FarmTek Reviews | Glassdoor

2.6
FarmTek CEO Barry Goldsher
Barry Goldsher
  1. Featured Review

"Unexpected surprise for someone that never thought about a career in sales"

Current Employee - Sales in South Windsor, CT

I have been working at FarmTek full-time

Pros

No cold calling . Customers call you and you help them. No travel. Making more money then I thought I would. Less than 45 hours a week. I didn't experience what some of the older reviews did but there seem to be newer stuff for employees like food and increased benefits.

Cons

Lots of product to learn. There is a push to close sales. Computer system took time to learn.

Advice to Management

Some managers seem aloof, encourage them to be more outgoing.

FarmTek2019-03-26

"Business Development Manager"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in South Windsor, CT

I have been working at FarmTek full-time for less than a year

Pros

Family Friendly Office, lots of team building events to keep a positive attitude. Plenty of resources available

Cons

Salary not competitive below average

Advice to Management

Stay engaged, supportive and involved

FarmTek2018-06-27

"Set up for failure"

I worked at FarmTek full-time for less than a year

Pros

Working at this company is like buying a boat. The best day is the first one. You'll be met with empty promises of advancement, fake smiles of the OG's who know better, etc. In reality, it progressively gets worse. The next best day is the last day when you get laid off. If you can sell a bottle of ketchup to the queen of England, you just might have a chance.

Cons

Inept management, if you don't fit their exact mold - and most people don't, you get the boot. If you're one minute late into the office (even during a blizzard), you get a verbal warning. Do this a few more times and its a written warning. This place is cut throat to the T. The president roams the halls listening in on phone calls. If he doesn't like what he hears, you're gone. Every phone call is recorded to...

Advice to Management

Dissolve the company.

FarmTek2019-04-10
  4. "Bootcamp for Sales"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in South Windsor, CT

I worked at FarmTek full-time for more than a year

Pros

Ability to take tons of inbound sales calls. You can apply new sales skills fast and get a lot of experience

Cons

Sink or Swim method of selection. Not a good first sales job.

Advice to Management

More in depth coaching for struggling salespeople would help develop those with potential.

FarmTek2018-10-24
  5. "Decision Time"

I have been working at FarmTek full-time

Pros

In sales, if you work hard, you make good $$. Large company with smaller company feel. Great Coworkers.

Cons

Accountability could be stronger. Small company feel has allowed long term comfort for those who feel protected.

Advice to Management

Fight to keep good employees, keep moving forward and add people who are willing to adjust and move forward with a forward thinking company. The next few weeks will be a true test of new initiatives. Who will be held accountable while the entire company watches on?

FarmTek2018-08-28

"Stay away. Far, far away"

Former Employee - Sales Manager

I worked at FarmTek

Pros

They pay you, just not enough

Cons

Some co workers and I had a nickname for this place. We called it the Gulag. When you interview they paint a rosy picture, but when you work there might as well be a shackle around your ankle and a man with a whip roaming the aisles. The jobs are never what they describe, the owner micromanages everyone beyond belief, and people get fired with little or no cause on a fairly frequent basis.

Advice to Management

Sell the company. You don’t belong in business.

FarmTek2018-08-12

"Great company with room for growth"

I have been working at FarmTek full-time

Pros

Stable company with a great growth plan. Culture is improving everyday. We are striving to be a better company. Family like environment. The company promotes outside events for team building with family involvement which is nice.

Cons

Overcoming our past corporate culture is challenging at times but we are making great strides to better the environment.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to employees and make positive changes.

FarmTek2018-05-03

"National account Managet"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Windsor, CT

I worked at FarmTek full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The best part of Farmtek is seeing it on your last day in the rear view mirror.

Cons

CEO, the Managers. Total disregard for employees.

Advice to Management

Sell the company. Life on earth is a short time. The hardship you caused cannot be undone. You are unfair to employees and customers amilike.

FarmTek2018-05-30

"Cons far outweigh the Pros"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Windsor, CT

I worked at FarmTek full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It’s a job where you can make money and put food on the table for your family. It will be a very different experience depending what department you work in. If you want a job where you don’t have any say and just do what you’re told, this is a good place for you.

Cons

I honestly think the biggest problem is lack of work-life balance. They follow a point system for attendance that’s extremely frustrating and very flawed. Your vacation and personal time is very limited during your first few years and they don’t seem to care at all about your personal life and that things happen sometimes. The pay rate is below the state and national average, which definitely makes employer’s motivation...

Advice to Management

Listen to your employers concerns more instead of making irrational excuses. Act like you have faith that your workers are actually trying and working hard to better the company. The micromanaging needs to be seriously worked on.

FarmTek2018-02-14
  10. "Solid company to work for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Windsor, CT

I have been working at FarmTek full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Company has been around for over 35 years Morale is important to company managers Many opportunities for promotion or transferring to other departments Fellow employees are easy to get along with and will help you out No one has a "that's not my job" attitude Diverse product offerings that are used by companies and consumers Constant new product development

Cons

All companies have faults and this one is no different. There is really nothing extraordinary that is a negative.

Advice to Management

Continue to work hard to grow the company

FarmTek2017-12-05