Party City Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Party City Interview Questions

Updated Aug 11, 2017

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Party City (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Went there to fill out application in person and listed nights and weekends as my availability knowing it was a long shot but figured matbe they did stocking or something at night to have full hours. Was called in for an interview that was pretty simple and more of the manager talking about the job than asking me questions. After he saw my availability he pretty much told me that it wouldnt work for him.... I kinda wish he would've checked what I clearly wrote on the application before calling otherwise simple interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Party City.

Interview

Simplest interview ever, if you have common sense. Mostly about customer service experience and retail. If you know how to help a customer and troubleshoot on a whim, you're more than likely to be hired.

Interview Questions

• How often do you host parties? What are the main items necessary for a successful party?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Party City.

Interview

Was contacted for a phone interview, scheduled a time. Asked about upcoming vacation time, how far willing to drive to locations. Was asked about my current position, was told the district manager would not even want to speak with me unless I had been at an ETL level at Target or an Assistant Manager at Wal-Mart.

E-Commerce Merchandise Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Party City (Pleasanton, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

They had 2 different directors of the team interviewed me. One focus on behavioral questions and the other on technical questions. The whole process lasted about 40 minutes. They asked a lot of specific questions.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Party City (Houston, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online about three weeks ago . Got a call yesterday . Interviewed today in store with the hiring manager . Basic questions nothing hard . Got hired on the spot .

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Party City (Denver, CO) in May 2017.

Interview

The process was easy and quick. When in talk to a supervisor. Interview was quickly took less than an hour. Supervisor was very friendly and warm. Hired me on the spot

Interview Questions

• what made you apply for this position   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Party City (Houston, TX).

Interview

Interview with store manager, then district manager, the hr managers, then you take a drug test if you are in the running for the job. After drug test comes back they make you an offer. After that you are scheduled, do online yraing, and start in the store.

Interview Questions

• What are my strongest points.   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Party City.

Interview

Applied online, got a call about a week later they asked me to come in the next day for an interview but I misheard and thought the interview was the following Monday (oops) at the time of my interview the manager who was interviewing me called and still had me come in. He didn't even mind that I was late and I apologized a lot and he even joked about it. He really didn't mind an was understanding about it all. The interviewing was easy there were pretty typical questions plus some specific to party's which I will list down below. Overall pretty easy. Got a call a few hours after the interview and was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• When do people buy party supplies? (Time of year and time of day)   Answer Question
    • If someone came in to buy party supplies and only had plates cups and napkins what else would you sell them?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Party City.

Interview

Called to schedule a face to face interview. Just one interview and after that they will call if you got the job. Very basic questions, they just want to make sure you are a sane person.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blaine, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Party City (Blaine, MN).

Interview

I was already employed with the company when I was promoted to Assistant manager so I was already a contender, however, my first position which was the Full Time Team Lead was very easy in my opinion. Basic interview questions. I had a meeting with the SM but I later had a 2nd interview with the DM.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to go above and beyond for a customer.   1 Answer