Executech Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.9
Eric Montague

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Company with Great Roots! Heading places!"

Current Employee - Manager in South Jordan, UT
    Current Employee - Manager in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at Executech full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Executech was founded on great principles that they still live by today.

One of the main principles is ownership. They ask everyone at the company to act as if they were the owner when making decisions. They reward taking ownership and they are forgiving if mistakes are made in that process.

Family culture is another principle that they try to live by. It’s hard with the incredible growth, but it is still forefront on everyone’s mind.

Growth opportunities, with the great growth, comes great chances to learn new skills and progress in your career. It won’t be easy, but it is worth the work and sometimes the wait.

Cons

Growth is hard, it takes a lot of work to grow a company from one person to over 100 employees. With that growth comes growing pains, but I can see the commitment in everyone to overcome the pains and takes this company to great new places.

Advice to Management

Love your team! Help them see the future and what it means to each of them personally.

"Excellent Company, but there are flaws"

Current Employee - IT Consultant in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - IT Consultant in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Executech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Culture, and very supportive of their techs. Are generally flexible and reasonable in most matters.

I highly reccomened working for them. IF you live in an area with high client density.

Cons

They have ZERO support and accommodations for techs that live and work in areas with little clientele. You will have to work 14 hour days frequently to make your minimum hours. This will cause some work friction and put you under the bar for any kind of advancement in position or pay.

Advice to Management

Work more with you "satellite techs" to expand the business. I can't speak for others, but i hate sitting on my butt waiting for work to come my way, it makes me very nervous about my job security.

We want to work, please put us to work.

Jul 31, 2018 – Marketing Communications Manager

Hello, thank you for your review and for your honest feedback. We want to ensure that all our employees are finding fulfilment in their jobs and performing at a high level. We hope to make continuing... More

3. "They've Lost Their Way"

Current Employee - IT Consultant
    Current Employee - IT Consultant

I have been working at Executech full-time

Pros

Good place to get your feet wet and learn a lot of stuff at once.

Cons

They used to be a people company but ever since they hired their new COO and became part of an investment group, they've become numbers driven and have lost their focus on caring for their employees.

They're losing good people left and right, and will continue to do so until they focus on making their employees happy and realizing that the consultants are the ones out there making the money.

Advice to Management

Become a people company again. We know numbers are important but if you keep losing people because you care more about what Evergreen demands then the happiness of your employees you're not going to succeed, at least not in the way you originally wanted to.

Also stop hiring people with Tier 1 skills, putting them into Tier 3 situations with no training, or at the very least a heads up on what they should focus on, and then act confused when they fail or the clients get upset.

Jul 31, 2018 – Marketing Communications Manager

Hello, thank you for your review and honest feedback. We regret that you feel we have lost our way. As we look to grow and improve, we are working hard to make sure we hold true to what we value... More

4. "Steer Clear This place is drinking its own kool-aid."

Former Employee - Field Service Technician in South Jordan, UT
    Former Employee - Field Service Technician in South Jordan, UT

I worked at Executech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Not many. So few I cant really even think of them.

Cons

A very "Clicky" place. The office staff wont even bother learning your name because turn over there is so high. I've seen people get fired there for the dumbest stuff ever. The CEO tries to act like he gives a crap who you are. That is just crap. He says he has got an "Open Door Policy" That's crap too. I tried to take advantage of his OD policy and got brushed away. They put on lots of community events to put there faces out there and make them look good. Its really too bad they do not give there employees the same acknowledgment and respect. But I guess that wouldn't be making them any money so... This place puts on a real good front. I was fooled. Do not let it happen to you.

Advice to Management

Get off your high horse your not as cool as you think.

Jul 31, 2018 – Marketing Communications Manager

We are a people first company and strive to always treat others with respect and encouragement. This review was left by a former employee who was employed for fewer than 3 months and did not agree... More

"You’re not just an employee, but a member of the family!"

Former Employee - Onsight Systems Administrator in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Onsight Systems Administrator in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Executech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I only recently left Executech and it was one of the most difficult decisions I have ever had to make. Executech truly valued me as a member of the team, and provided me many opportunities for growth during my tenure.

I would highly recommend Executech to anyone who recognizes that working in IT really does require a human touch.

Although I have chosen to pursue another opportunity at this time, I know that I’m the IT Professional I am today because of who Executech helped me to become.

I will be forever grateful for the memories I have with my fellow technicians. Such a wonderful company!

Cons

As many other reviews have already suggested, Executech is a fast-paced environment which requires dedication, commitment, and efficient time management. Also, you may likely have to travel for a large majority of your day depending on client needs. However, if you stay focused on your responsibilities and client commitments then you will be able to manage as well as any other job with any other employer.

Advice to Management

I have loved my time at Executech because of the wonderful corporate morals that align perfectly with my own individual morals. Morals such as: honesty, empathy, empowerment, and valuing others. Continue to maintain those morals and Executech will continue to be healthy and grow.

Thank you for the opportunity to be a member of something that is truly special!

"Good company to work"

I worked at Executech full-time

Pros

Good team to work with, a lot of knowledge

Cons

Make sure you have written documentation if you ever go to talk to management/HR. Get your conversations in writing so that there are no miscommunication.

Jan 8, 2018 – Marketing Communications Manager

Hello, we're sorry to hear that you felt there was miscommunication. One of the things we pride ourselves on at Executech that you mentioned yourself, is our team. Our team is tight-knit and has... More

7. "They Win Awards For A Reason"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at Executech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Executech has been an amazing place to work. I used to be a new employee but the team has grown so much recently that I'm now a "veteran". The leadership team is stellar. They are supportive, open and committed to individual's success. I have felt more empowered to work independently while also collaboratively than ever before. There are frequent and fun team activities and events. The team I work with has a fun culture and friendship together. This is seriously a company you want to work for and stay at for years.

Cons

Haven't found anything to complain about yet!

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

8. "Patience Is The Companion of Wisdom"

Current Employee - IT Consultant in South Jordan, UT
    Current Employee - IT Consultant in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at Executech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This place is by far one of the best companies that I have worked for. This job isn't for everyone and the work isn't easy. The rewards however, are the best out there!
    The thing I love about Executech is that every day there is something new to be learned. When I first started out at Executech it was a very scary place to be at. You're surrounded by so much knowledge and awesomeness in IT subjects that it was easy for me to get intimidated. In previous jobs if you were to ask a question, you would have the ego response. "Let me tell you all about my awesome knowledge and why you're an idiot for asking". Here, it is all about how Executech can help you understand your question, the possible solutions to it, and options for your clients. You then get to work with your client and implement a solution that is suited to them.
    The second-best thing that I love about this company is that we’re all about the people! There’s been countless times where I’ve relied on the team behind me to make me successful. I’m not just talking about the work life. Everyone in this company will drop whatever they’re doing to come help you out. They just need to know how and when they can help you out.
    The third-best thing that I love about this company is that we work hard and we play hard. We’re held accountable to meet our client’s expectations (when we’re supposed to be onsite, how long they expect us to be there, and maintaining the relationships). It is awesome to be a part of company that is awarded for so many things. It makes me proud that I’m helping create an atmosphere, working with my clients, and bettering the company to make those awards possible.
    The fourth-best thing that I love about this company is that <insert any employee’s name> cares for me being successful here. It is awesome that I can call the CEO/Owner up at any time of day and he will answer me. He will then bring up something we talked about a year ago and ask how it worked out. Since our new restructure of Executech, I was hesitant that I would be comfortable relying on the new VPs of our divisions to reflect the way the CEO/Owner cared about us. It’s a huge shoe to fill and I personally believe they’re doing a fantastic job.
    The final thing that I love about this company is the atmosphere of being a family business. We’re not a family business in the typical sense but I know anyone at Executech has my back. Whether it be unrealistic expectations from a client or personal coaching to make me better when I’ve made a mistake. It’s amazing to work for a company where I don’t fear of losing my job because of a mistake. I’ve been given coaching sessions that isn’t the typical “write up” most businesses have. It always ends in me wanting to work harder for the company.

Cons

The only con to this job is that you're apart of something amazing and that comes with being busy. Everyday there's something we're encountering that we have to figure out. Whether that be employee growth, temporary client load, or other items that make us busy. Being a consultant we have to realize that we need to work on the foundations of what has made us great and stick to it.

Advice to Management

Keep on being awesome and responding to our needs. Make sure that you're always available and attentive to our visible and possible hidden needs.

"I Love working at Executech!"

Current Employee - Team Lead/Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Team Lead/Manager in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Executech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The Owner of Executech is a top notch individual. He doesn't treat you like he is better than you and he is willing to do anything for you.

You learn a lot! You will gain more knowledge working for a company like Executech than you ever will working a single IT position in a large company.

The company is growing fast! There are 7 X's the amount of employees now from the time I started.

We always do a couple large activities each year as a company, have awesome Holiday parties, do Charity Shopping and try to do quarterly Team activities to keep the Culture alive.

I could go on and on.

Cons

Some people find it hard to adjust to this type of environment. You have to be able to maintain a client load, keep them happy and also adjust your schedule to be able to prioritize things that come up. If you stick with it, it gets easier.

Advice to Management

Keep looking at ways to keep the Culture and grow the company.

"Great company and Lots of Opportunity to Learn"

Current Employee - Network Administrator in South Jordan, UT
    Current Employee - Network Administrator in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at Executech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is a lot of variety. I enjoy working with everyone. My team lead is a great friend and I enjoy working with him. I have been here a while and love it. I really enjoy everything that I have learned and the support I have received.

Cons

The job is challenging. When I started, I didn't realize how fast paced it would be. I have learned to enjoy that part of the job, at first it took a while to get used to it.

Advice to Management

I love the growth. It is amazing to be party of it. Help others that are new to see the overall vision early.