KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 296 of over 546 reviews

4.0
Getty Images CEO Craig Peters
Craig Peters
Pros
  • "Fantastic work/life balance-- leadership really encourages taking time off to reset when you need it(in 61 reviews)

• "The entire agency is comprised of a tight-knit group of great people(in 32 reviews)

• Cons
  • "There was no knowledge of who upper management was(in 17 reviews)

• "I’m assuming but it makes sense because senior management tells half truths and is anything but transparent(in 17 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 8 years
      Featured Review

Lots of opportunities to grow technically, great culture and work/life balance

Jun 15, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Getty is a great place to work for. The company culture and people are awesome. If you are a software engineer that is eager to learn or share your knowledge, this is the place for you. Technology stack is never stagnant. Employees in technology have access various learning initiatives such as bi-annual hackathons, internal bi-annual conferences, book clubs, tech talks, external conferences, Agile workshops, etc. Hackathons ideas originated from developers are appreciated and heard by Product teams as well. There are also opportunities to move around internally to work on different projects. Senior management is willing to hear employees out. VPs/SVPs often hold open office hours where employees can extend an introduction, give feedback or pitch an idea.

Cons

Nothing from my experience at Getty

HR Coordinator

Hi there - Thank you for sharing your experience working at Getty images. It is wonderful to hear that you had exposure to learning initiatives and had the ability to participate in programs such as our Hack-a-thon and Agile workshops. We are continuously looking for opportunities to provide to our employees, and encourage all full-time employees to connect with the HR Department, Functional Leaders, or Morale Committee with any ideas. Thank you again for sharing your perspective!

2. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great company!

Sep 15, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good atmosphere, training and development for carreer.

Cons

A lot of tension sometimes within the teams.

HR Business Partner

Thanks so much for taking the time to share a review. It is excellent to hear that you experienced training and development opportunities to ensure continuous growth. However, I am disappointed to hear that you felt tension between teams. The concept of 'no silos' is a pillar of our Leadership Principles and is priority here at Getty Images. We hope to foster a culture where folks feel comfortable, inspired, and supported in cross-functional endeavors. If you are open to sharing more feedback, please reach out to carly.etzin@gettyimages.com. Have a great day and good luck with your next chapter!

3. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Toxic

Sep 30, 2021 - Associate Director in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good career progression if you’re willing to forgo a personal Life, refrain from having a family & are willing to stab your colleagues in the back

Cons

Company spout a good talk about caring about people but actions speak otherwise

Senior Director, Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I am disheartened to hear of your experience and am interested to further understand your perspective. While we want our people to work hard and contribute, we want to ensure we are creating an environment where our employees can balance their work with their own life and support your full life experience. It is unfortunate our actions speak differently to your experience and would like to hear more so that we can help you find the right balance, as well as understand any misaligned leadership perspectives. If you are not comfortable reaching out to me directly there are a few resources available. I encourage you to review to our Raise a Concern SharePoint, located off of our Employee Experience page. We have tools, information, and processes available for you to feel you can safely come forward and share. In addition, you may also connect with your functional HR Business Partner who can provide guidance and support. Again, I am available any time, as are any of our leaders, my HR colleagues, or our Chief People Office, Lizanne Vaughan, to hear and understand further so we can partner to improve your current lived experience. Thank you, Nicole Underwood VP, Human Resources

4. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Your basic corporate enviroment

Jul 13, 2021 - Account Manager in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Craig is smart and hard-working.

Cons

No shortage of politics among middle management.

HR Business Partner

Thank you for sharing some feedback on your experience working out of our Los Angeles office. Our CEO, Craig Peters, recently celebrated his 15 year anniversary with the organization. His strategic vision and industry experience are a valuable asset to Getty Images, and we're glad you think so as well!

5. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Boys Club Culture, Lacks Innovation

Jul 6, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits, work/life balance and PTO.

Cons

Boys club culture (great if you’re among the chosen few). Underhanded account credit. Performative diversity and inclusion. Is not supportive of remote work. Company overall lacks innovation.

1 person found this review helpful

Getty Images Response

Thanks very much for sharing your perspective. Our Leadership Principles include commitments to creating both an inclusive environment and also one that rejects bias in all its forms. In the last 2 years we’ve introduced quite a few changes in addition to refining our Leadership Principles: new leadership frameworks and trainings to reinforce our principles; expanded our Global Advisory Committee on Diversity and Inclusion; introduced subcommittees on the GAC that focus on areas such as culture and hiring; introduced Employee Resource Groups; restructured our sales and support teams and in the process introduced greater transparency to account assignments and accountability, and have begun to lay the foundation for a future of flexible working that starts with the premise of being a hybrid work environment. We don’t always live up to our ideals, but we are trying to constantly evolve and grow, and I’d welcome the opportunity to learn more about your experiences so that we can continue to improve. If you are open to a conversation, please feel free to reach out at lizanne.vaughan@gettyimages.com (I’m the Chief People Officer). I wish you much success in the future.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee

Excellent

May 3, 2021 - Currently Unemployed in Phoenix, AZ
      Business Outlook

Pros

Selling your work and going on adventures

Cons

Not a steady bi-weekly paycheck

HR Coordinator

Thank you so much for sharing this feedback. We follow a semi-monthly pay schedule in the US, which allows employees to still receive a paycheck two times a month. If you have any questions or concerns around your pay, please do not hesitate to reach out to your local HR Business Partner. Thank you for your contributions to Getty Images in your time here so far.

7. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great team and company

Mar 30, 2021 - Customer Engagement Manager in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, collaboration, responsibilities - good work life balance

Cons

only good things to say

Getty Images Response

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback about your time at Getty Images! Your comments and this review help us to understand where we can focus to always improve our employee experience, including work life balance, which we are currently keeping at top of mind as we explore what the future of work life post-pandemic will look like. Thanks for your work while with Getty Images and best wishes for your new path!

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

My best experience yet

Mar 18, 2021 - Human Resources Business Partner in Los Angeles, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people, the respect, the work-life balance, benefits, growth.

Cons

I really don't have any Cons. I have never felt so appreciated and respected.

Getty Images Response

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback about your experience at Getty Images! We do have the (some might say) audacious goal of being the best place our employees have ever worked, and we can only get there with feedback from employees on how to continuously improve. It sounds like you have had a good experience, and that is great to hear. Thank you for sharing about respect, as we are proud of our overall focus on respect across Getty Images, and also our Diversity and Inclusion focus, which we believe provides a foundation for all employees being treated with respect. Thanks for your hard work and contributions over your time at Getty Images and thank you for taking the time to post a review and provide feedback!

9. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great

Mar 10, 2021 - Customer Support Associate in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing leadership and development in my opinion

Cons

There are no cons I can think of

Getty Images Response

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your experience at Getty Images! We are so glad to hear that your experience has been a good one, and that you mentioned our leaders and our terrific development programs. We believe that our learning and development team provides really strong learning opportunities for our team, and their programming continues to grow each year. Thanks for all your work as part of our team!

10. 3.0
      Former Employee

Depends on the team

Mar 19, 2021 - Sales Operations in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great colleagues and people to work with

Cons

No work life balance with long hours

Getty Images Response

Thank you for posting a review and providing valuable feedback. Our goal is that every Getty Images employee will have a great experience, regardless of the team they are on. We will share your comments with the leaders of your former team and explore if there are ways we could have made your experience a better one while you were with us. Thanks for your work while with Getty Images and thank you for the feedback!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 296 Reviews