Rockstar Games - Pretty rough hours, fun games. | Glassdoor

"Pretty rough hours, fun games."

Current Employee - QA Tester in Edinburgh, Scotland

I have been working at Rockstar Games full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Get to play some of the best games in the industry. - Get to playstest the newest consoles on the market and unreleased kits. - Build good relationships

Cons

- Crunch time is really, really... rough - Working ridiculous hours - Often a negative environment filled with Bullys who think they are better than everyone else and because they've been here for years they can tread all over you and force you to do things and if you refuse then they raise the issues to higher authority and can lead to meetings about performance issues.

Advice to Management

Gamers aren't happy with us lately. Time working needs cutting. All employees should be treated equally. 6 colleagues have left due to stress. Let us have more holiday. Stop making us guilty for not working. Voices need to be heard more. Care for your new members equal. Less crunch pressure, more praise. Classic bullying needs to stop!

Rockstar Games2019-04-26

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Its alright"

Current Employee - Game Tester in New York, NY

I have been working at Rockstar Games full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Good working hours Comfortable chair The food is great Working times are alright I like bananas

Cons

Quite stressful The work hours I am hungry My feet are cold Is this enough?

Advice to Management

I would never give them up. Never let them down.

Rockstar Games2019-05-08

"Lots of room for improvement"

Former Employee - Programmer in San Diego, CA

I worked at Rockstar Games full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Most co-workers were helpful and friendly. IT gets you everything you need hardware-wise, quickly.

Cons

Heavy technical debt and lack of organization. Very long periods of crunch. Low pay given the cost of living in the area. Lack of vision and ability to say "No"; need to focus on making the core gameplay fun rather than adding another unpolished vestigial feature.

Advice to Management

Make people go home, and get real with the pay. Crunch causes humans to create more bugs and worse solutions. That means a worse product and project delays.

Rockstar Games2019-02-03

Discover more reviews about Rockstar Games.