Frontpoint Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Frontpoint Co-Founder and CEO Chris Villar
Chris Villar

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "There's a lot of little perks like pot lucks, happy hours, hikes, and events" (in 19 reviews)

• "Frontpoint has an awesome company culture, great work-life balance, and all the tools and resources needed for you to be successful" (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "No job security, I hope you have tough skin because that place will break you down" (in 11 reviews)

• "Your hours suck due to a schedule lottery causing no work/life balance" (in 9 reviews)

"Growth Opportunity"

I have been working at Frontpoint full-time

Pros

I joined Frontpoint earlier this year, and I'm happy with my decision to come here. My department has been steadily growing and is developing a well-rounded team. Everyone here has been easy to get along with, and offers support when asked. We are working on some heavy goals next year, and I like being a part of that strategy. Things seem to move fast, and you don't get stunted by an overkill of red tape.

Cons

None that i have encountered yet

Advice to Management

Implementing onboarding that gives you more exposure to the bigger business when starting would be helpful. More visibility from the executives would also help with alignment. Also, extra incentives or bonuses would be welcomed by everyone

2. "Inside Sales Representative"

I have been working at Frontpoint full-time

Pros

You have the opportunity to jumpstart your career in sales. Compensation plan is lucrative if you're good at the job.

Cons

Company continues to go through significant changes and can't seem to get things right. Changes are often made with little to no notice to the sales department. As of now, there are many negative changes that make it hard for reps to do their job successfully.

Advice to Management

Speak up for your team and your reps.

3. "Associate Product Specialist"

I have been working at Frontpoint full-time

Pros

The pay is really nice

Cons

Training isn’t as promised during interview. Promises of schedules during interview and more detail about the schedule choice being performance based.

"Pretty ok"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Vienna, VA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Vienna, VA

I have been working at Frontpoint full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

On the support side, it is what it is and nothing more. It's a call center job. For that, you have decent pay, awesome coworkers and a welcoming environment. Benefits are also pretty good. I would recommend this job for someone with a good work ethic as a starting point or as their first or second job, maybe if you're in school. You can move up pretty quickly if you get into the swing of things.

Cons

It's a call center. Customers can be cranky. You will work at least one weekend day to start. You won't always get what you want or all the answers.

5. "Its ok but...."

Current Employee - Security Consultant
    Current Employee - Security Consultant

I have been working at Frontpoint full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good environment, lot of training for sales pitch.... push for sale and motivation....great managers, very relaxing, great product

Cons

They are missing the key factor of call routing, specially for new hires, in order to make sales you have to have a call like for example someone is getting back to back calls and person sitting next not getting calls at all... for customers this company is unknown so gaining the trust of customer you have work hard for that you have to have calls but......

Advice to Management

This is Sales profession the other name of this profession is rejection, we get 1 Yes after 5 No's but for that we have to have calls... a salesman can only satisfy one customer at a time while the other salesmen should not sit idle with no calls for hours, I hope you get the point.

"Ask these questions before joining Frontpoint?"

I worked at Frontpoint full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Not really any pros. It use to be a good company

Cons

Folks like to vent on glassdoor but its not super helpful in deciding if you should join a company. FP is a bad place to work but don't take my word for it. Ask these questions in your interview and find out for yourself.

-Employee Attrition is insanely high. Ask what percentage of employees have been there for over two years in corporate (don't let them fool you by talking about sales/support attrition stats). As an example, they have had 5 CMOs in 5 years. Not exactly a bastion of stability...
    -Ask to see sales month over month for the last three years. Not a pretty picture....
    -Ask why sales are falling? They have no answer which points to having no cohesive competitive strategy. With new entrants into the market, FP is not competitive any longer in DIY as their competition is 70% cheaper and have better brandnames.
    -Ask to see engagement levels. Unsurprisingly with high attrition, falling sales, and no strategy, folks are not very engaged. They are all looking for new jobs.

Advice to Management

Stop spending time posting fake positive reviews and just get rid of the company. Clearly you don't want to be there anymore. Move on and stop suckering people into spending a few miserable years at FP.

"Happy Here So Far"

I have been working at Frontpoint full-time

Pros

- I really like the culture. The environment operates quickly and there are a lot of fun activities at work. It's what you would expect from a progressive technology company
    - The company is an industry changer, and you can feel that what is being done here is going to make a big wave in the smart home field
    - Lots of smart people to work with and learn from
    - Plenty of opportunities to contribute and help shape the direction of projects
    - If you take an interest and attend internal conferences, you have a pretty good idea of what is being prioritized and the major focus areas
    - Overall pretty good pay and benefits package

Cons

-Depts at time can feel a bit silohed. The work you do affects others and vice versa, so it would be nice if there was more connections across depts
    - They don't offer a tuition reimbursement plan, so unfortunately no help with continued schooling if that is an interest area

Advice to Management

Keep driving at the primary goal. I think people are pretty excited about the potential of what the company can do in the industry. Keep finding ways to keep people updated and communicate across company lines. Make the time to reward the successes, and keep in mind not everything is going to work but that new ideas should always be encouraged. Please expand the benefits for those of us that would like to continue their education as well.

"I've worked at a lot of different companies. This is, by far, the best."

Current Employee - Account Specialist in Vienna, VA
    Current Employee - Account Specialist in Vienna, VA

I have been working at Frontpoint full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Company outings and summer barbecues. Great work environment where you're rewarded for performing well and able to select your ideal schedule based on your overall performance. Management is helpful and really cares about your development. Frontpoint takes care of its high performers but also cares about average or low performers. They put a lot of effort into training and coaching to good behaviors. There are a lot of meetings internally to educate employees about company goals and initiatives. Love this place, keep up the great work everyone!

Cons

The commute is a bit rough, Tyson's Corner is home to one of the worst roads to drive on due to massive traffic and development. The new metro line has alleviated some of it but Route 7 is not well designed.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do. Striving for greatness. Training, coaching, and developing all of your talent. Also, Chris Villar is an amazing CEO that loves engaging with all of us. It's a really nice thing to get face time with one of the founders of your company. It's even nicer that he actually knows our names and remembers our lives. I'm sure he has a lot going on, it's impressive and he really seems to care about all of us.

"Rules and Policy keeps changing"

I have been working at Frontpoint full-time

Pros

Great pay, set schedule to allow a life away from the company, PTO can be added over time.

Cons

The rules are constantly changing and not always for the best. While you do get a set schedule, the hours are usually long throughout the day.

Advice to Management

Make sure to stay fully staffed at all times. Find rules and policies that you can stick with and stop changing them constantly.

"Sales"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in McLean, VA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in McLean, VA

I worked at Frontpoint full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The training team is the best I've ever seen.

Cons

They need to make their attendance policy and make it more realistic and raise the base pay.