KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Is this your company?

Add an Interview

Rockstar Games Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 198 of over 198 interviews

Employee Referral5%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Rockstar Games

Application

I interviewed at Rockstar Games

Interview

Good. It was very straightforward and fair. I felt very respected of my time and accomplishments. I didn't feel like a number. The interviewing team were very chill. I like working here and I'm glad I work here.

Interview Questions
  • Why Rockstar? What games inspired you?
    Answer Question

Rockstar Games

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rockstar Games

Interview

The interview is more on the practical side. The more knowledgeable you are about your work the better you will do, no "Cracking the Coding Interview" study needed. Process: - Standard introductory call with recruiter. - Codility assessment - multiple choice and easy level LeetCode problems - Hour long technical interview. Surface level basic HTML/CSS/JS and framework specific questions. - Final 3 hour long interview with multiple groups. Mix of behavioral and technical. Lots of domain specific questions, in my case the ins and outs of JavaScript, to gauge depth of knowledge. Didn't get an offer in the end, but still one of the best interviews I have gone through.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Rockstar Games

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Rockstar Games

Interview

1. Background info(Just general background info about you and what games you have played of rockstar etc) 2. Interview regarding games and projects you did in college. 3. Grammar Test and Puzzle test(10 questions total) 4. Final department head interview round.

Interview Questions
  • Which is your favourite game and what did you like about it?

Rockstar Games

Application

I interviewed at Rockstar Games

Interview

It was nice experience. Experienced HR. They guide you with the process brilliantly. Interview was a bit lengthy but if you want to enter company like Rockstar then I think that's much required.

Interview Questions
  • Where you see yourself in next 5 years

Rockstar Games

Application

I interviewed at Rockstar Games

Interview

I was put through three hour long interviews with everyone I would be working closely with in the company. They all said they liked me and I would be getting an official offer letter soon. I followed up 4 times and waited almost 2 months to be told that they had decided to go with someone already working within the company.

Interview Questions
  • How do you feel about the reputation of Rockstar Games like Grand Theft Auto, and would you feel comfortable working here?
2 people found this interview helpful

Rockstar Games

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Rockstar Games in May 2022

Interview

Could you tell me about yourself and describe your background in brief? ... How did you hear about this position? ... What type of work environment do you prefer? ... How do you deal with pressure or stressful situations? ... Do you prefer working independently or on a team?

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Rockstar Games

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Rockstar Games

Interview

I was initially thrilled to be reached out by a recruiter for this role and was quickly moved to the second round. Then, I was told that the hiring process was gonna take longer than expected. I waited about four weeks before I was told that they wanted to move me to the third round of interviews. During this round, however, the vibe was completely different and they oddly seemed less interested in me. It was supposed to last 60 mins and barely lasted a half hour. It's disappointing because was really thinking I would get an offer after a very positive first two rounds of interviews and the fact that the process took so long for nothing.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

Application

I interviewed at Rockstar Games (New Delhi)

Interview

so far its good. not yet at the endline as i just finished the art test. I'm waiting on some feedback but I'm very hopeful... feedback should be in in the next two weeks

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rockstar Games (Bangalore) in Mar 2022

Interview

I have appeared for online interview.. they had around 1 hour of interview. It was more of discussion than typical interviews. Overall I was satisfied after my giving interview. Normally in india company hire based on showreel but they had full discussion kind of interview before hiring which was impressive.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vitoria-Gasteiz

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rockstar Games (Vitoria-Gasteiz) in Mar 2022

Interview

Sent emails back and forth for a little while. Set up an interview date then had a phone interview no hard technical questions more questions about experience and what type of stuff I’m looking for from the job what’s something I expect from the work

Interview Questions
  • What is something you are looking for most at jobs you are applying to.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 198 Interviews

Rockstar Games Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Rockstar Games as 40.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.98 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Software Engineer and Technical Designer rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Game Tester and Programmer roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Rockstar Games takes an average of 35 days when considering 124 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Programmer had the quickest hiring process (on average 12 days), whereas Technical Designer roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 90 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Rockstar Games according to 124 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 31.22%