Fortitude Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

4.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Fortitude Systems Director Corey Stewart
Corey Stewart

Pros
  • Good work / life balance (with respect to consulting industry average) (in 5 reviews)

• I had a great relationship with their account manager (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance is non existent (in 3 reviews)

• The job required me to work 2nd or 3rd shift at least 2 times per month (in 3 reviews)

1. "I will recomend this company to my friends"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Boston, MA

I have been working at Fortitude Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They are always there for any question and they always have an answer

Cons

I didn't have any bad experience

Advice to Management

2. "Intriquing time to be here"

Current Employee - Consultant in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Fortitude Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

* lots of good things happening right now.
    * Promotions frequently happening.
    * Seems there are new initiatives happening monthly.
    * the mentors are great.

I started with a bigger company out of college and didn't like red tape that I had to constantly overcome to get anything done. After talking with people I respected, I decided to look for a smaller company that had the ambition to grow big. I have found it in Fortitude.

Cons

There are bumps in the road with any smaller company; but I will take these every day of the week over the hurdles I dealt with in a very big company.

Advice to Management

The leadership team does a great job at cultivating leaders. I would say when someone doesn't want to do what it takes (there aren't a lot of them), it will probably be beneficial to the team and them if we separated.

3. "Account Executive Review"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Fortitude Systems full-time

Pros

Culture and opportunity to be a leader at a young age

Cons

Fast paced. I like that about the company, but it's not for everyone.

5. "Amazing Experience"

Former Employee - Senior Systems Administrator in Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Systems Administrator in Irving, TX

Pros

Overall, wonderful experience. Fortitude brought me on as a consultant. On-boarding was easy and insurance kicked in right away. When the company I was consulted to wanted to hire me, Fortitude worked with the company to provide a seamless transition.

Cons

Did not have any negatives

6. "Got my first shot"

Former Employee - Technical Business Analyst in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Technical Business Analyst in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

I worked at Fortitude Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Was on a one year full-time contract with at a hotel chain HQ. It gave me my first shot in the tech world and it was much appreciated. I used the year of experience to leverage myself into a larger company with more technical growth. I've been with them for over a year as an FTE, in the mobile app dept. Appreciate the opportunity.

Cons

Would of liked to be more challenged in the first year. It got monotonous after the third month or so. Days off were tough too, it would be nice to accrue PTO.

Advice to Management

The cons should help. Not a whole lot Fortitude can do when it comes to the client but I would rework the PTO system. The timesheet system could include PTO.

7. "Going Great so Far"

Current Employee - Windows Systems Administrator in Falls Church, VA
    Current Employee - Windows Systems Administrator in Falls Church, VA

I have been working at Fortitude Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's been a little over 3 years here and there is no shortage of technical evolution. We've been in a windows environment since day one, but since then it seems like we've upgraded every 2 or so months. Currently we're running Windows 10 w/ Azure, SQL Server 2016, and Hyper-V 16. For me this couldnt be better. I'm able to stay up to date with my skills while constantly learning.

Cons

Not that much of a con but I might as well mention that with all the new tech, we have constant bugs and sometimes are waiting on a patch to move forward. MS has been great with their speed of updating so it hasnt held us up much. I'd rather this than working with old tech that everyone knows like the back of their hand.

Advice to Management

Keep it rolling! You guys are really feeding our brains and with a laid back mgmt style it's been very attractive for new tech talent. The hands off appoach with individual goals and benchmarks has been refreshing.

"They Understand Technology"

Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Business Systems Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at Fortitude Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Finally a firm that understands technology. Consulting can be great, it can be terrible. If your firm doesn't understand tech; nothing good will happen. There are a lot of firms out there that are only in it to make money, you can tell Fortitude is not one of those firms. They care about the client, they care about the employees, and they care about creating a win-win for both.

Its refreshing. Overall I would say the management and culture are awesome. The proprietary technology is also cutting edge.

Cons

Clients can be a pain, but that is the same in every business

Advice to Management

I love the training process. I love the relocation process. No matter how big you get, don't change how you treat employees.

"Lots of changes for the better"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Washington, DC

I have been working at Fortitude Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company is always evolving. I started 3 years ago and I have seen the company completely evolve in that time. One great change for the entry level employees has been the implementation of a 1 hour and 45 minute lunch break so the recruiters can go work out. They are also "kicked out" of the office at 5:30 now as well. The changes in the energy and happiness are evident.

The companies internal hiring team is great. The team of 4 has really helped changed the company. They are great at identifying talent and bringing in capable individuals; because of that the culture over the last 18 months has been fantastic.

Cons

No big "Cons" here. Not a company for a "political climber" type. If your a "too cool for school" typa cat, I wouldn't come here.

Advice to Management

Keep on adapting.

10. "Tech training program is ahead of the curve"

Current Employee - Manager, Business Development in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Manager, Business Development in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Fortitude Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Work life balance
    - Business model is very solid
    - Good stock incentives
    - Benefits are above the industry average
    - Never work weekends
    - strong culture
    - Company boat (currently in Dallas - as they won it for the year)
    - Good technical training program

Cons

- This company is for outgoing entrepreneurial types. If you lean more towards being an introvert you might want to look elsewhere.

Advice to Management

I appreciate the changes made in the last year and half, it isn't always fun dealing with change, but the changes have all been for the better.

11. "They helped me twice"

Current Employee - Senior Systems Administrator in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Administrator in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Fortitude Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fortitude actually helped me out twice. They set me up with an interview about 3.5 years ago where I was able to get a position as a systems administrator on a government contract. IT was a great position, but unfortunately we lost the recompete and they didn't badge over any of the incumbents. So, I reached back out to Fortitude, and within about 3 weeks I was starting work at the company I'm at now!

Cons

In this position I am salaried, which is nice for holidays, but being hourly had it's perks when you were on call or coming in on weekends for upgrades.

Advice to Management

Have you thought about creating a health savings account or maybe a plan that has a higher deductible?