Party City Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1.8

Sort:

Corporate Office Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockaway, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Party City (Rockaway, NJ).

Interview

Applied online and a few weeks later an HR rep called with a few questions and then scheduled an in person interview for the following week.

I went into corporate office and the hiring manager had a different idea of what the job entailed compared to the actual job description. She was brief, kept looking at her watch and didnt even try to understand my background before ushering me into the VP's office. He was even worse, asking unreasonable questions that also didnt pertain to the job.

Not sure I'd want to work there even if I was offered a job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spring, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Party City (Spring, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Initially I had a telephone interview with a recruiter that consisted of behavioral questions. Second interview was with the Store Manager. Very laid back interview. Talked about my management style and salary expectations. Third interview was with the District Manager. Talked about my resume, my management style, and other basic interview questions.

Interview Questions

• What is one the most important things to remember when managing people?   Answer Question

Assistant Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Party City (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

It was a fairly simple interview where the job was discussed and the expectations of the job as well as who I was and where I had been in my life as a person.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my previous experience and how it would help me if I got the job I was requesting.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Party City (Madison, WI) in August 2013.

Interview

After applying I received a call within 48 hours and we set up an interview for a few days later. The interview went smoothly and I was hired on the spot.

Visual Merchandising Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Party City (Livonia, MI) in March 2012.

Interview

Met with manager to discuss expectations and my experience.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable working on a temporary basis without a contract?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rockaway, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Party City (Rockaway, NJ) in January 2013.

Interview

It was a good experience that took a couple of weeks. they are there to help you so they are not hard to get a long with. everyone is pretty nice and will help you along the process. Upper management is a good life lesson and should be taken very seriously. They understand what you are trying to do and will help you grow.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past experiences and how can it relate to the job you are applying for?   Answer Question

Inventory Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Party City (Overland Park, KS) in January 2014.

Interview

Pretty straight forward , nothing out of the ordinary. Geared toward a high schooler so they had basic questions like experience, and what if situations. Only took one interview and was called back to work following day

Anonymous Employee in Laguna Niguel, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Party City (Laguna Niguel, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

the interviewing process was not long at all. I would say I was in and out in about 30 min. the questions were not hard, just basic "what do you do on your spare time" " are you in school?" etc.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work at party city   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Party City.

Interview

It was a quick and easy Interview process, applied in store and got a call back the next day to meet with manager. After interview, was offered and accepted position on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you're interested in working here? Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Party City in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online and got called in for an interview about a week latter. It lasted less than 30 minutes and got told I would get a call latter that next week if I got the job. I got the call about 3 days latter and went to my first day that next Monday.

Interview Questions

• What would you suggest I wear if I wanted to be a pirate for Halloween?   1 Answer
    • How would your past employers describe your attendance?   1 Answer