Gabriel Partners Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Christopher R. Brauser

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • You will work a full day, and then you'll receive a call from your agency informing you that you've been let go (in 5 reviews)

• Question with Gabriel partners isn't whether or not it's a stepping stone, that part is clear, but how long can you tolerate the job before moving on (in 3 reviews)

1. "Good place to start in AML"

Current Employee - Compliance Analyst in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Compliance Analyst in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Gabriel Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good culture, friendly coworkers. Managers are responsive and are usually very flexible. Opportunity to work on various projects and gain experience quickly.

Cons

Pay could be better, even for entry level analyst positions. The senior management can be very tight fisted. - -

"Not even worth the AML experience."

Former Employee - AML Compliance Analyst in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - AML Compliance Analyst in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Gabriel Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free coffee and fun-sized chocolate.

Cons

Management is inexperienced, incompetent, and ineffective. The work environment is overall inappropriate and unprofessional from the top down. This place is a HR nightmare waiting to happen. Blatant displays of favoritism, toxic rumor mills, fears of speaking out against management, etc. Everyone, including leadership, is looking for a new job. 2/4 managers quit in one week, and another is on his way out due to a severe case of "little man syndrome". The executives are in Cleveland, far away from the circus, and come around every few weeks to conduct motivational speeches. There exists zero opportunity for advancement. It is truly a dead end job. Get the AML experience, run away, and never look back.

Advice to Management

Advice to CEO: You have plenty of talent, utilize it. Rid yourself of the toxic individuals in management. They have destroyed morale and the decent culture that you once had.

"A young company that is learning from its past mistakes"

I have been working at Gabriel Partners full-time

Pros

Willingness to train new hires with no background in AML. Flex time. Occasional overtime, even for salaried employees. After work socials.

Cons

Three weeks of vacation, which includes sick time. So really, it's only two weeks of vacation.

Scattered and chaotic training, that jumped from one topic to the next, in no particular order. This was ironic, given that we were hired based on our ability to write a cohesive narrative that has a beginning, middle, and end (conclusion).

Getting graded on our work while still in training, which made many fearful of getting fired if their cumulative score dropped too low.

Being suddenly informed us that we needed to produce a certain amount of work each week, effective immediately. There was no coaching on how to get faster at doing your job, they just expected everyone to figure it out.

New leaders were not given any management training. The result was overly critical feedback and micro-management.

Advice to Management

On average, employees use about 5 sick days per year. Then you have to factor in a few days for routine doctor appointments and miscellaneous life issues. Two weeks of vacation barely leaves employees with enough time to unwind. Please consider adding one more week after employees are with the company for a full year.

Provide training that builds skills in a logical manner.

Don't grade people while they are learning. As long as new hires are learning from their mistakes, it's easy enough to tell that they are on the right path.

After the initial training, there should be a second phase of training that shows new hires how to get more efficient at their job. Efficiency comes with experience, not intelligence. Have your seasoned employees share their experience.

Promote those who have the necessary personality and soft skills required for coaching others. You know the saying. People don't leave companies, they leave managers. If they fear getting bad scores from Pod Leaders, they will leave. It's not OK for people to make the same mistakes over and over again. But as long as people are learning from their mistakes, they shouldn't have to fear getting bad scores. How about creating a series of levels for people to pass?

4. "Not for everyone but has a lot of interesting aspects to the work."

I have been working at Gabriel Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Location. Benefits. Interesting Work. Great if you like puzzles or solving things.

Cons

Tedious. Daily tasks can be mind numbing.

Advice to Management

Fix key cards for entry.

"Good place to get experience"

Current Employee - Analyst in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Gabriel Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Once a month happy hour social. New company, lots of growth and chances to move to leadership roles fast.

Cons

The pay is low. The hiring is growing faster than the office space. Very cramped, not enough restrooms. Make you pay for parking. They mostly care about production over quality.

Advice to Management

You want to hire educated people, you need to pay them their value. Compensate your employees when you expect them to take on more responsibility. Pay for parking, you are already under paying your employees. Production does not equal good leadership.

6. "Nothing wrong with the job or the people, pay is low."

Current Employee - AML/BSA Compliance Analyst in University Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I have been working at Gabriel Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are great and the job is interesting. Working in downtown Cleveland is great and the work environment is relaxed

Cons

The pay is low compared to other BSA/AML jobs and the company has high turnover in terms of its employees. Future at company is not put in certain terms.

Advice to Management

Pay people more so they stay.

"AML/BSA - Analyst"

Current Employee - AML/BSA Compliance Analyst in Hudson, OH
    Current Employee - AML/BSA Compliance Analyst in Hudson, OH

I have been working at Gabriel Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible Schedule
    Room to get promoted quickly
    Relaxed environment
    Nice coworkers
    Free coffee
    Fresh out of college friendly
    Personal growth encouraged

Cons

Some days can be monotonous but what job doesn't have those days?

Experience depends totally on what client you get assigned to.

Low pay for the industry standard. If you do good work though you will potentially get to do extra work for extra pay which can boost up your salary a good amount

Advice to Management

So far so great guys. Just keep it up and keep working on improving the on boarding process. Also don't start stuffing people into random seats. Buy more office spaces if need be.

8. "Good job right out of school"

Current Employee - Compliance Analyst
    Current Employee - Compliance Analyst

I have been working at Gabriel Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Casual environment for a growing company
    -Young/friendly co-workers
    -Work is easy with great health insurance package

Cons

-Training is scattered and inconsistent
    -Work is repetitive/tedious (not a con if you're okay with that)

Advice to Management

Improve the training program - there's a lot of inconsistencies. Also, need more office space!

9. "Strong and Growing"

Current Employee - AML Analyst in Hudson, OH
    Current Employee - AML Analyst in Hudson, OH

I have been working at Gabriel Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Freedom, Great Leaders and Mentors. It's fast paced and you need to pay attention and produce like any real career. I'm tired of reading negative posts and I'm not sure what you expect out of management when the growth has tripled in a short time. Also, I'm not a manager, mentor AND I just started in March, so please don't have a follow up post saying "management ordered me to write this".

Cons

Not much, changes are happening quickly, so a lot of Mentors are not on the same page, but again, you can research on your own. Stop "bus chucking" others if you make an error. A lot of recent college grads may not understand this, but if you've been in the corporate world for over a decade you'll know that frequent changes happen all the time. They are working hard to help all of us.

Advice to Management

Keep it going.......some of us would love to retire here.

"Find Something Else"

I have been working at Gabriel Partners full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Unless you volunteer, you will not need to work on evenings or weekends.

Cons

Not since college, when my summer job involved waitressing at a restaurant owned by a man who sexually harassed the waitstaff and, as a special bonus, occasionally sold cocaine from the back room, have I had such a negative work experience. Upper management is absent. Middle management works hard at being invisible. Lower management provides, perhaps through no fault of their own, instruction that is consistently inconsistent. Standards for advancement are a mystery to everyone, but often seem based on participation in a soccer team/personal friendship.

Despite the fact that the job involves nothing but computer work (on two computers/three screen), management has made no effort to provide ergonomic equipment. As of this writing, even mouse pads are not available to most.

Most disconcertingly, lower level employees are often penalized for following the direct instructions of people held out by the company as superiors.

If you plan to stay longer than a 6-10 months, I would advise you to keep looking for a different position. Although the company is currently flourishing, I see levels of inconsistency and poor planning that are not only grating to experience on a daily basis, but also concerning for the company's long-term future. Contrary to my expectations, you are unlikely to gain any portable skills at this company, which is another reason to keep looking.

This is a low-stress position that will allow you to have a life outside of work, and there are no screamers and no unusually bad office politics, but that is about the extent of the positive feedback I can give.

(It's also really boring and poorly paid, but I think the other reviews covered that adequately)