Firstrust Bank Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Richard J. Green

1. "Loan Operations Assistant"

Former Employee - Direct Care Worker in Abington, PA
    Former Employee - Direct Care Worker in Abington, PA

I worked at Firstrust Bank full-time

Pros

Management treats everyone well. Good work environment.

Cons

A little hard to get things accomplished in a timely manner.

2. "Not a Great Experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Conshohocken, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Conshohocken, PA

I worked at Firstrust Bank full-time

Pros

Good relationship with co-workers at the branch level
    President is a good person

Cons

Poor Compensation compared to Banking Peers on an annual basis
    Unwillingness to invest or spend money to improve company
    Bank failed to be in the' 21st Century'
    Not a great place to work as a Millennial

"Credit Analyst"

Current Employee - Credit Analyst in Conshohocken, PA
    Current Employee - Credit Analyst in Conshohocken, PA

I have been working at Firstrust Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Strong senior management team. Work-life good balance. Work time 9-5, rarely need to work overtime.

Cons

Low salary and mediocre benefits.

5. "Great place to work! People here care about customers and about each other!"

Current Employee - Manager in Horsham, PA
    Current Employee - Manager in Horsham, PA

I have been working at Firstrust Bank (More than 3 years)

Pros

Strong leadership who care about their customers, their people and the long term success of the organization! Strong family and community feel. Many have worked here a long time but as a newer employee, I was always made to feel very welcome. Employees here genuinely care for each other and the organization as a whole and strive to do the right thing for our customers and the bank.

Cons

While a smaller bank means possibly limited movement for career growth, there seems to always be an opportunity to expand my role to develop myself. While the organization may move slower in some areas, I would prefer that over a bank or organization that was constantly changing its direction or message.

Advice to Management

Like all companies, be sure that communications remain strong. Employees always need to be communicated with on issues that impact them and the organization to better understand the organizational direction and to help ensure the bank's success. Senior management here clearly cares about their people.

6. "Part-time Teller"

Former Employee - Teller in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Firstrust Bank part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Overall nice customers. Working part time creates nice work/life balance (besides not making much money). Customers were really nice.

Cons

Low pay. No growth. Seems all bonuses and raises go to back office employees. Branch management was not helpful in my opinion. A lot of favoritism. Seemed like certain people were forced to pick up the allowed slack of others.

Advice to Management

Respect branch employees. Create competitive products and promotions.

7. "Great company for work-life balance, but not the best career opportunity"

Former Employee - IT DB Programmer in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - IT DB Programmer in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Firstrust Bank full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Relaxed, flexible schedule and work hours, great benefits and work-life balance. Very friendly employees, most have worked here years and are devoted to the company.

Cons

Older technology stack, not much development to be done. Also not sure there was enough it work to justify the position

Advice to Management

Move toward upgrading older systems. Perhaps a satellite office in CC would boost IT dept talent.

8. "Don't expect anything in return."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Firstrust Bank full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Almost everyone who works for the company is beyond nice! You won't mind going to work everyday. The work they do for charity is admirable.

Cons

Branch employees went five years with no raise and sporadic bonuses. NO OVERTIME!

Advice to Management

Give bonuses to branch employees. Even if the branch doesn't meet all of it's goals, if it is still profitable, the employees there deserve a bonus AND a raise. They deserve to feel appreciated for all of the crap the customers put them through on a daily basis. We are told branch employees are the face of the bank, but you wouldn't stop washing your face for five years, would you? If back office gets raises, branch employees should too. If the bank is doing well enough to give raises to half of its employees, AND have a Christmas party, then it can afford to give raises to ALL of its employees. Even a cost of living raise is better than nothing!
    Also, bring back overtime!!! There are branches that it would make life SOOO much easier if we could just work a Saturday for OT instead of having to take the day off from work during the week. It leads to unnecessary scheduling conflicts and confusion. A few hours of OT, every once in a while, should not be that big of a deal. Although again, I hear people in back office work it ALL THE TIME! Thanks.

9. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Teller in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Firstrust Bank part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Employees, friendly and fun atmosphere, great for first time jobs, learning experience, interaction with clients.

I worked at Firstrust right out of college and it was definitely a learning experience. My coworkers were friendly, helpful and the atmosphere was great. I had the privledge to work with friendly customers. This bank truly has a "family feel" and I would reccomend this bank to anyone looking for a job.

Cons

Benefits and Pay are not very competitive but they are not bad compared to a few jobs. Harder to grow within a branch, although not impossible. Small knit team may not be for everyone.

10. "Great Family-owned Bank"

Former Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in Ardmore, PA
    Former Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in Ardmore, PA

I worked at Firstrust Bank full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Much better atmosphere or "culture" than many national or regional banks. Fewer levels of management means less micromanaging of front line employees. Fantastic compensation compared to industry competitors. Very dedicated to their employees.

Cons

Small company means very few opportunities for advancement. Despite being family owned, the bank's available accounts and customer fees and policies are identical to larger competitors.

Advice to Management

Take better advantage of being family owned by further differentiating yourselves from larger competitors with regards to available account types, services offered, and fee structuring instead of offering an identical product. Extend the culture enjoyed by employees to customers.

11. "No growth, poor leadership"

Former Employee - Marketing in Conshohocken, PA
    Former Employee - Marketing in Conshohocken, PA

Pros

Very good to the communities where we had branches; lots of giving to schools and charities; very good to high net worth customers and business owners.

Cons

No raises for three years; poor direction from senior management - constantly changing priorities; senior leadership team wouldn't accept responsibility for their poor planning and lack of skill

Advice to Management

Replace SVP of Marketing; concentrate on retail branches; support IT with more skilled leadership; shift focus from commercial group; reward long-term employees who bring value to the bank