KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work

Apr 15, 2021 - Fire Alarm Technician in Hartford, CT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work environment and opportunity for bonuses and OT

Cons

Workload is heavy at times. Must be a hard worker

2. 4.0
    Current Employee

Good company

Jun 13, 2021 - Project Manager in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good company to work for.

Cons

Lower Management is not great

3. 5.0
    Current Employee

Apprentice at encore

Apr 9, 2021 - Fire Sprinkler Apprentice in Pawtucket, RI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible hours Awesome management - iarossi project management Encouragement Good benefits Friendly environment

Cons

Underman projects but that’s about it Management listens to you to help makes some cons change into pros

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

One of the best

Jan 30, 2020 - Sprinkler Journeyman in Needham, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Encore Fire Protection is one of the best fire protection companies in New England benefit wise and pay. it's also a Open Door Company lots of businesses today even construction businesses you do not have an open door policy. anytime you need to talk to Thomas Jeremy or Maureen they will make sure that they get to see you. it's a good feeling working for Encore because management is always looking to better the company. they are just not sitting on a payroll they are constantly trying to achieve bigger and better goals which is a big benefit for everyone who works for encore. Being in management can be tough, I believe in the old saying from American Indians have a judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. I've been in this business for over 20 years started from the fabrication shop to where I am today. Keep up good work, proud to be apart of this ride!!!

Cons

If you are afraid of hard work - stay away from this company this is not an easy profession. takes serious thick skin even if you work in the office

1 person found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Journey at Encore

Jul 16, 2020 - Operations Specialist in Needham, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Encore was the start of my career post college. I got lucky to come across their hiring post when I did and 2 1/2 years later I couldn't see myself working anywhere else. I've learned and grown so much in my short time here that it amazes me. Even though we have 3 different offices, in 3 different states, it feels like we're just one big team. There's room for growth and even if there aren't roles that need to be filled, I feel like you can create one! That kind of flexibility is great and you can't find it at many places.

Cons

Getting caught up in work a lot and not knowing when to stop. (But hey that just means you care about the customer and you don't want to stop trying to help them!)

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work

Sep 9, 2020 - Field Technician in Needham, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Encore Is a great place to work they encourage you to grow within the industry. Working for a company that covers all aspects of fire protection has been a great place to learn and grow my abilities. The management is focused on helping employees learn and expand there capabilities. There is a good focus on employees first . Within the company there are a ton of opportunities to learn and expand into new roles or careers.

Cons

Can be busy at times , but comes with such a fast growing company.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

OPPORTUNITY FOR ADVANCEMENT

Mar 10, 2020 - Senior Project Manager in Pawtucket, RI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Encore is a great company to work for. I stared at Encore 8 years ago as an apprentice and have worked my way up to a management position. One great thing about this company is they recognize hard work and performance and reward it with opportunity to advance further within the company. The leadership team at Encore truly invests in their employees and has created a work environment that allows people to “Learn on the fly” and preaches that its ok to make mistakes in the process. I would recommend Encore to any hard working individual who is looking to start a career with a company who truly has glass ceilings. I hope this company continues to develop so I can too.

Cons

Amount of work expected for individuals Work life balance Consistency between offices and locations

8. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

High turnover

Mar 5, 2021 - Sales in Needham, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good coworkers who are willing to help

Cons

Poor management, very little trust in their employees

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Changing and growing place to work

Feb 19, 2020 - Project Manager in Pawtucket, RI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Having been part of the Encore team since 2014, I have been through and seen many changes throughout the company. I have seen the growth of the company, and the growth that the company allows motivated individuals to achieve. In my experience with Encore, if you are motivated, show up to work every day, and just care in general; the sky is the limit. There are always advancement opportunities to the right people and always someone willing to help you get to your goals.

Cons

The only negative I see within the organization and management is with some of the longest tenured employees. They tend to stick to what they have always done and known, and I think it would be beneficial to everyone for some newer ideas and ways of doing things were integrated with the old.

10. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Average Company

Dec 15, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Middletown, CT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Co-workers are very nice. Decent pay. Good social balance. CEO is a genuine person.

Cons

President of the company is bi-polar.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 38 Reviews