Futurity First Insurance Group Reviews | Glassdoor

John Haver

1. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Insurance Sales in Oak Brook, IL
    Current Employee - Insurance Sales in Oak Brook, IL

Pros

Wonderful support, great staff, great marketing, great process, great support. This company is growing bigger and bigger and I am glad that they participate in many local events

Cons

Not too many cons. This company is growing bigger and bigger and I am glad that they participate in many local events. There is not much negative things to say.

Advice to Management

keep it up!

2. "Respect for employees"

Current Employee - Corporate Staff in Rocky Hill, CT
    Current Employee - Corporate Staff in Rocky Hill, CT

I have been working at Futurity First Insurance Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Our company was sold this month. It was a nervous time for all, but we were treated with respect. Communications from the CEO throughout the process were excellent.

Cons

I will miss the team environment we had in our Rocky Hill location. It was a unique opportunity. Everyone worked together and respected each other's work.

3. "Horrible bosses and no training"

Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Denver, CO

I worked at Futurity First Insurance Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good product lines with no proprietary products. Lots of support from corporate office. Online training and resources provided by the corporate office on the East Coast.

Cons

No benefits or salary for first year. No personal training provided by local office. Horrible management who like to talk down and insult their employees. The little training they do is based on negative reenforcement. Don't expect to ever be recognized for doing anything well but you'll hear about every mistake you make from management. Very high turnover.

Advice to Management

Treat employees like humans and learn how to manage people. Your high turnover is a direct result of how you train and treat people which is bad for business. So the fact that you treat people poorly and do not train them, will ultimately lead to your demise.

5. "Growing company with excellent career advancement"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rocky Hill, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rocky Hill, CT

Pros

I have been with Futurity First for more than three years and I love the culture and opportunity for career advancement. Futurity offers me the opportunity to work with the "best of the best" in the insurance industry. Senior management lead by CEO Mike Kalen are very approachable and engaged with all levels of employees making for a strong team environment. If you enjoy a fast paced goal oriented work setting you would love Futurity First.

Cons

Annual bonuses are paid in March each year. I would like to see bonuses paid in January.

Advice to Management

I would like to see more frequent coffee chats held with entire corporation. Currently the CEO holds these 30 minute company performance overviews about every quarter. I would like to see them held monthly with more emphasis on individual employee recognition.

6. "Talented Advisors and Dedicated Staff"

Current Employee - Corporate Management in Rocky Hill, CT
    Current Employee - Corporate Management in Rocky Hill, CT

Pros

The company has a very talented group of financial advisors. The group has grown in the last 3 years and I find the advisors to be very knowledgable and caring about their customers. The sales support and service team is hard working and talented and works to provide the advisors personalized servive with great effort and great care. It seems like a rare combination in an industry that is sometimes 'we/they'. The company promotes 15 client strategies to help customers protect and grow their assets during retirement. The company has done a good job pormoting from within in recent years,

Cons

As a new, small company, at times, we don't have all of the resources to do everyting needed. Employees are asked to take on new roles which can be challenging but also rewarding.

Advice to Management

Stay the course.

"Like the movie office space"

I worked at Futurity First Insurance Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Regarding the corporate office- The building has a cafeteria in it so you don't have to go far for lunch. Nothing about the company is very good at all.

Cons

The pay was substandard. The CEO was very obviously unconcerned about his employees in the corporate office. The branches are all disorganized. Place seems like it wont be lasting very long once the investors catch on.

Advice to Management

Pack up and find a better job at a better insurance company somewhere else.

8. "Opportunities to grow and learn"

I worked at Futurity First Insurance Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working at Futurity First in their corporate office was a great experience. Pleasant work environment, collaborative and creative company. It is clear that the company is going places... it has seen a lot of growth in the past couple of years which was exciting to be a part of. I felt I had a lot of opportunities to learn and grow while working there.

Cons

Not many to comment on - I left for personal reasons unrelated to the benefits or growth potential within the company. I would recommend the company highly.

"Nice place to learn the ropes"

Former Employee - Licensed Agent in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Licensed Agent in Orlando, FL

I worked at Futurity First Insurance Group part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Access to a host of A-rated, household name carriers with vast portfolio of products. Home office puts forth great effort in training and keeping abreast of industry changes. Provide a firm, steady foundation for new agents. Effective lead programs.

Cons

Low commissions. Local management was biased, inconsistent and seemed to rarely follow through on his word. No organized [fun] events to promote agent interaction or intermingling, in the office or after hours.

10. "Avoid this company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Futurity First Insurance Group full-time

Pros

Company sell products from other companies and has no proprietary products. This gives you a variety of products to sell

Cons

Company is notorious for not paying agents on time or not at all. National offices are out of time with local branches. Little to no training and no personalized training from sales managers.

Advice to Management

Pay employees what they earned.

11. "Corporate office was great and was supportive, branch management was a nightmare and was demeaning"

Former Employee - Insurance Sales in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Insurance Sales in Denver, CO

I worked at Futurity First Insurance Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company overall has a good business model with a lot of support from the corporate office. Corporate provides complementary online training programs and weekly sales meetings. Very supportive people in corporate marketing and training.

Cons

Branch is new, so no real help or direction from local management. Management has unclear expectations, gives equally unclear instructions, punishes bad news and likes to belittle employees. Training for new agents is non-existent so you have to teach yourself.

Advice to Management

Treat employees like humans and realize that putting employees down will not motivate them. If employees are not happy they will find work elsewhere.