ExaGrid Systems, Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
Bill Andrews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Be wary if you get him for a manager, he only cares about looking good in front of his boss (in 2 reviews)

• The 401k plan could use some improvement (in 2 reviews)

1. "Great Opportunity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westborough, MA

I have been working at ExaGrid Systems, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work life balance and compensation/benefits. Constant training and sharing of new ideas to become better.

Cons

Need more social events for team members to interact with each other

"Listen to your employees"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westborough, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westborough, MA

I worked at ExaGrid Systems, Inc. full-time

Pros

Great product even though it is only marketed by the sales team. The people are great with great ideas and a lot of experience.

Cons

CEO does not listen to any ideas from employees. CEO is overbearing and is never wrong. Behind the times in marketing and social media. There is essentially no marketing. Absolutely no outside social activities organized by employer, no holiday party, no summer party, nothing.

Advice to Management

Listen to the new ideas of your employees. They may surprise you.

3. "Sales"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at ExaGrid Systems, Inc. (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great customer-centric company culture. Great customer support.

Cons

Company is very numbers focused. No problem if you make your numbers.

Advice to Management

Keep that sharp focus on the customer!

4. "Territory Sales Manager"

Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Territory Sales Manager in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at ExaGrid Systems, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Outstanding Differentiated Product
    Strong Partnerships with Veeam, Pure, Nimble & Zerto
    15 year old company with start up feel
    Consistent Executive Leadership Team for 10+ years
    Medium size company so very flat organization
    Great pay plan
    Tier 3 Technical Support assigned to each customer for no added expense.

Cons

None at this point. I am newer to the company, but I haven't seen anything that makes me regret coming to Exagrid.

Advice to Management

Keep growing the salesforce & technical support for rapid growth.

"if you wanted to be treated like a number/cog in a wheel"

Current Employee - Customer Support Engineer in Westborough, MA
    Current Employee - Customer Support Engineer in Westborough, MA

I have been working at ExaGrid Systems, Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

the Exagrid product/technology is great. it works and does what it says it will do.
    most of the people at Exagrid are very nice and are a joy to work with

Cons

Very stuffy work atmosphere, no fun, no company outings or lunches. just work, work, work.
    no work from home policy. most other high tech startups will let you work from home. Exagrid frowns on work from home because the managers like to be able to feel they are in control. People are quitting because there is no work from home allowed.
    poor management in customer support - they are not "people persons", they only care about one thing and that is making sure that they look good in front of their boss. they never give recognition when an employee does well, they have no clue how to manage people and keep their employees happy.
    its managements way or the highway, they are not open for listening to us employees ideas or thoughts.

Advice to Management

invest in your people.
    do some fun stuff for the company for a change.
    Make exagrid a fun. happy place to work.
    allow work from home, more people will be quitting because of this.
    show some recognition when an employee does well.
    maybe give a christmas bonus!! most of us are struggling paycheck to paycheck. throw us a bone once in awhile.

6. "Engineering"

Current Employee - Engineering
    Current Employee - Engineering

I have been working at ExaGrid Systems, Inc. full-time

Pros

One of the top two biggest 'pros' I can think of is that the Exagrid 'team' is composed of great people - VERY competent and sincerely working hard toward a common goal. Inter group animosity is virtually non-existent, which in my experience is quite unusual and the team environment is one of the biggest benefits of working here. Tied for top billing is that the technology is extraordinary - every day brings opportunity to improve and grow your technical repertoire in many areas - no staleness here. It's a good ride and there's no sign of slowing down. If you take pride in your work and aren't afraid to work hard, Exagrid is a really good place to work.

Cons

Benefits are pretty good, but 401K matching plan would be a big plus.

Advice to Management

Keep your eye on the ball and the competition. Keep taking care of the employees as they are the greatest resource and the key to continuity and continued forward momentum.

"good place to work, overall, but with some issues"

I have been working at ExaGrid Systems, Inc. full-time

Pros

ExaGrid has an interesting and differentiated product. It competes well against products from much larger vendors. It works and customers are happy. The support organization is first rate and keeps engineering interrupts low. Engineering is staffed with highly capable engineers, most of whom have long tenure and understand the product well. Ideas from anyone are taken seriously in engineering and in upper management. People are promoted from within. There is excellent work life balance.

Cons

Company misses on environment and benefits.

The office space needs thoughtful refurbishment. It has no informal meeting space other than managers offices and has substantial machine room noise throughout. Poor quality lighting recently installed by building owners is bad enough that the lights are kept down so engineering space is dim. There is no public transportation and there are no nearby services like cleaners or food options except cafeteria.

401k funds are overpriced because of 12b1 fees even on index funds. There's a gradual reduction in benefits - 80% to 75% of medical insurance premiums was just announced. Sick time was reduced last year.

Advice to Management

Pay some attention to environment. Spending a bit more on the office space to address noise, light, and other environmental issues is not extravagance.

Messaging around benefits plan is poor. Turnover is expensive - paying attention here is important to keeping turnover low.

8. "Principal Software Engineer"

I have been working at ExaGrid Systems, Inc. full-time

Pros

The work environment is great. It feels like a startup environment. The people are helpful and collaborative. Everyone can contribute ideas.

Cons

Somewhat of a startup environment where individuals are required to over perform versus having a large structured organization. This can be a pro for developers who like autonomy and responsibility.

Advice to Management

Please continue to do a great job identifying business needs and a roadmap to grow the business. Listen to engineering problems.

9. "Happy to have been hired"

Pros

The location works well for me. I'm happy with my office and coworkers. My pay is adequate for my position and responsibilities.

Cons

I cannot think of any cons. Maybe next year....

"Makes You A Better Businessperson"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westborough, MA

I have been working at ExaGrid Systems, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Today it's rare to find a solid, growing company that is continually accomplishing. But that is just what ExaGrid is. In my career I've never been so challenged and supported to become an expert in my field and raise my game to the next level. It's something I can take with me my entire career. You can't say that about free meals and craft beer (unless you have a little too much. Then you might carry it with you to your next job).

As the only focused independent vendor in the disk-based backup appliance space, you get to be laser-focused. There is excellent documentation for you to learn and grow from. Reporting helps you know where you are doing well, and where you need to improve your individual productivity. The data is like having a coach continually pushing you to grow and be the best, to develop habits that make you an A player.

I don't think I will ever have another experience like ExaGrid in my career. I believe it will transform who I am as a businessperson.

Cons

Some people find it hard to embrace the mindset of the company, but when you do, great things will follow.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing us to build a great company. We need you to keep us from the risk of distraction.