Getty Images Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Getty Images Chief Executive Officer Dawn Airey
Dawn Airey

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Amazing work/life balance - managers allow you have autonomy in your job" (in 48 reviews)

• "Work life balance, great people" (in 28 reviews)

Cons

1. "Getty Images - The Best Place I've Ever Worked!"

Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist
    Current Employee - Human Resources Generalist

I have been working at Getty Images full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Amazing health benefits, good work/life balance, inspiring and creative colleagues, strong leadership, good work goes noticed, genuinely kind people. I've learned so much since I started working here and am continuously inspired by what we do. Our CEO and leadership is incredible and energizing.

Cons

I'd say the office design could use an upgrade. But we get lots of light so that's good.

Advice to Management

Continue to be transparent and build up employees. Employee feedback is important, so keep listening.

2. "Sales"

I worked at Getty Images full-time

Pros

great content, great people, nice perks

Cons

alot of change, instability, frequent turnover

Advice to Management

trust more in employees

3. "I can't complain, b/c I've grown a lot at Getty Images...because I leaned into it."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Getty Images full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Fair pay, great benefits, fabulous product!
    Not a perfect company, but a GOOD company, improving, competing, growing. Lots of opportunity and business challenges to sink your teeth into and get involved with.

An environment ripe with growth opportunity for those who want to lean in , take ownership on business challenges, and bring solutions...and in return you will develop yourself and get access to resources and opportunities for career advancement. In my department I have seen 6 promotions in the first 6 months of this year....for those who stretched themselves. It was not handed to them, they set goals and worked towards what they wanted. They worked smart with purpose, not just worked hard.

I have grown my career and skill sets here and progressed through a few positions because my bosses responded with opportunity when I shared my goals with them, and I received recognition for contributions I made that had positive impact on department goals.

Cons

Not a place for people who need their career path and development plan spoon fed to them.

Change does happen a lot here, so you need to be flexible and optimistic about change.

Advice to Management

Stay connected to what the customers are asking for on the front lines.

"Mid-level Management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Getty Images full-time

Pros

Amazing Content and Photographers. Dedicated and loyal staff.

Cons

Sr. Management is smart but clueless. Very out of touch with industry needs and trends and are often late to market with improvements or "innovations". They have completely lost their position as market leaders - they are definitely followers.

Advice to Management

Get out of your offices and start getting in front of clients. Listen to them.

5. "Independent Sales Executive"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Getty Images full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility of working from home.

Cons

The ICE position is commission only and many of the leads are recycled.

"Buyer Beware"

Former Employee - Marketing in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Marketing in Seattle, WA

I worked at Getty Images full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits are ok. There seems to be a real effort by some in leadership to open the lines of communication. Many of the people manager level and below truly care about their jobs and will help you in any way they can.

Cons

Pay is far below market standard. There is also no professional development. If you're looking for a place that is going to take your skillset and help you develop, this is not your place. Director and above do not view that as important and will prevent you from doing anything to enhance your skills. There seems to be the Amazon mentality creeping in of having people come in for 2-3 years, they burn out and bring in the next. However they don't offer the benefits or pay commensurate to attract the talent level needed to progress a company. There is also a severe problem with people who are terrible at their jobs being protected by upper management. Maybe see what the common denominator is on certain problems and fix that instead of paying lip service to the concerns of effective people.

Advice to Management

Your people are valuable and not stupid. They recognize when someone plays favorites with their team. You're losing a lot of very talented people because of ineffective leadership is ruining a team that was once considered extremely effective.

"Overworked, underpaid, unappreciated."

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Getty Images full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Catered lunch once a month. Wow, how lucky we are.

Cons

-Absolutely no opportunities for growth or development.
    -Salary is 20k under median income in Chicago, and company has decided not to give raises this year (would have only been about 0.80 raise anyway.) Be prepared to ask yourself questions like "Do I eat tonight or be late on rent?" "Can I really afford a loaf of bread right now?" "What am I doing with my life?"
    -Management does not care about you, your goals, or your professional development. They'll say they are "working on it," but that's usually just a way to end the conversation.
    -No work/life balance if you're starting as a CSM. You'll work 10-7pm with no flexibility. You'll go to work, go home to sleep, and then go back to work. That's your life.

Advice to Management

What's the point, they don't listen or care.

8. "Photographer"

Current Employee - Photographer in Hollywood, FL
    Current Employee - Photographer in Hollywood, FL

I have been working at Getty Images full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Getty images is the best place for making money while doing something effortless

Cons

There are no downsides because being a part of this is greater than anything you could ever be a part of

9. "."

Pros

Great CEO
    Beautiful images
    Learned so much

Cons

SVP high turnover
    Racial glass ceiling

"So-so"

I have been working at Getty Images full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work-life balance is great. Many people have a flare for art and are thoughtful.

Cons

Most things come down from the top so it is hard to make individual contributions. Performance reviews feel pretty arbitrary and there is not much support for professional growth.