Getty Images Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 8, 2017

2.9

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Getty Images (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview right away, then a couple day later went in for an in-person interview. This involved two interviews, one over Skype to the NY office and one in office.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Getty Images (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I had phone interview, followed by a in person interview. After that I did an online demo of their company and service. The interview process was pretty standard. The online demo was the most stressful.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Getty Images (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

Three hour interview, with three teams. There was a technical problem, using a testing framework, all in ruby. One interview was simply going over past projects on git hub, and the last interview was more behavioral questions.

Customer Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Getty Images (New York, NY).

Interview

30 minute phone interview followed by an hour long interview in person later that week. The people were friendly and easy to speak with. All my questions were answered in detail. I heard back in less than a week, so even though I didn't get the position, the experience was generally positive.

UI Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Getty Images (Seattle, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was through WebEx.
    She was friendly and gave brief introduction about herself.
    she asked which were random based on my experience and conversation.
    I don't remember all questions just noted which I remember. As the conversation went more than an hour she tried to wrap it up asking me to ask questions if any.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      What is cookie and session storage
      What is ajax? How does it work?
      What is javascript inheritance?
      What is white hat and black hat testing?
      What is load balancer?
      How do we select Mysql or nosql database
      How can we use javascript instead of angularJS
      How do selenium testing work?
      What are different kinds of testing?
      What are design patterns? What is a builder?
      How do you do end to end testing?
      What is meant by statelessness in restful?
      What are security aspects in web development? How can you overcome them?
      How do we decide the server size?
      What is the difference between lead and UI developer?
      What is the difference between Sr. and Jr. UI developer?
      How do http work? What does it contain in header and footer
      What is angularJS and how does it help developers?
      Challenges in live development and solving issues.
      Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Getty Images (Seattle, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

Invited me in for an interview from 9:30AM-1PM. Parking was paid for and directions were clear. I met with 4 employees of Getty images ranging from the recruiter to the engineer to the hiring manager and another manager on another team. They basically blocked me out for one-on-one interviews with each person for about 30-45 minutes. The tough part about all this was that no food was provided throughout the interview. So you're basically starving while going through interviews with different people.

Interview Questions

• How do you know when something is broken?   1 Answer
    • Tell me some projects you have completed   1 Answer

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Getty Images (New York, NY).

Interview

From the recruiting side.. very team oriented which was great for both sides. Most of my feedback here is not about my own personal interviewing experience as it was far n the past and not as relevant. Recruiting process was very fair to the candidates but took very long and was taxing for the internal team covering the open position.

Interview Questions

• behaviorial questions, which are the best kind. Also asked to do sample presentation   Answer Question

Support Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Getty Images (Seattle, WA) in July 2016.

Interview

Standard process;
    -Initial screening with recruiter via phone
    -First interview with hiring manager via phone
    -Onsite interview with hiring manager and 3 of the hiring managers 'subordinates' who were on equal management level with the position they were hiring for.

Very friendly and relaxed. They knew what they were looking for regarding cultural fit, skill sets, and generally the way you work, e.g. questions designed to determine if you reach out and network internally? Do you have a process or methodology to how you approach your job, specific aspects of the job/objectives? Can you proactively engage other areas of the business to cooperate, understand and get the job done?

Interview Questions

• They weren't standard questions, and weren't those obscure, difficult 'Google' type questions; somewhere in between. Mostly concentrated around cultural fit and general-specifics of how you work and how you achieve and accomplish objectives.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They have in-house compensation 'analysts' and offered above market rate and benefits. Not really any room to negotiate.

Accounts Payable Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Getty Images in June 2016.

Interview

The worst interview experience I have ever experience. Not only did HR reach out to me to apply for this position, the phone interview went great and they wanted to schedule another interview because they felt that I was qualified for the job. I gave them a timeframe to schedule, and HR said that an email will be sent to confirm. I waited a few days and heard nothing. Emailed HR and heard absolutely nothing back after 2 weeks. If HR decided another candidate would be suitable for this position, they could have the decency to reply back and let me know instead of waisting my time. This made me lose all respect for this company and how unorganized their HR is.

Technical Account Manager Interview

Interview

They reached out to me on linked in, I had a phone interview with the recruiter who then set up another phone interview with the person the job reported to. After that phone interview I went in person to meet with each of these people. A week later I had another phone interview with someone on the west coast team as well. Another week goes by and I get an email from them asking me to come in person the next day to interview with three more people. I am currently employed and found this ridiculous. I declined to go in as I could not miss another day of work.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions, tell me your background, why are you interested in this position, give some examples of how you helped clients in the past, what technical issues do you deal with etc.   Answer Question