Entech Engineering P.c. Reviews | Glassdoor

1. "Fast Growing"

Current Employee - Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Entech Engineering P.c. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They are quickly expanding and getting lots of new contracts and projects. Many opportunities to develop your career, make more money and get mentored.

Cons

office is getting crowded, but they are moving to a larger space in a few months

""Great Company""

Current Employee - Bim Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Bim Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Entech Engineering P.c. full-time

Pros

I did an internship in spring 2013 at Entech and now I have been working in the company for almost two years.

The experience I had so far is really positive. If you are looking for a great opportunity to learn and grow as a professional this is your place.

Entech is a middle size company that is growing really fast. I have been working both, at Entech's office and at a client's office and both experiences have been really good.

Working at a growing consulting company, like Entech, forces you to not to stay in your comfort zone and to work on a lot of different tasks and projects, which I consider a perfect way to move forward in your career.

Everyone at Entech is really nice, helpful and close, from colleagues to managers, therefore the environment at work is very nice. Entech also organizes different cultural and social events which help a lot to get to know other employees that work in the field or in other offices and for team building. My favorites are the Christmas and Summer parties, but I also enjoyed a lot the monthly Friday lunches and the soccer team games.

Cons

I cannot think of any con at the moment.

"professional and Supportive Environment-Lots of oportunities"

Current Employee - Civil Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Civil Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Entech Engineering P.c. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Almost all people that I've worked with are professional and supportive.
    - The company is well known and has built a good reputation in the market
    - Top management employees are helpful and supportive
    - The salaries are competitive in design or construction projects
    - The company has gained momentum in getting more jobs due to well performance of the employees on the projects.
    - Benefits are decent
    - Good opportunities are available to get raise and promotions
    - social events

Cons

No that I know of now

"Great Internship Experience, Awesome place to work, Great People"

Former Intern - Intern in New York, NY
    Former Intern - Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Entech Engineering P.c. as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked at EnTech Engineering over the summer as an intern. While I primarily assisted the marketing team, I had the opportunity to engage in other areas of work outside of my expected responsibilities, both within and outside the firm. I always felt that I could ask anyone for help within the firm at any time, whether it be an employee from another division or even the president herself. My manager was very sweet, and always made sure that I had work to do and could seek assistance at any time even with her busy schedule. EnTech developed into a fast growing firm when I began working there, yet it still has that small company charm and truly feels like a close knit family, which is crucial to both an engaging work environment and long term success of the company. I truly miss working at EnTech and all of the great people I've met there, and if I were not going into the financial industry I would certainly want to work there again.

Cons

Really cannot think of any that are company-specific

"Positive Experience at a Growing Engineering Firm"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Entech Engineering P.c. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

EnTech is a welcoming & friendly working environment with highly motivated employees. Managers and directors are professional and courteous to their staff and vice versa. Work is engaging and challenging, and there is never an unbalanced pressure to meet deadlines early etc..There is always an equal division of work btwn fellow employees; You can also work flexible hours upon request.. The CEO is very earnest and approachable. She maintains a consistent understanding of employees' specific needs and will always listen and work with you to reach a agreement. There is no lack of respect lower down the hierarchy, which you will find at other companies within this field. There is excellent communication between separate departments. The office also has a sweeping view of the harbor and lower Manhattan.

Cons

None to speak of yet.

"Caring owner"

Current Employee - Field Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Field Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Entech Engineering P.c. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The owner takes care of all the employees particularly does in the field. She pays nice competitive salaries and provides you with anything you need almost immediately no questions asked.

Cons

Many of the office administrative personnel do not properly speak English and seem to be all over the place.

7. "Temp work with"

Current Contractor - Contract in New York, NY
    Current Contractor - Contract in New York, NY

I have been working at Entech Engineering P.c. as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I was hired on a contract basis that promised full-time work for several months

-The pay was decent
    -Work was manageable
    -Much of the work could be performed at home
    -Company itself seemed fine

Cons

-The work was at no point full-time and instead of job termination they simply stopped responding to emails and ceased communication.
    -The people in charge of the project were very vague as to why work was not fully available.
    -Immediate supervisors were inconsistent in communication, requirements, and training and lacked competency
    -Basic lack of professionalism in communication
    -Essentially there were weeks of semi-consistent work and then weeks of almost 0 work without any warning or communication and a lot of 'sit and wait'

Advice to Management

-More professionalism needed in interacting with employees
    -Be clear and forthcoming about the type of work being performed.

8. "Just decent"

Former Employee - Engineer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Engineer in New York, NY

I worked at Entech Engineering P.c. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Mainly nice people in the management. Easy and they are decent. If you are one that work in their industry they will work with you as well.

Cons

There is nothing fancy there. the salary is bare minimum. The benefits are non existing. There is no bonus.
    There is no professional relationship. They don't know how a professional relationship is built.
    There is no progress. If you do your job so good, or you just be a mediocre employee, there is no difference. No progress allowed.

Advice to Management

Be more professional.

9. "Good company to work with"

Current Employee - Civil Engineer
    Current Employee - Civil Engineer

I have been working at Entech Engineering P.c. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay.
    Friendly Environment.
    Good retirement plan.
    Growing company

Cons

NO Medical And Vision Insurance

10. "civil engineer"

Pros

Good Salary and benefits. Growing company.

Cons

Lack of organization and not professional managers