good job, but they were certain to let me know if I did not. The manager was very rude and abrasive to all the employees. As a previous review stated Party City does not seem to think that their sales associates are a valuable asset to their company. The pay is very low, minimum wage. The store generates mass hysteria during Halloween and other special events.

Advice to Management

There are many ways that different people run their companies. Some companies believe that the best way to do it is to "act like a jerk" and "put the employees in their place." The Sales Associates are one of the most important aspects of the stores success as they perform the most customer interaction and keep the store maintained. If employees feel valued and respected the employee morale and overall success of the store will improve. A happy worker is a good worker. Companies with happier workers will more than likely reach their full potential.

Other Employee Reviews for Party City

"SUCKS AFTER AWHILE"

Current Employee - Everythingggg in Warminster, PA
    Current Employee - Everythingggg in Warminster, PA

Pros

-mostly teenagers
    -can be fun when managers arent near
    -a good first job
    -yelling at customers is the best part. i swear, they are NEVER rightt!!

Cons

-yearly raise is very low
    -no hours at all
    -some managers are very rude and do not respect us employees
    -some have no cameras

Advice to Management

give us more hours and pay us more. we work our butts off, while getting paid crap. dont give the cashiers so many duties. we need to stay close by to the registers.

2. "Terrible!!!!"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Mason, OH
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Mason, OH

Pros

the only thing positve i can say about working at party city is that you can get good discounts on supplies, candy etc.

Cons

Manager was very negative. Cut hours but then turned around and hired new people. Customers are the worst. They drive up in their BMW's and Mercedes then get pissed off when they "for sale" item isn't for sale any more. Kids are bad as hell and parents just ignore it. Terrible place to work.

Advice to Management

Focus on employee satisfaction. Customers AREN"T ALWAYS RIGHT