Cover image for Flywheel Software

Found 15 of over 15 reviews
36% Recommend to a Friend
62% Approve of CEO

Found 15 of over 15 reviews

Flywheel Software CEO Steve Humphreys (no image)
Steve Humphreys

77 Comments

Tech

570.3K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Flywheel Software~656539
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Flywheel Software? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Flywheel Software employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Innovative product (TaxiOS) and all-star management team in tough industry

Jun 16, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Good culture -Innovative technology -Management team fosters transparency

Cons

-Painful industry (taxis) -Long hours during crunchtime

2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Poisened by ex leadership

Apr 19, 2016 - Operations in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Small team, lots of autonomy, get the chance to level up if you stay long enough.

Cons

Tons of politics, strictly a top down structure, not resourced to get your job done, the drivers you serve or at best unappreciative of what you do, at worst hostile, no culture.

3. Join the Flywheel Software team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 4.0

Operations

Apr 21, 2017 - Operations in Redwood City, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

-If you work hard you can move up quick. -your voice is heard -good idea for a product -a bunch of snacks and free lunch -my opinion was respected and i had a voice -the CEO was very cool to me and other employees, I don't know why he's getting such a bad wrap on here -they gave me opportunities, good salary, moved up in the company - they do value hard work (I am basing the star rating mostly on my experience as an employee)

Cons

The idea is good but they're going about it all wrong. Competing with Uber is difficult enough but the main problem is the product is that it offers no benefits. -even more expensive than a regular taxi cab -taxi drivers offer terrible service -taxi drivers have a very difficult time trying to use the app -taxi's are dying and the industry will soon be gone in many places - Manifest destiny/ride share evolution -there's no chance of this company competing with Uber or Lyft especially with a product offering no upside using it -only a matter of time before the company goes under -the leadership was lacking.. Questionable hires (the CEO did hire his babysitters for management roles - did not go well) -random/sloppy decisions lead to a failed project that lead to the loss of many jobs -a lot of smart people left in loads. New hires all the time to replace people leaving or fired -taxi drivers are usually just terrible.

5. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

It was pretty good

Apr 29, 2015 - Brand Ambassador
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Nice management -Fun work atmosphere -Worked as a brand ambassador so all you had to do was be friendly and spread the word about flywheel

Cons

-Event marketing -so I didn't get to know my schedule for the next month in the summer months -Talking to people to get them to download the application got tiresome, but if you have a lot of energy it's good -Manager set the bar high for how many downloads she wanted and so almost all the time we didn't reach the goal that can become a let down and then can lead to employees not caring about the goal

6. 3.0
    Former Employee

Was pretty good then turned bad with the new CEO

Nov 30, 2015 - Product Management in Redwood City, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Tight knit culture - Cool product

Cons

- Fairly unsuccessful business model - Lack of growth - Getting beaten out by competitors - Heard new executive team are micro-mangers and terrible

4 people found this review helpful
  7. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great learning experience and exciting space

Aug 1, 2013 - Sales in Redwood City, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Sales Leadership and Marketing team

Cons

During my tenure, the product could not keep up

8. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

A company ruined by poor management and nepotism

Dec 16, 2015 - Developer in Redwood City, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Typical startup perks: snacks, lunches and relaxed office environment. Nice location in downtown Redwood City.

Cons

Poor management. CTO micromanaged every aspect of development: No Agile. No Waterfall. No project management whatsoever. Impulsive decision making from CTO. Contradictory decision making from executive team. Nepotism. The CEO hired two of his nannies and his nephew for jobs within the company. Yappy dog running around the office. Lack of growth: Stagnant company burning through investors money. What has Flywheel done with the millions and millions of dollars they receive? Turnover: Seems like everyday there's a new dev to replace one that quit / was fired for disagreeing with CTO.

9. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

After CEO change, all downhill.

Apr 27, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Close to RWC Caltrain station, average salary

Cons

CEO, Upper Management, Work/Life Balance, consistency. ZERO company culture, basically just working to collect paychecks and leaving. Everyone who works at this company hates working there. At least 5 people I worked with are looking for new employment, I was lucky enough to find it and get out! Worst CEO/Manager I've ever had in my life. Absolutely atrocious. Steve Humphreys had a vision and worked hard to achieve it, Rakesh is arrogant and flat out awful. Recommend to a friend? No chance, I wouldn't even recommend to an enemy.

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Brand to work for!!

Mar 18, 2015 - Brand Ambassador in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great pay, Really unique workplace, great co-workers, very fun job.

Cons

hours are not the greatest 10pm-3am

11. 5.0
    Current Freelancer, more than 5 years

Great company

Aug 29, 2016 - Anonymous Freelancer in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great management and senior staff.

Cons

Small boutique brokerage, training needs work.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 15 Reviews
</>Embed

Flywheel Software Reviews FAQs

Flywheel Software has an overall rating of 3.0 out of 5, based on over 15 reviews left anonymously by employees. 36% of employees would recommend working at Flywheel Software to a friend and 18% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Flywheel Software employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Flywheel Software. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

36% of Flywheel Software employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Flywheel Software 3.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.7 for culture and values and 2.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Flywheel Software to be benefits, coworkers, culture and the cons to be work life balance, management, senior leadership.

Popular Careers with Flywheel Software Job Seekers