Godish.com Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Damon Diamantaras

1. "Not bad at all"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Houston, TX

Pros

Comany stay very positive even in the hard times. Business depends on how well their partners are doing but overall work hard and get the reward.

Cons

there is too many people in the management I dont think company needs all these people in the management. newer decisions are made every month not giving a clear direction for the company

Advice to Management

Make things simpler. too many directional changes for the company doesnt give the company a good outlook.

"My last review was removed"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Houston, TX

I worked at Godish.com full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Nice building, friendly employees, good potential to make money, lower management is cool, break room. They now give you some of their residuals on past sales that you sold.

Cons

My last review got removed. I guess they didn't like the fact that I called upper management drug addicts, so I won't do that this time. Damon the owner has a "my way or the highway" mentality. He has hired and promoted several people over the years to manage the company and most ended up getting fired. They're basically there to enforce what he wants no matter how wrong or stupid it is. Yes there was no end to his pie in the sky ideas that never worked. Every week it was something and usually meant more work for the sales reps for less money. He hired people from his church to do BS task. Did mass hiring and then laid everyone off. Kept adding more and more scripts we had to read and then not only wrote us up if we didn't read them, but also fined us. They kept changing the commission and pay structure. At one point they charged us for every call we took. There was a lot of sales reps committing fraud. One day he fired half the company over fraud and because they had hired too many people. From what I hear there are even more scripts and it is even easier to get fired. A lot of it is Dish Network the main product they sell, but a lot of it is just them.

Advice to Management

Stop acting like the cool kid in school and stop belittling and talking down on people. Stop changing things and just find what works. You sell TV and other home services, you'll never be a Mattress Mack. Stop being so cliquish with upper management and with your church people at work. People can see right through it.

"decent"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Houston, TX

I worked at Godish.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

lost of calls, always busy and plenty of leads.. money to be made.. always offering overtime

Cons

will work you to death, sometimes you are to busy to get a break, strictly metrics drivin.. mandatory overtime just about every week

Advice to Management

management really doesnt have much say so in what goes there, top dog calls all the shots and is on management to make sure his money is coming in.. thats it

"Hostile, condescending, disrespectful employer"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Houston, TX

I worked at Godish.com full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Decent new building, co-workers were the best part, met some great people. Learned a lot about the call center environment and sales.

Cons

The owner (Damon) is completely out of touch, he is disrespectful towards employees, complaints of discrimination are shrugged off by him and treated as if they don't exist, he has compared working here as "pushing drugs", and has even mocked employees with physical disabilities.

Commission changes constantly, always looking for a way for the company to screw over employees. Paychecks are often short and must be sorted with a fine tooth comb to ensure your paycheck is correct, which it usually is not.

Management is okay until they must be brainwashed or forced to be pro-company above all else, even your own morals and ethics, because to go along with Damon's ruling, you surely must let go of any ethics you ever had.

They hace received discrimination complaints with the EEOC that they try to say don't exist.

The turnover is ridiculous. Management jobs are unstable since they constantly go through "company shifts" where management is displaced or just simply fired or demoted.

They seem to think their employees are stupid, and if any ever show signs of disagreeing with company moves (or that they possess a brain) they will do anything they can to get rid of them.

They WILL lie to make it seem like they acted legally, shame on all you managers who along with these actions. They will manufacture a situation that results in a write up or termination against anyone who they don't like.

They WILL use a manager to deliver bad news or lay off or terminate employees and then get rid of that manager, I saw it happen many times.

They want to make it seem they have integrity, and will shove the "core values" down your throat, but this company is THE most dishonest and morally corrupt I have ever worked for.

They ask employees to come here and leave good reviews.

Advice to Management

Managers: Grow a spine and develop some morals. Realize that you are enforcing rules that affect actual human beings with lives, not just numbers that affect how much Damon likes you that week.

Damon: I honestly don't know. But I would hope you one day realize that being sucessful does not mean being a terrible human being. There are lots of sales corporations that have happy employees and are sucessful. Stop trying to manufacture a fake happy environment and stop asking employees to come here and leave good reviews, and instead actually make it a good enough company where employees WANT to leave good reviews.

"Assistant Sales Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Godish.com (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, good money if you are not salaried. The calls are incoming so they have a need and it's your job to cater to that to get your commission. Salaried... not so much unless you are in executive management.

Cons

I'm not sure sure where to start. Best advice; if you are looking to to get your feet wet in a management role, go for it. You better have tough skin and be able to deal with impromptu changes. Your opinion doesn't really matter and it will forever be your job to get agents to "buy in" even when you don't.

Advice to Management

Step your game up; people won't follow a leader they don't respect.

7. "Not a career."

I have been working at Godish.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The break room is nice and there are lots of places to have lunch in the area. Pool table, snacks, tvs, xbox.

Cons

Comp plan is terrible and impossible to understand. Processes change all of the time. Employees doing unethical things are rewarded with a rolex at the end of the year. Upper management is incompetent. Honest and hard work not rewarded. Business has really declined in past year.

Advice to Management

Work on the comp plan. Do the right thing and do not reward those who lie, cheat and steal to close a deal. Reward honesty. Honesty from the top down shoul be the most important company value.

8. "desperate go work here"

Former Employee - Sales in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Sales in Houston, TX

I worked at Godish.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

overall pay on average is decent for this environment

Cons

long hours, inconsistent pay structure, policies and compensation package changes rapidly with little warning, managers play games and lie

Advice to Management

treat all employees alike, do not lie to new employees

"You get out what you put in"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Houston, TX

I have been working at Godish.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've sold for years and consider myself pretty good at that part, but I alwAys hated lead gen. They bring you the leads. Not all great, but these customers are actually responding to a legit offer that gives enough info to get them interested. They are warm calls. I'm not a top dog but a steady guy and have seen consistent 3500 to 4500/mo on dish and on internet when I was there. Not complaining about the $.

Cons

Took me time to understand the ebb and flow cycles of calls. Some says a constant stream, others some gaps. Never slow, but when there are gaps the best reps learn to fill in with follow ups. Took me a while to figure that out.

Advice to Management

More part time or part day shifts- flexibility would allow me to make more $$

10. "You get out what you put in"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Houston, TX

I worked at Godish.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I started with almost no sales experience, left really understanding how to sell. Sold multiple products for the company and learned how to meet the customers needs while still achieving my goals of making sales and money. My income was good, about 3500/mo sometimes more. Some did a lot better. Leads are all inbound and most want to buy. Like anything the people with no money want to buy the most, have to learn to weed through that. About 1 in 4or 5 calls turn into commissions.

Cons

There's no part time program so when I wanted to go back to school full time I had to move one. People that didn't do well here were like bad apples complaining about stuff constantly. Most people were great, seems like they couod get rid of those people that brought bad attitudes. Selling is so much about being in the right state of mind.

Advice to Management

Revisit the policy to not allow people to work part time.

11. "Good Job"

Current Employee - Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Godish.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You are part of a growing.team. CEO and management speaks to everyone.

Cons

Better vacation day structure. Have to wait a year for any vacation paid time off.