Frontpoint Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Frontpoint Interview Questions

Interviews at Frontpoint

2.7

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Frontpoint.

Interview

Very professional and enjoyable. Came in for two interviews and spoke with upper management and senior team members. Gave me a very accurate description of the job responsibilities and background to the company. I did not know much about the security industry. Another thing that was nice is their was a lot of consistency with all of the people i spoke with.

Interview Questions

• What are the three most important things to you in your next career move?   Answer Question

Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Frontpoint (Washington, DC).

Interview

Interview was by phone, Interviewer was very professional. Left me with good impression of the company.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Frontpoint (Chesapeake, VA) in April 2018.

Interview

Had 3 round,
    1. With Manager
    2. Coding round
    3. Meet with lead engineers

Mainly asked about the process, scrum and then went over my technical skill over my resume. Then there was a coding interview ask to perform a crud operation

Management Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Frontpoint.

Interview

Had an initial interview with their company recruiter who was friendly at the time. They then had me talk to a consultant who asked more specific questions to determine my qualifications which I thought went pretty well. The consultant only stayed focused on one skill set and didn't venture into other areas of responsibilities that I felt were equally important. I didn't hear back from the recruiter so I sent several emails and left a voice message. I finally received an email that she was sick and out of the office and indicated they will get back by the end of the week. They never got back so I sent an email the following week to learn the next step.. no response, waited another week and sent another email.... no response, left a voice message... no response. They didn't have the courtesy to even reply to an email which I thought was pretty unprofessional after I took time to prepare and learn more about the company. Seems like an unorganized group of people. I'm glad it didn't work out.

Junior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nowhere, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Frontpoint (Nowhere, OK) in April 2016.

Interview

Actually, I did not even make it past to the phone interview stage, HOWEVER I really appreciated their email when I first applied telling me what was going to happen afterwards and how long the process is. This is odd because I have never had an email like that and more odd is this is what I would personally do, it shows compassion for job seekers.

They sent me an email saying they would be moving on with other candidates rather quickly, it was only 2-4 days after I applied online but what was in the email made me like them even more although they just rejected me. They were empathetic and provided me with solutions on how to improve my candidate profile.

Yes, I got rejected and didn't even get a phone interview but those two emails really stood out to me and made me feel better. I'm not speaking about the management or workplace because I have no idea but just regarding those two emails. Thanks FS.

Lead Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Frontpoint (Vienna, VA) in August 2018.

Interview

First, I was approached by the recruiter and then there were three rounds of phone screenings first by the recruiter, then by the hiring manager and then by a lead engineer. The manager didnt call the first time and then rescheduled the interview about 4 times. Then the lead engineer interview was rescheduled about 2 times. After they liked me over the phone, I was asked to come by for in person. Had to code for a problem and then there was a technical round and then a manager round. The manager again doesnt show up on time. After the in person, I was informed by the recruiter that they would like to hire me and I would be receiving a formal offer in a week or two. The recruiter called again after a week and said that it was offered to some other person due to internal recommendation and they had only one position to fill out. The recruiter still keeps on posting the job on all job portals. Recruiter didnt even send a formal reply email that they would not like to move forward with my candidacy.

Basically this interview was a big joke and they don't have an iota of respect for candidate's time or efforts. I am glad to have not joined the company as it seems very disorganized.

Interview Questions

• on-site coding question and questions about leadership qualities.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Frontpoint (Washington, DC) in September 2014.

Interview

The recruiters were very positive and promoted the company in a good light. They were very personable and positive and made you feel wanted. The actual hiring manager was not as friendly or appealing and showed up late to the interview. All and all it was a good experience but I'm fine with not working at that company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vienna, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Frontpoint (Vienna, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

I was first contacted through email by a recruiter for the Customer Service Specialist position. Looking into other openings offered by the company, I noticed a more desirable sales position. I raised this interest to the recruiter and she admitted that she was focused more on the support side. Nevertheless, she had previous experience in the sales recruiting and offered to both pass on my resume and qualifications to the sales recruiter and answer any questions I had. She was very kind and helpful.

I was then contacted a few days later by the sales recruiter who outlined the position and its requirements. At the time of the call, the compensation package offered included a base salary of $40K and uncapped commissions. However, she also mentioned that starting consultants must work weekends and rather undesirable hours until they can prove their sales and closing rates.

The recruiter then asked a few clarifying questions about my resume and then we scheduled a face-to-face interview a few days later.

The in-person interview involved a short writing assignment which asked five basic questions:
    - What were the top five things that most impressed you about FrontPoint?
    - How will your sales strategy help FrontPoint?
    - How will FrontPoint's training help you achieve success in sales?
    - etc.

Next, I spoke one-on-one with the sales recruiter and we covered my experience more closely. She asked basic questions regarding what drives me, why I was interested in the position, why sales, and what my sales strategy was. She also asked if I had experience with professional "metrics," or key performance indicators; did I have experience with quantitative goals?

The majority of the interview was rather relaxed and simple.

She then asked if I had any questions. Be honest here and clear up any confusion or questions. The recruits are there to help and make sure everyone is on the same page.

Unfortunately, the starting hours and days simply would not work for my schedule and desired work/life balance. The starting hours are as follows:
    - You work five days a week
    - Two of these days must be Saturday and Sunday
    - The weekday working hours are 2PM-11PM
    - The weekend working hours are 11AM-6PM

Although the compensation structure was quite appealing, the starting hours simply do not work for someone who desires to spend more than two weekday nights with their family. For a single 20-something who is looking to work hard and potentially make great money, this is more for you.

Overall, the interview process was swift but thorough.

I would advise FrontPoint to save themselves recruiting time and make these starting hours abundantly clear to potential employees. Or, if you want to expand your pool of high-potential, qualified, willing, and eager candidates, do not confine them to considerably undesirable hours.

I would have loved to work at FrontPoint, but the aforementioned hours were unacceptable for me.

Thank you to Ashley and Brittany for being so helpful and kind throughout the process.

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Frontpoint (McLean, VA) in October 2013.

Interview

3 interviewers progressively harder with questions/problem solving scenarios. If you have sales experience there's about a 90% chance they will ask you to sell them something in a role play scenario. Be ready to talk about what makes you a good salesman and what about the company stood out to you. And make sure you have a couple questions about the company for each interviewer, FYI--THEY WILL ASK. Don't let them leave without using the time they give you to connect with them.

Interview Questions

• "Sell me a cell phone." (I was working at a major cell carrier retail store at that time)   Answer Question
    • What is the order of importance when it comes to integrity of the company, making our customers happy, and saving the company money?   Answer Question

Negotiation

N/A

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Frontpoint (McLean, VA) in April 2013.

Interview

Plan to spend most of your day there. Most likely you will have 3-4 differnt interviewers one by one. What they are mainly looking for is if you can tell a story. Whether you have experience or not but you can tell a good story then you should make it in.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None