Flight Network Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.1
Naman Budhdeo

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Good company to work with"

I have been working at Flight Network full-time

Pros

Good transparency at all levels of organization structure

Cons

Sometimes actions aren't organization growth orientated.

"Everyone is pushing hard to improve culture and company"

I have been working at Flight Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The CTO is great and tries to do his best to address every employee's concern. The company overall is doing its best at changing the culture and the communication but some employees need to pitch in on this and not expect execs to do magic. Every single person matters.

Cons

There are still mixed messages between levels of leadership and many processes still need improvement to set a better focus/goals for teams and employees. Growth and opportunities seem to be an aspect that needs a lot of elaboration still and is one that is important to every employee.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work on trying to improve the culture and the company, it shows and I hope other employees start pitching in!

"Up & coming"

I have been working at Flight Network full-time

Pros

A progressive company that has a great product as well as a plan for future growth. The move to downtown Toronto into a very cool office space will help to foster creativity. The company has great idea which just need to be executed.

Cons

Flight Network is struggling with how to make the transition from a conservative travel organization into a cool and funky technology company. Still many "old school" thinkers who are afraid to embrace the change the company is trying to make.

Advice to Management

Stick to your guns and if you truly want to be a cool and hip tech company then invest in the people and create a culture that is the total opposite of what you have now. Make it OK to have fun in the workplace!

"Fast Paced, Challenging and Fun!"

I have been working at Flight Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company is getting ready to kick butt and take names which is always exciting to be a part of. Being here for less than a year, here are some of the things I've learned to really enjoy about working at Flight Network so far:

-Challenging projects that are cross-functional in nature. I love working with and learning about different teams in the company. Opportunity to see this every day.
    -A clear effort by management to make an integrated and fun work environment. Weekly company lunches provided during update sessions, new benefits program, company band, sporting events, free snacks and breakfast to name a few.
    -Open door policy with full executive team. Each of them seem genuinely interested in hearing new ideas that have the potential to help the company grow and succeed.
    -Company is family owned, which allows for decisions to happen very quickly. There is no board of director or shareholder loopholes to go through before strategic change can take place.
    -New office moving downtown.

Cons

-There is always risk in fast growth (but equally rewards).
    -There appears to be a negative perception about working at Flight Network on this website. It was a red-flag and a deterrent for me joining at first. I'm very glad that despite what I read on here I still went through the interview process and gave the company a chance. I haven't regretted it since!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work on culture and growth!

"Looks like nothing has changed here. Still very bad."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakville, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakville, ON (Canada)

I worked at Flight Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked for this company in 2013/2014. I have since worked for its competitor. I would say that the biggest "pro" of working here is that there is a very good chance that you will love your next job/employer after you are done here.

Cons

Remember it as a very badly managed environment. I have managed to help a few employees leave this place. Reading the reviews, its sad to see the same themes occurring over again. And the fake "growth....culture change" reviews which are from management.

Advice to Management

N/A

Apr 30, 2017

We are sorry you had a negative experience working here 4 years ago, which makes it difficult to address any concerns. We have made numerous changes over the last 4 years and the responses from a... More

"Huge change in the last year"

I have been working at Flight Network full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The speed of improvements in the company is tremendous. Few things to highlight:
    - New Toronto office, with completely upgraded environment
    - Lots of cool technologies ( Rect, Redux, Angular, Java, Node )
    - Super friendly team members

Cons

I would point out lots of cons, if I would comment this 10 months ago, but all of those cons have been fixed and improved since than.

Advice to Management

Keep rolling

"Invigorating"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

I have been working at Flight Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Extremely data & insights driven
    - Maniacal focus on positive ROI projects
    - Agile
    - Flat organization
    - More responsibility beyond your job description

Cons

- No Formal training programs
    - More focus on revenue than innovation (not a con per se)

Advice to Management

A lot of movement has happened in ELT. But, so far so good. Have a good feeling about 2017.

"Frustrating"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakville, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakville, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Flight Network full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Social aspects are the only pros here.
    - Great people; the only thing that is worth showing up every day for as you are all in the same mindset
    - Fun events
    - Fam trips

Cons

- Not a competitive salary, even after many years with the company
    - Favouritism, some people can come and go as they wish or work from home as desired. Others can barely even take an hour off for an appointment and are given a hard time in an emergency situations for needing to work from home
    - People doing the jobs of 5 people
    - Expected to stay late every single night, not ideal for employees with children
    - Very very high turn around - an unhealthy amount of people fired and leaving. At what point will it become obvious that it's not the people, it's the company
    - Such a high number of employees leaving affects employees that are still there - having to cover the missed work on top of our own tasks and feeling uneasy about our position and getting fired ourselves
    - Growth opportunity is very limited, no clear path on where you can go or work towards
    - Whole company has not received pay increases or bonuses (for a couple of years in a row) because of company yearly performance (but for reasons out of employees hands that we did not meet our goals)

Advice to Management

True management training would be very beneficial. Slapping 'manager' or 'director' on someone's title does not seem to be working.

All in all, everyone who shows up here with great plans to make changes seems to get fed up and quit or gets fired for probably speaking up too much or not agreeing with someone. Why not have an adult discussion to fix the problem instead of jumping to an extreme situation right away and firing an employee who has dedicated their time and effort to your company.

Mar 27, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. With the goal of becoming an “Employer of Choice” we know we have some things to improve on and have recently made significant investments in benefits, communications... More

"There are no words anymore"

Former Employee - Technology in Oakville, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Technology in Oakville, ON (Canada)

I worked at Flight Network full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great staff when i was there - in canada and india
    going global - it is the best line they have to lure employees in.

Cons

i love to read the reviews for FN they go in cycle. for a period of time you get these horrible and true reviews. then the people who wrote them leave or get fired. Then the exec team all take a turn at writing reviews saying "change is coming" "it is getting better" and then no less then a few months go by and the cycle start again. It is laughable. FN will never ever ever change - the reason is the family. you can keep hiring/firing new execs but you can't hire a new family.

Advice to Management

the thing is that you have the right people - you just kill any spirit they have. until you change - the employees will never ever perform for you. as for the new presidents - you get it right? you are the presidents of nothing.

Mar 27, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. It is regretful that you had a negative experience working at Flight Network. Change did occur and will continue to occur. We have added more than 100 employees in the... More

"Much better than it was"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Flight Network (More than 3 years)

Pros

Current CTO is genuinely interested in changing things for the better
    Lots of interesting challenges

When I started with Flight Network there were many challenges. Lots of people with embedded knowledge working all hours of the day and night to keep it together. This certainly caused some dissension. Over the past year things have gradually turned around so that heroic efforts are no longer required on a daily basis. I've been in the IT business for a long time and know that this process takes a long time, but with C-level dedication it can be done and the end result is much better

Cons

Don't have any at this time

Advice to Management

Don't lose the momentum you have now.