Enerplus Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Ian C. Dundas

1. "Supply Chain coordinator"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at Enerplus full-time

Pros

Great people, well run company; unlimited vacation!

Cons

Needs another asset to their portfolio

Advice to Management

Thank you for everything!

2. "EHS Advisor Drilling, Completions & Well Services"

Current Employee - EHS Advisor for Drilling, Completions & Well Services in Watford City, ND

I have been working at Enerplus (More than a year)

Pros

Great management to Employee relations

Cons

Almoat Too good to employees

Advice to Management

I really have no advuce except Dont give up your employees are rooting for you Continue to Keep the passion

3. "Denver"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Enerplus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I can from a larger company and here I really feel like I am given a chance to make a difference. I would say I feel needed and appreciated and I have fun. We don't have margarita Mondays or anything, but I seriously enjoy the people I work with.
    We get results and still are given plenty of time to have a life, including every other Friday off in the summer and a week off at Christmas. Sure, there may be times with a big deliverable and I put in extra time, but there are weeks I don't put in a minute over 40 hours. We are treated like adults who are given the freedom to make our own schedules as long as we are getting results. I get plenty of recruiter calls and I know I could get a quick promotion somewhere else, but I make good money here and I don't want to give up the fact that I enjoy coming to work.

Cons

With just under a hundred people in the Denver office there is not as much room for growth as much larger companies. But I do feel I am constantly given the chance to learn more about all aspects of the industry and when I ask, my manager always tries to accommodate development needs.

Advice to Management

Continue the transparency. Even when times in the industry are not great, I feel like you always tell it like it is.

5. "JIB Accountant"

Pros

Good people and great perks.

Cons

I can't think of any cons.

6. "On the right track"

Former Employee - Operations in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Operations in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I worked at Enerplus full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It's a company, like most in E&P, in transition. Great culture despite the melt down. Great people to work with. Enjoyed working with like minded people in operations. Lots of recent change on the culture front that seems very positive. Executive team seem to really care about employees. The CEO is approachable and inspiring. The SVP of Ops is one of the best and felt he truly cared about me as an individual. Really liked how the VP of HR and her team are trying to make it a great place to work.

Cons

Some of the middle management should take more accountability for their leadership or lack thereof. Stop the excuses. The executives model the values and culture yet some leaders don't. Fix that, it can be confusing for employees.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent on what's going on in the business especially in times of uncertainty. Communicate!!Encourage new ideas from employees, not just leaders.

7. "Culture at Enrplus"

Former Employee - Facility Engineer in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Facility Engineer in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I worked at Enerplus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Autonomy and responsibility provided to employees at all levels. Provide great benefits and encourage work / life balance.

Cons

Not a fast paced work environment (if that is a con..)

8. "Great People"

I have been working at Enerplus (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people within this organization. I've met and worked with a lot of people in the Calgary and Denver Offices as well as the US and Canadian Field Areas. I enjoy being here.

Cons

This is a tough time to be in this industry and we've had to part ways with some really good people and really strong contributors. Fortunately commodity prices are strengthening and we are in a good place going forward.

Advice to Management

Continue surrounding yourself with great people and staying out of their way.

9. "contract inspector"

Former Employee - Contract Inspector in Medicine Hat, AB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Contract Inspector in Medicine Hat, AB (Canada)

Pros

Was a good company up to 5 years ago. Too many people changes and direction changes .

Cons

Forgot who the people were in the process and it's people that make a company prosper. Too bad I consulted there for 15 years and not 1 person even remembers you.

Advice to Management

Clean house and start over. Too top heavy too many buddies. And clean house in facilities construction as well. And a company that needs a whistle-blower for contractors. Who keeps you people honest and above board.

"Tried but not enough"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I worked at Enerplus (More than 8 years)

Pros

No formal dress code, nice vacation policy, trying to have a fun corporate culture but not really succeeding too funneled and too cliquey.

Cons

They are trying to survive in this economy and in doing this HR has taken over. Getting rid of some very good people. Big changes and maybe not for the good.

11. "Welcome to Enerplus, where the only people that matter are those in HR."

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I have been working at Enerplus full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people (outside of the HR department), besides that I don't even know Enerplus anymore. It's not the same company (and not in a good way).

Cons

Where do I start? Enerplus has been taken over by HR and I'm sick and tired about hearing that "they care" when they don't. Their actions show opposite to this ridiculous culture they've imposed on everyone. They think that they are the most important people in the company and forget that there are many more people other then them. Get you heads out of the sand.

Advice to Management

Look at what HR is doing behind the scene. You have a lot of great employees (many who have been let go) who had/have Enerplus' best intentions. HR throws people under the bus a lot and they can't be trusted.