TruGreen - Overworked, under payed, and applying fertilizer and pesticides in the rain because the boss said so. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for TruGreen

"Overworked, under payed, and applying fertilizer and pesticides in the rain because the boss said so."

Former Employee - Lawn Specialist
Former Employee - Lawn Specialist

I worked at TruGreen full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is really no reason to work for trugreen unless you have no other job opportunities.

Cons

It's a company with horrible management, bad environmental practices, bad labor practices, and high pressure sales techniques. Trugreen doesn't care about actually taking care of lawns. They just want to get bad even if the lawn wasn't treated.

Other Employee Reviews for TruGreen

"I've worked here a long time. It gets worse every year. Looking for a way out..."

Current Employee - Lawn Specialist
    Current Employee - Lawn Specialist

I have been working at TruGreen full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I enjoy being able to see visible results from my hard work. I actually care about my job, and treat customers with respect. I like to fix broken equipment, and help less experienced employees become more acclimated to the job.

Cons

Unfortunately, anything extra you do to help yourself or others is considered "milking the clock," so initiative is punished with write-up threats, rather than treated as a means of promotion, or, at the very least, private recognition. Management is clueless about everyday operations, all the way to the top. All they care about is that you punch out at the allotted time so their bosses don't yell at them for going over payroll. Customer service is not important. Fixing necessary equipment is not important. Treating employees like they're people, not animals, is not important.

Advice to Management

Get a clue. Figure out how to run this company, and try not to implement monumental change every year. It's a telltale sign of a company grasping at straws. Treat your employees with respect. Figure out which employees aren't pulling their weight, and hold them accountable. Take your more valuable employees, and give them some recognition. Maybe your employees won't hate it here so much.

2. "Trugreen is a reliable employer that offers an independent working environment."

Current Employee - Lawn Technician in Burnsville, MN
    Current Employee - Lawn Technician in Burnsville, MN

I have been working at TruGreen full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Independent work, flexible hours, below industry pay but pretty good benefits offered. Technician managers are flexible and good to work with.

Cons

Corporate seems to enjoy half baked production incentives to increase sales. Lack of follow through creates distrust in the employees.