Rockstar Games Interview Questions

Updated Jun 10, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 142 of over 142 interviews

Employee Referral5%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Rockstar Games

Application

I interviewed at Rockstar Games

Interview

It was quite transparent up until the test stage. They took quite a bit of time on that stage and had to ask to know why I was declined. Other than that it was in depth and it took about 3 weeks to reach the actual test.

Interview Questions
  • My two games that I could work on if I could and why.
    Answer Question

Rockstar Games

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rockstar Games

Interview

My recruiter was quick to respond throughout the process and answered my follow-up questions as well-- super helpful and kind. Everything moved along quickly and smoothly from round to round. Started with a video screening (5 questions), then a phone screen interview w/ my recruiter, followed by three sets of group interviews. Overall timeline took about two months with the longest wait time after the initial video screening. After I passed that round, things moved relatively quickly. I received feedback from the lead recruiter at the end of the process as well, which is always valued. Very positive experience because the company gave me ample chance to ask questions to relevant stakeholders about their work culture, long term goals and values. All around great experience and passionate people!

Interview Questions
  • What is a game you recently played and disliked? Why? What's a software/system you use that you feel could be improved and how? Tell me about a time you failed and how you overcame it/what you learnt. How do you juggle multiple projects/deadlines?

Rockstar Games

Application

I interviewed at Rockstar Games

Interview

Detailed 6 round interview process. Interviewers were friendly. Soft spoken and humble. HR was very helpful and the hiring process went smooth. The whole process was conducted online. Zoom and Skype was used to conduct the interview.

Interview Questions
  • What is Incident Management? Explain

Rockstar Games

Application

I interviewed at Rockstar Games

Interview

It's a two stages interview process. There will be a telephonic interview and then video call interview. Interview process is very short. Sometimes they take longer than usual to complete the interview process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Rockstar Games

Application

I interviewed at Rockstar Games

Interview

It was good. The company is good. Staff are good. Interview was quite nice. I had test earlier. After that I got another stage of interview. They have not decided whether I will get selected or not.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Rockstar Games (New Delhi)

Interview

Got call from Hr took 30 min personal interview Next was technical interview it was good asked some technical questions later was manager round it was waste given Some assignment and after do giving all assignment correctly , stating that your are not qualified for this position ur experience not matching this role If my qualifications and experience not matching they should not pick my resume simply 😡 wasted my month time

Rockstar Games

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rockstar Games

Interview

They asked me to send the portfolio link for technical evaluation after I had mailed them a copy of my application along with my resume and a cover letter explaining my reasons for applying to Rockstar

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Rockstar Games

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rockstar Games

Interview

Test was three fizzbuzzes, two game design questions. HR contact got confused between my application and someone else's, but it wasn't an issue. Had three zoom interviews, but they went with another candidate.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Rockstar Games

Application

I interviewed at Rockstar Games

Interview

HR screening was over the phone. At the time, it was more common to interview candidates in person for their second / third interview. I, however, was interviewed over video call.

Interview Questions
  • I was asked about my level of experience with various softwares. I was asked to talk about my previous work experience. And I was asked why I wanted to work for Rockstar Games.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rockstar Games (New York, NY) in Mar 2021

Interview

Don't apply here unless you're comfortable signing a broad Non-Disparagement Agreement in perpetuity, right off the bat, no questions asked! I applied online. Heard from HR. Had a nice phone screen. They set me up with an interview the following week. HR asked me to sign a NDA. I went to sign it and realized it was a Non-Disclosure Agreement AND a Non-Disparagement Agreement. I emailed saying I was comfortable signing the Non-Disclosure Agreement but asked if I could hold off on signing the Non-Disparagement Agreement as it was overly broad and in perpetuity. They responded that they needed me to sign the whole thing AND they were moving on with other candidates. So they did not even give me the option of signing it and interviewing. So just to reiterate, they rejected me on the basis of asking if I could hold off on signing an overly broad and non-standard Non-Disparagement Agreement.

Interview Questions
  • They want you to be a fan of the videogames.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 142 Interviews