TruGreen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 24, 2017

2.3

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TruGreen (South Bend, IN).

Interview

Very unorganized, asked personal question and wanted information that had nothing to do with job. Was told that there would be three weeks of training and it was 3 days worth, half assed at that.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at TruGreen (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

-Contacted by recruiter to set up initial face to face interview with sales supervisor.
    -Face to face interview with sales supervisor
    -Final interview with additional management and shadowing of inside sales rep to get a feel for the role

Lawn Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TruGreen (Hartford, CT) in March 2017.

Interview

Was invited for a first interview with the branch manager 1:1, asked several "soft ball" questions. Next I was called in about 3 days later for a second interview, asked a few more questions that related to prior work experiences and character. I was offered the job immediately and accepted. Next, I was required to pass a basic 5-panel non-DOT drug test, DOT physical, motor vehicle history and criminal background check, then I had to take the state pesticide operator's license exam and pass, of course (they pay for it). FInally, if all that comes back clean (for me it did) then training starts and lasts about 10 days. Not a hard job to get, just be confident and don't over think things. I was told by the manager that the only way to be automatically disqualified would be to have a felony, multiple misdemeanors (7 years) or a DUI/reckless driving or multiple moving violations (3 years). Note: this branch is doing rapid hiring due to the merger and other hirings in the future may take longer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you could have or did "cut corners" to finish the job faster and why or why didn't you do so?   1 Answer

Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colonie, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at TruGreen (Colonie, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I was interviewed for two positions after the company showed interest in me after receiving my resume at a job fair. One was for selling the services door to door-which I made it clear I was not comfortable doing-especially in 2017 when NO ONE is going to welcome a salesman into their home with enthusiasm. The pay was mediocre and only a livable wage if I made up the difference in commission. They then interviewed me for the Service Technician-the person that goes and treats customer's lawns. Remembering the low salary for the sales position, I asked them beforehand what the BASE salary was, before any commissions/sales bonuses, as I didn't want to waste anyone's time. Put quite simply, they lied to me to get me back in the door. I was told that the job paid $7-900 a week before commissions/bonuses. Then at the interview I was told that the pay was a non-negotiable weekly pay of $600, with commission opportunities. I brought up the salary amount that I was quoted before my interview. I received no response. I was then escorted out of the building and thanked for my time. The next morning, I received a "Thanks, but No Thanks." email from TruGreen. This entire process was a colossal waste of time. Their blatant dishonesty, as well as their abysmal customer service reputation (Look up customer reviews-it's not pretty.) are humongous red flags. Be careful.

Also, side note: my interviewer basically told me that the products they offer are basically what you can buy at Home Depot. Maybe not something you want to tell prospective employees while trying to justify your inflated service prices.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hickory Hills, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at TruGreen (Hickory Hills, IL).

Interview

A joke!

Essentially they get you with an 'overall' compensation package. the role isn't JUST inside sales, it's also door-to-door outside sales. So during the winter months they want you on a phone, during the summer months they want you going outside, in the heat, to knock on people's doors and all for what? $30k? There is no way you're going to make $50k doing this job. You're essentially a glorified telemarketer being paid poorly.

If you're just out of college this might be the job for you if you don't have a lot of school loans to pay. Otherwise if you're a person trying to take care of a family, forget it. they are getting you for cheap!

During my initial contact, I had submitted my resume and an email popped up telling me i had to 'CALL THEM' at anytime to initiate my 'phone interview'. HUH?

Once i called i spoke to a young lady who had asked if i was calling for the inside sales position or another position. Obviously they didn't bother looking at my resume.

After a few minutes she told me what the job entailed. I politely told her i was not interested.

A week later i receive an email from a Joseph Jockisch who wanted me to set up a phone interview with him. i explained to him that i already had an interview with his company and that i was still not interested.

Poor organizational and communcation. Question this job before you apply.

Account Manager/Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Meridian, ID

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TruGreen (Meridian, ID) in February 2017.

Interview

Interview went good, position was offered, new kid doing interview was a bit behind the ball i think and more into filling box's but overall was a good experience. I think a bit more on keeping up to date on their paperwork could help, older commission data doesn't impress anyone in sales.

Interview Questions

• single experience on saving a prior Co some time. Just talked about a previous job that involved some shipping hassles that i was able to solve with minimal effort but saved a lot in the end, boss was very happy and it saved some jobs as well as hired a few, good experience.   1 Answer

Laborer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Loveland, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at TruGreen (Loveland, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

One on one with the first interview and more with another manager.they were very calm and intuitive in there questions. I thought it went very well and asked me to come back for a follow up review.

Interview Questions

• How do i feel about overtime.   1 Answer

Outside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walton Hills, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TruGreen (Walton Hills, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone interview then face to face interview, not very detailed. Most of the questions are generic and the job itself is not sugar coated. It is a job that has many benefits but do not outweigh the cons.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TruGreen (New York, NY).

Interview

2 interviews one with sales manager then general Manger asked typical questions about yourself and sales questions and are you willing to work late and weekends if sales are met for the week

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to workeep under hard conditions   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at TruGreen (Fairfield, OH).

Interview

Laid back, comfortable environment, friendly, and literally one of my favorite interview processes since I started working at 15. They were very accommodating with the interview process as well and I never felt the typical judgy feeling and did not feel as thought I was being scrutinized or placed under a microscope like a lot of places can make you feel.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my previous experience and why i felt i would be a good addition to the team.   1 Answer