Gogotech Reviews | Glassdoor

Gogotech CEO Hassan Ragab
Hassan Ragab

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great place to work"

I worked at Gogotech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great place to work where you can learn a lot and accelerate your career growth. You learn more in 3 months at gogotech than many learn in a year at other places.
    - Coworkers here are smart, helpful and passionate about the quality of their work.
    - Free snacks & coffee everyday and free lunch once per month.
    - Good location & easy commute

Cons

Nothing I can think of.

"i shouldn't have ever accepted the job"

I worked at Gogotech full-time

Pros

next to starbucks, easy commute

Cons

everything else, a complete mess and a switch and bait company

"Worst Company Ever"

I worked at Gogotech full-time

Pros

Nothing good about this company

Cons

Company is run by a CEO that knows nothing about ecommerce.

Advice to Management

Pay people what they are worth

"Interesting work, fun environment"

I have been working at Gogotech full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This company recognizes talent and helps them grow. If you are willing to work hard then this is the place you need to be.
    Management is reasonably flexible with good understanding of employee's family needs.
    Each department is interrelated. One gets to learn as there is a lot of knowledge sharing.
    Competitive salary with great employee benefits.

Cons

Its not really a con; however this company is performance driven. You have to perform to grow.

"High turnover is the new normal"

Current Employee - Brand Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Brand Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Gogotech full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The location is excellent when you use the LIRR. The building is going through a renovation and exciting new food places are conveniently located downstairs for a quick lunch.

Cons

Where should one start??

Our employee and management turnover is higher than industry average.

We have allowed employees to return that left on questionable terms.

Our growth is no longer based on organic growth. Our only opportunity to grow appears to be based on acquisitions. What does that mean for those of us are handcuffed with older brands ?

Advice to Management

We need to pivot and right the ship. The recent departure of multiple employees combined with numerous job openings should be cause for concern.

6. "No Lie - Best Job I've Ever Had"

I have been working at Gogotech full-time

Pros

Opportunity to make good money.
    GREAT PEOPLE!
    Consistently improving culture.
    Growing company with room to advance.

I won't go as far to say that the negative reviews of this company and it's CEO don't have ANY merit. At the same time, the majority these were written by former employees - most of whom are categorized as "former" for good reasons. Gogotech is not a perfect company, and neither is it's CEO. But we're constantly working to improve and make it a better place to work - and that counts for something.

The best part of this job is the people. We have such a great team here - it's pretty much family. Some people don't fit in. Some don't make it. But for those that do, it is a great experience.

Cons

Nothing is handed to you at Gogotech. The expectations are very high. If you want to make more money, you have to show that you're worth it. If you want to move up, you have to make it happen. Most middle management - and even a couple execs - started out at the bottom.

If you want to slide by, put forth minimum effort and have a negative attitude, this probably isn't the place for you. You'll end up getting fired and leaving a venomous Glassdoor review. Save everyone the trouble.

"Great place to work hard and have fun"

Current Employee - Purchasing Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Purchasing Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Gogotech full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people that work here I think is the best thing about this company. Everyone has a work hard play hard attitude, we like to have fun but also understand how to work hard and make a company successful. New management has worked to make sure everyone is getting trained properly and is getting the help they need to succeed, as this was not always present in the past. We had a bad rep a few years ago but I think we have completely done a 180 into a more structured environment that has potential for growth in a growing e-commerce industry. If you are hungry and eager you can succeed here fairly quickly!

Cons

I think every company has it learning curves and we had some of that going on in the past few years which I think has given us a not so great reputation , but I can assure you that has changed. We do still need to work on structure and improve growth opportunities but it is in progress . Snacks need to improve a little and coffee may need an upgrade as well

8. "Gogotech"

I worked at Gogotech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, free coffee & snacks

Cons

not much room to grow, need some restructural changes

9. "Great place to work if you know what it means to hustle and how to make a difference."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Gogotech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been with the company for nearly half a decade and like any business environment there are ups and downs, times where everything seems to work and other times where you want to pull your hair out.. I can say with certainty I enjoy being here.. I have credentials and experience that gives me plenty of choices for where I want to be career-wise, but I love the work that I do, and I want to be here. I love my role at Gogotech, and contary to other people's remarks on here, I have moved up within the company and increased my compensation accordingly.. *hint hint, go ahead and write this down* I did so in the following really easy steps:
    1. Have a never give up attitude, give consistent effort day in and day out.
    2. Take the initiative to go and really spend the time and energy needed to fully understand how to make a positive impact in my role for the company.
    3. From day one of my employment at Gogotech I set a simple goal, I planned to do everything in my power to make a name for myself so moving up is a no-brainer for management when the opportunity presents itself. I want this to be the easiest decision my superior makes that day.

Now, I actually find the past negative reviews about Gogotech to be kind of funny because the people who wrote them all had similarities with entitlement, negative attitudes, complacency, and quite frankly this company will never mesh well with those traits. I would go as far as saying the entrepreneurial environment we have here is probably a pro for some and maybe a con for others, some people need constant guidance, reassurance, and raises that auto-generate when the old annual review comes by. Gogotech isn't like that and in my opinion it is a huge PRO. I love that I can mold, reshape, propose, and hustle my way to the vision I have for success within my department and for the growth of the company. I love that I am not micro-managed, I don't have to ask for permission to get up from my desk, I don't sit there and fear my work isn't being noticed, and most importantly I don't feel like I am being asked to do more than I am capable of.. all of these things make it fun and exciting to work in my department, with my team, and with my brands. I probably could go on and on, but you don't want to read all 4500bits of feedback I could offer ;)

Cons

Having gone through the 90 day probationary period way back when, to my current role with the company, the biggest con is that we could be better with new hire training, offering certification / continuing education opportunities for our employees. We also need to work on communication between departments.. These shortfalls don't affect my day-to-day at all for the most part but I can understand why new hires can feel a bit lost at times. No company is perfect, Gogotech is not perfect, but the management and executive team we have here is constantly looking for ways to improve the business and make the work environment better and better over time.

Advice to Management

Great work removing the negativity from the
    workplace, it has made a really nice improvement in so many different ways.. If we can improve upon the items listed above, I think we will be in a better position to grow and keep the talent we need for the future.

"no room for grow at this company"

I worked at Gogotech full-time

Pros

great work location to travel

Cons

there is no room for growth at this company