Frontpoint Reviews | Glassdoor

2.8
Frontpoint Co-Founder and CEO Chris Villar
Chris Villar

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • There's a lot of little perks like pot lucks, happy hours, hikes, and events (in 16 reviews)

• The work environment is really great (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Bottom line, there's no job security here (in 7 reviews)

• Can be stressful hitting numbers at times and you can get focused on too much work and not enough work-life balance (in 7 reviews)

"Fun Start Up Culture with some Growing Pains."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

I have been working at Frontpoint full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hands down, its the amazing people. We are going through some change, but if you have a good leader (like I do), they help us know what is coming and what is expected of us. Great hangout spaces, loads of free food, cool culture, and lots of opportunities for happy hours. Workplace is relaxed and has a "google-ish" feel. Lots of change, which means there is a lot of opportunity to learn new things.

Cons

Lots of change and movement in leadership team. Not really sure what that means. Most of us are cautiously optimist but waiting to understand more.

Advice to Management

Leverage new Talent team org more to help with change management and more training for leaders and managers to help them adapt to the changing environment and demands that come with it. Change is good, but each person reacts differently to change. Now, I'm not talking about making change for the sake of change--although sometimes it can feel that way at Frontpoint. But rather, we are going through making change bc we are growing into our own skin. I appreciate that when something feels broken, could be better, or even just because you're curious - we work through it as a team. Let's be more transparent and continue to help everyone in the company understand the "why" behind change. Looking forward to what the rest of the year brings!

2. "A great place to start your career"

Current Employee - Customer Support Specialist in Vienna, VA
    Current Employee - Customer Support Specialist in Vienna, VA

I have been working at Frontpoint full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Frontpoint operates like a start-up. They are constantly changing very fast pace, and anyone fresh out of high school or a college student would flourish here.

Cons

The work you do is very repetitive as with all call centers and they really don't offer career advancement but they are working on it. They have Senior Customer Service Representative but that's not a lot of work to do or an increase of pay. Simply do your job well and you will be rewarded but I would like to see more!!!

Advice to Management

Create Team Lead and have your Seniors walking the support floor this would create a better floor morale and your reps would be better prepared. Create Career advancement pathways for your Reps to go to different departments and

"Started off great"

I have been working at Frontpoint full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company just hit it's 10 year bench mark and is advancing in the world of home security. The founders are 3 great guys who I occasionally see around the office. Hour lunch breaks and breaks in between. There is always a free event to enjoy, like a happy hour. Contests daily to win money or gift cards

Cons

Commute, Comp plan, shift hours, pressure of close rates

Advice to Management

Be Present

"Sales Consultant"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

I worked at Frontpoint full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Customer Service is second to none!

Cons

You must close 1 in 3 contacts or your job is in jeopardy. If you don't have a 30% close rate you won't earn your commission. FrontPoint won't let you keep your 401k match if you aren't an employee for 3 years. You must be employed on the commission payout check (2nd pay period each month) to receive your commission.

Advice to Management

Go back to your core values. If you want to reach your goal of protecting 1 million customers. You won't reach it by letting employees sit in customer follow doing nothing for 1/3 of their day.

"Overall great place."

Current Employee - Customer Support in Vienna, VA
    Current Employee - Customer Support in Vienna, VA

I have been working at Frontpoint (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work, good people and really great atmosphere. Management is always there to help and walk you through any issues that arise.

Cons

Changes are not communicated efficiently at times.

"Great Job if you have no education"

Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Vienna, VA
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant in Vienna, VA

I worked at Frontpoint full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Casual Dress, Competitive Environment, Some Great Managers

Cons

Some not so Great Managers, You don't need an education to do this job, It was the bottom of my career, If you can punch some numbers in then you can do this job, no advancement, no leadership above your direct manager, very much a starter job for someone who has no other job experience or if you do a new starting point

Advice to Management

Bring in quality leads and bring it quality people. You are losing people left and right because you bring in thugs and women who are more worried about what they look like then what they actually do on the phone. IF you want success, you need to make an education a requirement or if no education, a lot of experience.

"Not What It Used To Be"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Vienna, VA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Vienna, VA

I have been working at Frontpoint full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-A great place to make a lot of money for a young professional
    -great atmosphere
    -great co-workers

Cons

-There's no more recognition for top performers. They're focused more on overall success which leads to a lot of feelings of people feeling disposable/insignificant.
    -A lot of promises made on compensation that have to be revisited multiple times due to management promising things prior to getting authorization from the CEO. This causes distrust in our Director, for we have to take what he promises with a grain of salt.
    -Director level is now non-existent across the board and for the few that sit in those positions, they find themselves overwhelmed and overall incompetent at the tasks at hand
    -Top talent is not being nurtured, and we are seeing a mass exodus of not only top reps, but also managers leaving.

Advice to Management

Another re-org is necessary. Get the proper people in place that'll cultivate a winning atmosphere and re-create a place where people feel like they're apart of something bigger than they are. Metric-driven results are great, but just because the over-all company did not meet our goals, does not mean that you don't have superstar managers and reps that don't need recognition. Focus on the small wins and it'll lead to larger wins.

8. "Sales"

Current Employee - Sales in Vienna, VA
    Current Employee - Sales in Vienna, VA

I have been working at Frontpoint full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Base pay plus commission is fantastic and truly uncapped, plus a fun and casual atmosphere to work in. I enjoy making way more money than my friends that have boring office jobs or advanced degrees. Lol Happy hour and company events are the best. There are constant money challenges and perks. If you are a sales superstar you will be very happy with the money.

Cons

Can be stressful hitting numbers at times and you can get focused on too much work and not enough work-life balance. I don't partake, but fraternization is distracting and drama gets in the way.

Advice to Management

Have more flexible policies in place to keep your best representatives. Quit the churn and burn mentality you have. While some favoritism is natural at least try to look like you don't reward "brown nosers" all the time!

"Don't do it."

I have been working at Frontpoint full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Casual attire. You can dress comfortably in anything. Top notch customer service. Best way to protect your family. Frequent contests to drive sales.

Cons

The point system for scheduling is horrible. You miss a little too many days or you come in late. You're fired. You can't get a weekend off. And when you start expect to work 2-11 for at least 3-4 weeks.The leads are garbage. They will try to tell you in the interview that they're warm leads and that they're ready to buy but most of them are actually just looking for a quote or something for free. There is a current fear culture building everyone is scared to lose their job because of the current change in upper management. Recruiters will sell you on the job and when you come in it's a different story.

Advice to Management

Listen to what your current employees are telling you and work on improving the trust between you and your employees and practice the transparency you keep preaching.

"Ask as many questions as possible"

I have been working at Frontpoint full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Frontpoint is rated #1 across numerous review sites so it really helps to sell something you believe to be true.

Cons

No job security WHATSOEVER. You can be fired at any moment. If your numbers are high they love you. The second they get low they want you out the door. There is a point system they go by for attendance. You accrue points no matter what. You could be injured terribly and in the hospital, but if you call out thats 2 points. You only get 13 and it takes 90 days for one or two points to roll off. Also the schedule is revolving. You start 8-5 in training then it switches to 2-11pm. Dont try to have a personal life. You'll also be working saturday and sundays every week. Finally, If you're in the bottom tier you dont get any commision on what you sold for the pay period. Its called "donating". You only get your hourly pay.