KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 175 of over 340 reviews

3.6
Golin CEO Matt Neale
Matt Neale
Pros
  • "Golin has supported me throughout my career(in 38 reviews)

• "Great people, great culture and they do try to improve the overall business(in 19 reviews)

• Cons
  • "The pay is just "okay" compared with other PR companies(in 28 reviews)

• "Not conducive to people who like jumping from job-to-job -- people who want to stay at least 2 years have the best experiences and really 'get' Golin(in 28 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Featured Review

The best agency I've worked for

Mar 18, 2021 - Senior Manager in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people are amazing here!!! I work with the Healthcare team and I have never had such amazing co-workers from the top down. You will get tons of exposure high levels. Our leadership is so involved and looks out for the practice to ensure career growth, pray increases and progression. The remote onboarding was also pretty seamless. I was sent my equipment on time. I met with IT, HR and Office Services on my first day and then I had 1:1's with a handful of folks in the healthcare practice for my first few weeks. I found all team members to be highly helpful and accessible. Additionally, the agency has done such a great job of keeping the culture alive in a digital environment. I have been super impressed! I feel very connected and engrained in the agency and the people. I have been encouraged by management and HR to take my UTO...which I need to be better at! Lastly, I would like to add how much I appreciate Golin's back to office approach. Golin and IPG have been exceedingly mindful of not only safety but comfort level. I have not been pushed to come back, we have received 2-3 surveys to evaluate how the general Golin population is feeling...and they listen!

Cons

This isn't necessarily a con, but I wish I lived closer to my team so we could grab some covid safe dinner or drinks! :)

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best Agency I've Ever Worked For.

Jun 17, 2021 - Senior Manager in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Stellar client roster that allows employees to move throughout company and gain breadth of experience Truly care about employee success and wellbeing Amazing resources to deliver best-in-class client support Four-tiered structure ensures all are excelling in their unique skill sets Great benefits (i.e. well-being reimbursement, internet reimbursement, 401K matching)

Cons

Agency-life means client service and sometimes long hours when launching big programs

3. 4.0

Solid place to work

Jul 12, 2021 - Media Manager in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great accounts, great office location

Cons

Hard to advance in your career, top heavy

4. 1.0

Worst work experience I've had

Jun 14, 2021 - Director in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good client brands on paper, had the opportunity to meet, bond with and manage some great colleagues

Cons

In my 10+ years of experience I have never seen anything like Golin NYC. The executive management of two colleagues directly under the president have grossly mismanaged the consumer business. Turnover is extremely high, there is no ability/trust to have actual smart new hires allow necessary changes that would improve the business, freelancers are used as bandaids, hour allocations are a joke, colleagues are overworked to the expense at the quality of their work and overall health. I take no pleasure in writing a review like this but the state of Golin NYC consumer is so poor people need to hear this.

4 people found this review helpful
    5. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Any issues it has, every other PR agency also has

Jun 8, 2021 - Senior Associate in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, Benefits, Unlimited Paid Time Off, Leadership Support, Upward and Horizontal Mobility

Cons

Demanding, no work life balance, long hours, unreasonable workloads and deadlines

6. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

great people, not so great leaders

Jul 13, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

nice people with great heart

Cons

leaders on very different pages

7. 1.0

An absolute nightmare

Mar 12, 2021 - Account Manager in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Billion dollar clients and fun projects to work on - Looks good on resume - You can bond with your colleagues through everyone’s frequent tears and panic attacks

Cons

If I could give this company 0 stars, I would. They sell you dreams of changing the world with their high profile clients, but it’s all a lie. Aside from the fact that the office is severely understaffed (which is an understatement), management is disorganized and toxic. Love dealing with Trump supporters, folks who take no accountability, no work life balance and a heap full of manipulation? Then hop on board the Golin train, folks... choo choo! It’s an express train to hell. Senior leadership is very hit or miss. The new additions have tried their best, but it’s difficult to govern an environment that is already too far gone. If you’re part or the BIPOC community or any marginalized community for that matter ... don’t even bother working here. Save yourself. You’ll be tokenized and undermined on a daily basis, confused with other people who are the same race as you, and be spoken to like a child ... these are just a few of the many reasons why folks or color all leave one after the other. HR is a joke, much like this company. Save yourself and work somewhere else. It’s not worth the pay. AT ALL!

10 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0

Amazing Place to Work!

Mar 18, 2021 - Associate in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

From day one, I knew I made the best decision joining Golin! I instantly felt like I was part of the team! The onboarding process was seamless, even being completely remote, my managers were incredibly patient as I was getting the hang of things. I never feel like any question is too small, and really feel like my managers want me to succeed. The communication amongst team members is great, and everything is handled respectfully and professionally. There is constant encouragement to maintain work life balance and a true focus on employee happiness. The culture truly can't be beat!

Cons

Wish there were more virtual team gatherings.

9. 1.0

22 departures in 9 weeks

May 26, 2021 - Senior Vice President in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great clients; great teammates in Chicago and Dallas.

Cons

Hour allocations are made up and distributed to NYC team members monthly. There is no system to track resource allocations – they are literally tracked in an Excel file. When you exceed your allocated hours, the Executive Director client service lead will instruct you NOT to log your hours or put time against "Admin", which is not legal. As an example, in May, I had 30 hours to support a piece of business and I've logged more than 90 hours, inclusive of supporting IAT agency asks (which are not billed to client or requesting agency). The Executive Director client service lead sent the client an email stating we would write off overages in the SPIRIT OF GOOD PARTNERSHIP. This is a consistent theme, which is just bad for business. While several of the recent hires have attempted to affect change, HR and the President are oblivious and disconnected from the reality of the business. The culture is toxic, and 12 hour days are the norm. The Executive Director client service lead once said to a group "an 11 hour workday is not that bad." This individual consistently calls people out for not working hard enough or for logging more hours than a task requires. This coming from someone who has never done the work. I raised this with HR, and was told that this had never surfaced as an issue. However, I have four colleagues which have raised the same issue with HR. Document EVERYTHING. Send an email to HR and copy or blind copy your personal email. The expectation from the client service lead(s) is that you can pull together a strategy in a day, or "steal" from other decks. The first red flag for anyone should be that Golin NY does not ask for references. Why? You're not going to be there long enough for it to matter. Also worth mentioning that unlimited time off means you don't get to take time off, because there is nobody to backfill the work when you are sick or when you take a day off. This saves the company money as they don't have to pay out your PTO when you leave.

7 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

GREAT place to work – amazing office culture and client roster

Mar 17, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

* The SF office (and Chicago hub) has a great culture, with a lot of opportunities to grow across the company. * Wonderful, strategic staff and a senior leadership team who is very accessible and invested in the happiness of their employees. The SF president/MD is one of the best I’ve seen! * The SF office consists of a fun team and has the feeling of a boutique agency, while also having the support and access to a global company and IPG’s network.

Cons

None, great place to work.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 175 Reviews