Executech Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.6
Eric Montague

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "They Win Awards For A Reason"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at Executech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Executech has been an amazing place to work. I used to be a new employee but the team has grown so much recently that I'm now a "veteran". The leadership team is stellar. They are supportive, open and committed to individual's success. I have felt more empowered to work independently while also collaboratively than ever before. There are frequent and fun team activities and events. The team I work with has a fun culture and friendship together. This is seriously a company you want to work for and stay at for years.

Cons

Haven't found anything to complain about yet!

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

2. "Patience Is The Companion of Wisdom"

I have been working at Executech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This place is by far one of the best companies that I have worked for. This job isn't for everyone and the work isn't easy. The rewards however, are the best out there!
    The thing I love about Executech is that every day there is something new to be learned. When I first started out at Executech it was a very scary place to be at. You're surrounded by so much knowledge and awesomeness in IT subjects that it was easy for me to get intimidated. In previous jobs if you were to ask a question, you would have the ego response. "Let me tell you all about my awesome knowledge and why you're an idiot for asking". Here, it is all about how Executech can help you understand your question, the possible solutions to it, and options for your clients. You then get to work with your client and implement a solution that is suited to them.
    The second-best thing that I love about this company is that we’re all about the people! There’s been countless times where I’ve relied on the team behind me to make me successful. I’m not just talking about the work life. Everyone in this company will drop whatever they’re doing to come help you out. They just need to know how and when they can help you out.
    The third-best thing that I love about this company is that we work hard and we play hard. We’re held accountable to meet our client’s expectations (when we’re supposed to be onsite, how long they expect us to be there, and maintaining the relationships). It is awesome to be a part of company that is awarded for so many things. It makes me proud that I’m helping create an atmosphere, working with my clients, and bettering the company to make those awards possible.
    The fourth-best thing that I love about this company is that <insert any employee’s name> cares for me being successful here. It is awesome that I can call the CEO/Owner up at any time of day and he will answer me. He will then bring up something we talked about a year ago and ask how it worked out. Since our new restructure of Executech, I was hesitant that I would be comfortable relying on the new VPs of our divisions to reflect the way the CEO/Owner cared about us. It’s a huge shoe to fill and I personally believe they’re doing a fantastic job.
    The final thing that I love about this company is the atmosphere of being a family business. We’re not a family business in the typical sense but I know anyone at Executech has my back. Whether it be unrealistic expectations from a client or personal coaching to make me better when I’ve made a mistake. It’s amazing to work for a company where I don’t fear of losing my job because of a mistake. I’ve been given coaching sessions that isn’t the typical “write up” most businesses have. It always ends in me wanting to work harder for the company.

Cons

The only con to this job is that you're apart of something amazing and that comes with being busy. Everyday there's something we're encountering that we have to figure out. Whether that be employee growth, temporary client load, or other items that make us busy. Being a consultant we have to realize that we need to work on the foundations of what has made us great and stick to it.

Advice to Management

Keep on being awesome and responding to our needs. Make sure that you're always available and attentive to our visible and possible hidden needs.

"I Love working at Executech!"

Current Employee - Team Lead/Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Team Lead/Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Executech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The Owner of Executech is a top notch individual. He doesn't treat you like he is better than you and he is willing to do anything for you.

You learn a lot! You will gain more knowledge working for a company like Executech than you ever will working a single IT position in a large company.

The company is growing fast! There are 7 X's the amount of employees now from the time I started.

We always do a couple large activities each year as a company, have awesome Holiday parties, do Charity Shopping and try to do quarterly Team activities to keep the Culture alive.

I could go on and on.

Cons

Some people find it hard to adjust to this type of environment. You have to be able to maintain a client load, keep them happy and also adjust your schedule to be able to prioritize things that come up. If you stick with it, it gets easier.

Advice to Management

Keep looking at ways to keep the Culture and grow the company.

"Great company and Lots of Opportunity to Learn"

Current Employee - Network Administrator in South Jordan, UT
    Current Employee - Network Administrator in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at Executech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is a lot of variety. I enjoy working with everyone. My team lead is a great friend and I enjoy working with him. I have been here a while and love it. I really enjoy everything that I have learned and the support I have received.

Cons

The job is challenging. When I started, I didn't realize how fast paced it would be. I have learned to enjoy that part of the job, at first it took a while to get used to it.

Advice to Management

I love the growth. It is amazing to be party of it. Help others that are new to see the overall vision early.

5. "Okay, but Not Great."

Former Employee - IT Consultant in South Jordan, UT
    Former Employee - IT Consultant in South Jordan, UT

I worked at Executech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you like to learn new things and have good stress management skills, it can be a very useful spot to land. I learned alot and pushed myself harder than ever before.

Cons

You will be thrown into situations that you shouldn't be involved in. They would take a Mac guy who's never touched a network device and throw him at a network overhaul with no prior training. The culture attempts to appear "like family" but if you have any sense, you'd see that it's all a part of the show. Work-life balance? Forget about that concept. You are at the beckon call of your clients who may have no respect for your personal time. Vacation is lackluster and the pay is well below average, considering you'll be operating at 100 mph at all times. In summary, this place would make you consider leaving IT behind to go do manual labor for the same pay because it'll seem like a vacation compared to Executech.

Advice to Management

Restructure how you assign clients. If you must throw an inexperienced guy at a client that he can't support, at least train him on the basics of their environment or pair him with someone who can help ease him into it first. Change your billing antics.

"No structure"

Former Employee - IT Consultant
    Former Employee - IT Consultant

I worked at Executech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a perfect place for mid-entry-level IT personnel. You are exposed to dozens of different companies, configurations, preferences, etc. You will learn a lot real fast if you have the right mindset. Great place for someone right out of college needing to kick start their IT career.

Cons

I'm baffled to see positive reviews when googling this company. It's definitely employees that are well into their career there trying to boost ratings. That being said I feel it important to share my honest experience with Executech. First off your interview there makes it sound like you're going to be doing something totally different and "more structured" that you actually do. When you first come aboard your first day or two are probably the only structured days you will have there. They offer training in the morning and throughout most of the day, but not the whole day. Some days longer than others. Great. However afterwards you are expected to go "shadow" another employee. This has got to be the most disorganized system there. I can't tell you how many times I was left with no direction, no one to shadow because "things came up and they couldn't". It was a stressful mess. A company that is built on serving so many other companies that organization has got to be a priority especially for new employees. This job is severely stressful. There is little to no work/life balance as you have no idea from day to day where you'll be, how long you'll be there, and how far away from home you'll be. I remember traveling from one end of the valley to the other even though I was assigned to a specific geographic location. Tools and resources are frustrating. You're given some basic tools to get started but you are required to establish your own arsenal, now if you're not a seasoned IT person this can be rough and take a long time to build up a specific tool set that will combat most scenarios. They do prepare you for that.

There is a common phrased passed around there to newbs, "it's like drinking from multiple fire hoses". There are a lot of incredibly talented IT people out there that have a lot to offer however this principle is messed up with this company. It literally is like drinking from ten fire hoses. It's true most new hires don't last more than a couple weeks because of the lack of graduated structure to build trust and instill confidence. It's sad to me, because I know this company could be so much more if they took more time to value their new hires and have dedicated time and teams to make it happen. The other issue there are with "dispatches" Oh this one is a nightmare. Team members are expected to maintain their hours with their clients which for most take up most of the day. They are encouraged to double or triple bill while at a client they are working at. Hate to say it but not the most ethical. However when dispatches come in team members are pressured to leave whatever they are doing to go drive who knows where to take care of a situation. This can cause all sorts of frustration given whatever the situation may be. There are those who don't have much going on that take them, and for the most part it goes smoothly. I strongly suggest that a dedicated team is established for this type of thing. When employees have 10 plus clients to look after, the last thing they need is to worry about a dispatch. But that's my opinion. PTO is another joke, ya there is this thing called unlimited PTO, but if you're good enough to attain it, you're busy enough to never be able to use it. You're at the mercy of asking for people to cover all your clients before you can take off. This can take weeks to do. No way you can do anything last minute, and forget ever getting sick. There are a lot of people that will kindly take said clients for individuals but it's all based on luck.

Your first three months are rough! You have to drive your car everywhere and that wear and tear is not for everyone. You do get mileage reimbursement, but that hardly matters when you're putting so much strain on your own vehicle. Company vehicles should be used for any company business if trying to maintain a certain image. Privileges to keep the car at home should be the perk of staying there for more than 90 days. The car situation is definitely something that needs to change to keep good quality employees on staff and wanting to work hard to grow the business.

In conclusion I know there are a lot of negatives, but coming from someone who has worked many years in the IT field this is definitely a frustrating place to end up if you're mid-career. It definitely feels like a step backwards. There are tons of incredibly smart people that work there and you can learn a lot from them, but most those people have been there for a while and grew with the rapid growth. Be aware before applying, know what you're getting into. It can be a great challenge and one worth taking on if you have the right stuff, right mindset and attitude. It's not for everyone.

Advice to Management

Please see above cons and really start to focus on the onboarding process and build up the new hires confidence and create a good structure for them for the few month or so. I can't tell you how frustrating, scary and hard it was to have no idea what you'd be doing if anything the next day.

7. "Office Manager"

I worked at Executech part-time

Pros

At the time I was employed there, it was family owned and the owner was a wonderful person to work for.

Cons

The company has sold to someone else - I do not have knowledge of the working conditions currently.

"Amazing Company... to work for and to work with!"

Current Employee - IT Consultant/Onsite Systems Administrator in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at Executech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

That is a very long list but I will narrow it down to a few:
    -company culture is great,
    -incentives & compensation are awesome,
    -your hours are flexible so the work/life balance is good,
    -the company is growing so there are amble opportunities for growth,
    -you are valued as an employee and are recognized when you work hard and reward you if you go above and beyond,
    -the sense of team is amazing, you can always rely on the team to support and help you when you need it,
    -the owner makes it a habit to know all the employees, all the clients and stays up IT to help support his team of technicians.
    I could go on and on. It is a great company to work for and if you were to see all the letter of recommendations that we get from clients, it is also a great company to work with.

Cons

For some people the driving could be considered excessive but it doesn't bother me at all. The cost of insurance is higher then I am used to but the other benefits and compensation out way that cost.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work you are doing for your employees and for your clients!

"From a Job to Career"

I have been working at Executech full-time

Pros

I have never worked for a company who was more caring about their employees. We work hard, we have great benefits and incentives. You can have unlimited income potential. SPFs are earned, bonus structure exists, 100% employer paid medical for employee, 401K, etc. You get out of it what you put in to it and becomes a way of life. Some Travel happens to support clients which is awesome. You are truly apart of a team of techs who support each other beyond work.

Cons

Con is a poor word but you have adjustment period when you start working here. You will learn a new way to tech and manage clients. But once adopted, you will find success.

Advice to Management

Management Team with Executech is working hard to make all adjustments as the market changes. It is awesome that they are available to employees when need to and even the CEO/President has clients that he manages.

"Great Company!"

Current Employee - IT Consultant in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at Executech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Leaders rubberband employee's to management, room for growth and training. You are responsible for your clients.

Cons

Lot's of work, too much at times. Very demanding in some areas. You are constantly thrown into situations that are hard to solve/fix.