FreightCenter Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Matthew J. Brosious

"A growing company with wonderful people"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Palm Harbor, FL

I have been working at FreightCenter full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- The Employees are like a family environment
    - Promote from within
    - Exceptional supervisors, they treat employees with respect and understanding

Cons

- There is a learning curve that takes a few months to be comfortable getting the details down on shipments.

Advice to Management

Continue with empowering employees and being accessible for advice.

May 16, 2017 – Marketing Coordinator

We're so glad to hear you feel the family environment we work hard towards instilling. This lets us know we are moving in the right direction. We can understand the learning curve you mentioned, as ... More

"Bad sales people always complaining."

Former Employee - Sales in Palm Harbor, FL
    Former Employee - Sales in Palm Harbor, FL

I worked at FreightCenter full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you like selling and know how to sell, not just take orders, there is money to be made.

Cons

Lots of order takers that think calling someone that actually put their information in the system and has shipments is hard work! They need to hire more 'sales' people.

Advice to Management

Hire sales talent and continue to weed out the under performers that constantly complain and treat the customers badly.

"Friendly Company"

Current Employee - Accounting Specialist in Palm Harbor, FL
    Current Employee - Accounting Specialist in Palm Harbor, FL

I have been working at FreightCenter full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly employee atmosphere, Game room, Growth incentives, Great special events, Benefits offered including PTO

Cons

High turn over rate

Advice to Management

High quality training, strong SOPs and seasoned employees would all benefit our company

May 2, 2017 – Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for your review! We' appreciate your feedback as it helps us continue to improve. We have been working towards making improvements with training as we know how crucial it is to the success ... More

"Happy Camper"

Current Employee - Accounting in Palm Harbor, FL
    Current Employee - Accounting in Palm Harbor, FL

I have been working at FreightCenter full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture
    Pleasant atmosphere
    Friendly co-workers
    Approachable and fair bosses
    Ability to work over-time for extra money

Cons

No 401K
    Low hourly pay
    Health insurance is not fully paid and the contribution is too high (the plan is awful too )

Advice to Management

Instead of hiring more low paying workers, pay your good, hard-working employees more money so they stay. Also, a 401K plan is needed with a matching contribution. Better health insurance would be well appreciated too.

May 2, 2017 – Marketing Coordinator

Thank you for providing your feedback! We're glad to hear that you're happy with your time at FreightCenter.

"Horrible company, stay far away"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palm Harbor, FL

I worked at FreightCenter full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

you get a paycheck and they give out food and alcohol.
    The standard of performance is set pretty low.
    They will hire practically anyone.

Cons

1. They changed the sales commission structure to cut the top 15-20 sales people's commissions to half, with no notice. Most of them left after that.

2. The health insurance isn't worth what they expect you to contribute for it. Terrible coverage, high deductibles, and high contributions.

3. A company that gives employees alcohol while on the clock is just asking for trouble.

4. I've seen people fired for being caught drinking in the bathroom, smoking weed, getting caught having sex in the bathroom. (Yes that really happened, during work hours) So the quality of people they are hiring are not the greatest, and you'll be working alongside them.

5. The marketing team is pressured to manufacture positive customer reviews and employee reviews.

6. Business decisions are based on the owner's greed, not the best interest of the company.

7. When I gave my two weeks notice, they told me to get out after one. I found out later this was because my second week went into the next month and they didn't want to provide me health insurance for the following month. So they cancelled it the Friday they told me to leave. I then had to fight them to get refunded for the health insurance I had paid, but now wasn't receiving.

8. They used to have a retirement program, they cancelled it because employees actually started signing up and it became "too expensive".

9. They are constantly hiring and doing training classes. People do not last.

10. The management level are just sales people who have stuck around longer than all of the others, so they are eventually promoted. They weren't provided with management training.

11. One of the sales managers tried to tell his team that they weren't going to be paid for time worked, it took them going to HR before the company relented and paid them.

There were plenty of other instances where this company proved to be less than upstanding, but why go on, I think I've proved my point.

Advice to Management

Stop catering to the greed of the owner. If you treat people well, they will want to do well for you. By treating people as disposable you are doing them, yourself, and your customers a disservice.

May 23, 2017 – Marketing Coordinator

We're sorry to hear you found your experience with us to be less than upstanding. We are confident we treat our employees well and know many would agree. We wish you the best of luck in your future ... More

"These positive reviews are laughable"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palm Harbor, FL

I worked at FreightCenter full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy to get a job

Cons

Where do I start! This place is the worst joke Ive seen in my 20 year career. Just read the other NEGATIVE reviews. The positive ones are the marketing team making stuff up. Don't fall for it.

Advice to Management

Retire.

"You'll thank yourself later for steering clear"

Former Employee - Sales Performance Manager in Palm Harbor, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Performance Manager in Palm Harbor, FL

I worked at FreightCenter full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

With such low standards, you have a great chance of being a shining star with little effort. Food and alcohol are given freely in lieu of vacation time, raises and a 401k plan.

Cons

Wow just look at the themes within the reviews below. FreightCenter has pay well below what you can get anywhere else. Horrible benefits. You want decent salary, affordable health care and a retirement plan? Nope! You get an "open social media policy" and free coffee.

This company churns and burns like no other. Check out the list of previous employees on linkedin. It's extensive. Check out the past press releases. Every year they talk about growth then the next year report numbers that are exactly the same. That's because Freightcenter's business is stagnant and you will be compensated at the exact same scale. Employees are disrespected and untrusted. All phone calls, emails and inter-office communications are monitored.

Advice to Management

Sell it, pay off your house and let someone with some experience actually make the improvements you are unable to. Stop going with your gut, it doesn't serve you well, and neither do the people in the outer offices.

May 2, 2017 – Marketing Coordinator

We're sorry to hear you did not enjoy your time at FreightCenter. We wish you good luck in your future endeavors.

"Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative (CSR) in New Port Richey, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative (CSR) in New Port Richey, FL

I have been working at FreightCenter (More than a year)

Pros

Great People
    Make you feel valued
    Fun place to work

Cons

No 401k plan
    Needs more communication between departments

Advice to Management

Provide an option for retirement benefits.

Jan 10, 2017 – Marketing Coordinator

We're glad to hear you think FreightCenter is a great place to work! Communication between departments is something we're actively working towards improving as we can understand the frustration in a ... More

"Terrible place to work, CEO is awful & has no idea how to run a business"

Former Employee - Account Representative in Palm Harbor, FL
    Former Employee - Account Representative in Palm Harbor, FL

I worked at FreightCenter full-time (More than a year)

Pros

some "perks" like free food, drinks, alcohol & games/ pinball machines in break room

Cons

Ceo must like you personally, or you will be out the day in a day. They are CONSTANTLY hiring & training classes are every 2 weeks. If they are always hiring, what does that tell you? They tell you that you won't be cold calling, but that is the managements answer whenever you have no leads- which is often. You have to call people so often, that they get really angry & tell you to stop calling them. There is no guarantee of keeping your job, nor getting enough leads to keep you busy enough to reach your sales "goals", which if you don't meet them, no bonus pay (which could & should be a large portion of your income) & low hourly pay. The CEO is supposedly a retired Army Ranger, who has supposedly ran this business for the last 18 years, yet he has no idea how to retain, treat nor manage any of his people. Say something negative or express a way things could be done better & you risk being fired immediately. This company is not a place to work if you're looking to make the money they boast you can/ should, if you value/ need job security & can live off a wage well below industry standards. If you can sell, find a realistic job that you'll be much more successful at & certainly have more job security & make more money. This place is a joke- particularly the 42 yr. old owner that has no idea how to run a business. Look at most of the other reviews- most say the same things. Too many negatives to share here, but you get the idea..... Beware!!

Advice to Management

Ceo Matt should take some business classes to know how to run a business. Management needs to understand ow to manage people & provide realistic sales goals. Too much to list........

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Palm Harbor, FL

I have been working at FreightCenter part-time

Pros

I really appreciate that the company allows flexibility in your workday. My co-workers are easy to work with, and I feel supported by Freightcenter team leads. I'm enjoying learning new things and picking up a few skills.

Cons

I wish the pay was a bit higher

Advice to Management

Have more training classes

Sep 20, 2016 – Marketing

We're very happy to hear a flexible work environment and support from your team leads have helped make your time here enjoyable. Our training department is working on developing additional ongoing ... More