Futurity First Insurance Group Reviews | Glassdoor

1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Wonderful colleagues"

I worked at Futurity First Insurance Group full-time

Pros

Easy work life / personal life balance and wonderful colleagues

Cons

Agents work on commission only

2. "Insurance Agent"

I worked at Futurity First Insurance Group full-time

Pros

A large portfolio of products

Cons

Variable pay because it is commission only. This can also be a pro depending on perspective.

3. "So Far so good"

Current Employee - Financial Advisor
    Current Employee - Financial Advisor

I have been working at Futurity First Insurance Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Promises made have been kept. No hidden charges, free private office, printing, and support. Proven marketing system keeps me in front of clients. Opportunity to work with senior advisors. International travel incentives

Cons

They are improving the onboarding and conversion process. Of course there is a lot of paper.

Advice to Management

Greater marketing dollars available on the local level

4. "Operations Nightmare"

Former Employee - Office Manager
    Former Employee - Office Manager

Pros

Lot's of opportunities to learn

Cons

The operations department (especially the operations manager) is very poorly run and organized. You will be ridiculed for mistakes, not taught anything productive. A very discouraging work environment to say the least.

Advice to Management

Fire your operations manager.

5. "A long way to go"

I worked at Futurity First Insurance Group full-time

Pros

Well the company was bought.
    There is a core of good advisors with the company, however that core is small.

Cons

FFIG was bought by a company who focuses on the Senior Health Market. The company now just seems interested in cutting cost quickly while "seeing what sticks" with their sales force. Also it doesn't seem that the company cares about the quality of advisor they are currently hiring.

Advice to Management

The company has its issues. Those issues are not being addressed. I doubt the company can survive another 2-3 years.

6. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Insurance Sales in Oak Brook, IL
    Current Employee - Insurance Sales in Oak Brook, IL

Pros

Wonderful support, great staff, great marketing, great process, great support. This company is growing bigger and bigger and I am glad that they participate in many local events

Cons

Not too many cons. This company is growing bigger and bigger and I am glad that they participate in many local events. There is not much negative things to say.

Advice to Management

keep it up!

7. "Respect for employees"

Current Employee - Corporate Staff in Rocky Hill, CT
    Current Employee - Corporate Staff in Rocky Hill, CT

I have been working at Futurity First Insurance Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Our company was sold this month. It was a nervous time for all, but we were treated with respect. Communications from the CEO throughout the process were excellent.

Cons

I will miss the team environment we had in our Rocky Hill location. It was a unique opportunity. Everyone worked together and respected each other's work.

8. "Love my job!"

Pros

I love the fact that the management team is easy to approach and they have an extensive training program. I love coming to work every day!

Cons

I wish there was some flex time available.

9. "Horrible bosses and no training"

Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Insurance Agent in Denver, CO

I worked at Futurity First Insurance Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good product lines with no proprietary products. Lots of support from corporate office. Online training and resources provided by the corporate office on the East Coast.

Cons

No benefits or salary for first year. No personal training provided by local office. Horrible management who like to talk down and insult their employees. The little training they do is based on negative reenforcement. Don't expect to ever be recognized for doing anything well but you'll hear about every mistake you make from management. Very high turnover.

Advice to Management

Treat employees like humans and learn how to manage people. Your high turnover is a direct result of how you train and treat people which is bad for business. So the fact that you treat people poorly and do not train them, will ultimately lead to your demise.

10. "Growing company with excellent career advancement"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rocky Hill, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rocky Hill, CT

Pros

I have been with Futurity First for more than three years and I love the culture and opportunity for career advancement. Futurity offers me the opportunity to work with the "best of the best" in the insurance industry. Senior management lead by CEO Mike Kalen are very approachable and engaged with all levels of employees making for a strong team environment. If you enjoy a fast paced goal oriented work setting you would love Futurity First.

Cons

Annual bonuses are paid in March each year. I would like to see bonuses paid in January.

Advice to Management

I would like to see more frequent coffee chats held with entire corporation. Currently the CEO holds these 30 minute company performance overviews about every quarter. I would like to see them held monthly with more emphasis on individual employee recognition.